Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Jad Amir

News of Narkavrum's woes reached his ears whilst he already traveled down the Sultan's Highway, continuing his duty of selfless protection and personal duty of selfish training. He was already on his way to meet the challenge when, not long after first hearing of the troubles, he had been visited by a most curious woman employing him to help on behalf of Magistrate Vashti Rafhezadi along with a group of similar fellows. The grace of the woman's voice yet the coldness of her eyes made him suspicious, yet he could not deny a request from the Magistrate to lend his services, especially as he was already on his way to offer them willingly.

When his path eventually takes him into the town, in no time at all does he discover the rumour of the incursion and source of troubles is located beneath a butcher's shop. Fitting, he thinks, that the site of cut meat and fresh blood would be where the terrors of the deep can be found. But, alas, his first order of business before the fight can begin is to attend a drat meeting, where folks would talk instead of acting.

Entering the ruined stone hall, his steps cause the shield on his back to clank against his armour which announces his presence before even a word is said. Some faces he does not recognise, yet one he does; the woman who had come to him earlier. No doubt she is the Magistrate's agent which he is to meet with before his work can begin. With a nod to them all, he takes a seat of which he is grateful to rest his tired feet.

Some fun looks to be had between the other noticeable warrior and the bey, but it is sadly all over before his arse hits the seat.

To the young woman pointing at him and talking of his shield, he smiles. "You know your sigils, Miss." She must have been taught well, he muses. Or be quite worldly.

He taps his foot lightly, looking around the room and counting heads before addressing the bey. "How many more to arrive? I am eager to be about our work here."

pre:
Profession: Fighter
Alignment: Good
Social Class: +1

Motivation: 'In order to get revenge on someone or something that assaulted you.'

Disposition : 5

Charisma:       7 (-1)
Dexterity:      11
Ferocity:       13 (+1 from leveling)
Health:         13 (+1 from leveling)
Intelligence:   8 (-1)
Willpower:      8 (-1)

Equipment:
- 50 feet of silk rope
- Backpack
- Bastard sword
- Book - A simple notebook.
- A hand mirror 
- A jar of beard oil
- Manacles
- A shield = +1 Armour Rating
- A silver dagger
- A week of rations.
- Heavy armour (From Social Rank) = 15 Armour Rating
- Fancy Family Helmet (Heirloom) - A silver helmet with a gold band around the base, affixed with the symbol of his house; a silver arrow pointing down.

A Velociraptor! fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Jun 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Jad

The warrior remains silent through the meet and greet, choosing rather to listen and analyze the various characters he is to be working with. Some, if not most, seem hardly the sort to fair well in combat against the Nightmares, but one cannot be picky with who has the gift of keeping their wits about them when descending into the deep. And he must admit, he has been surprised by seemingly ordinary folk who reveal themselves to posses power able to fight back even the fiercest of beasts, so perhaps this rag-tag assortment of strangers might prove themselves heroes of the people yet.

When all have arrived and names, titles and pleasantries have been passed around, he is the first to stand when the decision to start their task is uttered. "Finally. The longer we wait, the longer the Nightmare taints the land and lives of these innocents." And with that, he follows first behind Kamran to the site of the incursion, offering the man some words of comfort as they walk. "Fear not, for if they yet live we shall bring them home. And if they have fallen then their memories will be forever immortalized as heroes of Law."

As they come upon the butcher's shop, he follows Reyhana up to inspect the interior. Dark, derelict and smell of rotting meat; it is indeed a place of Nightmares if ever he saw one.

He offers no objection the Bey's marching orders, just simply readies his shield on his left forearm and checks over his armour once more before drawing his sword. "When we find the beasts down there, I suggest those at the front move to stand behind me."

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Jad

He turns slowly around to look at the bard, eyebrow cocked with a face of stone, and simply stares at the man for a few seconds before turning back to look at the butcher's shop without a word. Although the helmet he wears hides his face from behind, the bard might still hear the warrior chuckling softly.

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Jad

He turns to Musad, observing the drawing of his own blood without a word but offering a nod of understand when he locks eyes with the man. "Worry not, friend. More blood than your own will meet your sword edge today, I'll guarantee it. Plenty of beasts down there to share, I'd wager." He offers a slight smile to the desert man. "They'll know the pain they have caused others soon enough."

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Jad

He follows cautiously behind Shodana and Macit, his eyes darting every which way about the lair as they adjust to the darkness beyond the torches light. Steps are taken gingerly around the tripwire as he attempts not to think too much about what it's made from. His mind is kept steeled, his senses sharp and his body ready to turn and face danger at a split seconds notice. If nothing else, it helps keep himself steady in this horrid place where no mortal man was meant to tread and the dark passages bring madness to people's minds.

Following Reyhana's gaze, he mutters a small curse at the sight of the bodies. "Sadly so, Miss. Sights like these are all too common, but we are likely to see worse during our time here." The sight of the broken shield has him shake his head. "I fear these may be the poor souls sent in before us..." Perhaps some might yet survive though.

It appears their fearless leader has the same idea. As the Bey begins her search of the pit, the warrior moves over to stand by Reza. His sword is kept up and ready to strike incase a beast should be waiting in the darkness below.

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Jad

Shouts come from beneath, followed by unnatural wails that reverberate around the chamber. A familiar feeling of cold terror along with the rush of excitement mixes through his body as his muscles tense and his grip on sword and shield tighten. With action now thrust upon them, it is time to see what these beasts and their unlikely group are made of.

The warrior positions himself near the fire pit with Musad, seeing the man's thinking of having all doors and pits within relatively equal reach. "That," he says to Zarina, allowing her to get between himself and Musad if she so wishes. "That is what will fall to our blades soon enough. Those wails will be nothing compared to the ones they scream in death." Despite his confidence, he still mutters a small personal blessing to himself before he raises his shield and adopts a stance.

His eyes roam to each door and pit in turn to see which one the beasts will come from.

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Jad

He looks to his side to see one of the beasts scramble out of the pit, only to be impaled shortly on Musad's weapon. "Fine work!" he shouts to the fellow fighter, but he doubts the man hears him. And from his screams, the man doesn't seem to be focusing on much else except the thrill of the kill.

And thrilling it is for he soon has his own beast to contend with. He stands unmoving as he feels the wretch slam into his shield and lash out at him with it's claws. Behind, he spies yet another foe climbing out of a pit and ready to be felled when he's finished with this one. With a wordless roar, he brings his sword around in a deadly arc to finish the first creature in one strike before moving onto the next.

<A_Velociraptor> !roll 1d20+1
* LawBot rolled 1d20+1 for A_Velociraptor and got 14 (Attack)
<A_Velociraptor> !roll 2d8
* LawBot rolled 2d8 for A_Velociraptor and got 15 (Damage)

#For my second turn, I'll continue to attack this one if it somehow doesn't go down or, if it does die, I'll move and attack the one coming out of the NE pit.

* LawBot rolled 1d20+1 for A_Velociraptor and got 10 (Attack)
#Not sure if this hits? Although if it doesn't, I still roll damage for being a fighter.#
<A_Velociraptor> !roll 1d8
* LawBot rolled 1d8 for A_Velociraptor and got 8 (Damage)
#If I did hit, the second damage roll was 8 again.#

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Jad

Surprise crosses his face as he sees the Sister appear as if a ghost from behind the creature, burying her blade into it's back to allow him a clean cut that brings the beast down. He nods in gratitude, with a small smile to the lady. This one is more than as she seems, clearly.

Another foe is seen clambering out of the pit at his feet, yet he also spies Musad still occupied with one beast whilst another begins to emerge from the other pit nearby. The man will soon be outnumbered. Feeling the Sister is more than capable with one beast, the warrior moves to the other pit to try and keep their foes from overwhelming those nearest to him.

"Face me, foul beast!" he shouts as he strides over and swings with his blade.

<A_Velociraptor> !roll 1d20+1 (Attack)
* LawBot rolled 1d20+1 for A_Velociraptor and got 15
<A_Velociraptor> !roll 2d8 (Damage)
* LawBot rolled 2d8 for A_Velociraptor and got 3
#Moving to the South East pit and Attacking the one coming out.#

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Jad

The beast is far larger and tougher than the rest of it's ilk but fear does not show on his face, rather a look of sinister glee adorns it instead. "Good," he says ducking and avoiding the creature's blows as he stands with it toe to toe. "I had hoped one of you might prove a challenge!" At last, a proper chance to test his strength. This foe will fall before him for the road he must travel stretches further on than here... The warm up was over. Time for the real thing.

Letting loose another roar, the warrior swings his sword around to cut a new hole into the creature.

* LawBot rolled 1d20+1 for A_Velociraptor and got 17 (Attack)
<A_Velociraptor> !roll 2d8
* LawBot rolled 2d8 for A_Velociraptor and got 7 (Damage)
#Just keep swingin', Just keep swingin'~

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Jad

Their fearsome foe is down, but he's gained a rather nasty wound for it in return. He sucks in through his teeth in pain as he feels a sizable gash between his armour along his head where the beast's claws caught him. No matter though, merely one more scar for his collection. He still stands and the wails of their enemies continue to emanate from the other side of the room. "I hardly need caring for," he grunts to Musad as he and the Sister move to join the ongoing fray. "Merely a scratch" He seems to say it more to himself than anyone else.

Hefting up sword and shield, he sets off across the room to lend his aid. The fight still continues and he will not simply stand idly by whilst it does, wounded or not.

Moving west.

A Velociraptor! fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Dec 3, 2016

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Jad
Disposistion = 0. Health = 11

He sees foes fall as he moves across the room, yet two remain. The one as large as the beast that wounded him appears to be brutally mauling Navid, so it's to him that the warrior rushes to aid. He roars as he charges, in defiance of the beast but also in reaction to the pain he feels from his wound as he moves. All thoughts to his own safety are nonexistent as he rushes forward with all his strength, his sword pointed directly at the creature.

* LawBot rolled 1d20+1 for A_Velociraptor and got 20
* LawBot rolled 2d8 for A_Velociraptor and got 8
#Moving up to hit the Big One.

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Jad

He stands over the dead beast, panting as the adrenaline leaves his body. After some seconds of this, he simply bends down to pick up a piece of cloth that Navid discards and uses it to wipe the blood from his blade before he sheathes it. With his now free hand, he reaches to his wound and pulls his hand away slightly bloody. A nasty little wound, but hardly life threatening. At least the pain of it will keep him alert down here. He watches the Bey's display cautiously, as if he were watching a madwoman, unsure of what she might do next. When she takes a more serious tone, he simply shakes his head. "Leave the beasts here, burn them, or throw them into the pits, I say. The townsfolk should be spared from having to see their twisted forms for they have suffered enough without suggesting this is what has become of their loved ones. If they were once men, they are not anymore. They are Nightmares that belong as much in our world dead as they did alive."

He walks over to Reyhana and Musad then, nodding his head in appreciation to them both. "Impressive moves, indeed," he says, looking longer at the Sister when he does. "Those beasts stood no chance. I had hoped they would prove more of a challenge, yet I suppose numbers were their only strength."

At Navid's suggestion, he glances over at the pits and then to the doors. "Let us inspect these doors. Perhaps one lends an easier way down than lowering ourselves with ropes again. The contents of a box do not interest me, only the eradication of these creatures. We should continue until we are sure that none remain."

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Jad

The warrior looks to Macit and sees the man counting his arrows and the bodies around him. Not seeing a weapon on his person other than the bow, the warrior steps over and flips up his sheathed silver dagger, holding it out to the man. "Keep this handy, should we run into more and they get closer than you would like. Try not to lose if, for I would like it back once this is over."

Handing over Silver Dagger to Macit.

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Jad

The warrior levels a look at Navid, clearly not caring for what the man suggests. "No," he says in a flat tone. "I would sooner give up my own arms than the sword my father gave me and the shield that represents my family. As long as I stand I shall not give them up to another and that is not to change. I appreciate the thought to my safety but I can stand through another fight, if we are to find one. Perhaps you should take the bow as you appear in the worst shape of us all."

As the Bey moves over to open one of the doors, he steps over to join her. "I do not wish to rest either, let us move on. If we come across this box then we can investigate, but our foes are what we should be focusing on."

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Jad

He throws up a hand to cover his nose and mouth as they move through the trough hallway, making his way through hastily to the other side. Although he may be used to the sight and smells of gore, the sheer volume of it here is near-overwhelming to his senses. His eyes widen in horror as the Bey lunges into the troughs. He can understand the desperation felt to find clues of those missing down here, but even still it is a horrendous sight.

Within the next room he watches curiously as Navid proceeds to drink from the pool without any hesitation. "How do you feel?" A foolish risk, he thinks to himself. Lucky the man did not fall over dead there and then. And lucky if he is not somehow poisoned in some unseen way now. "You should not be so quick to consume anything you find down here. It is more likely to harm than aid you."

He looks down at the strange markings around the pool. Not by man, the Sister states. "The nightmares wrote this then? Why would they bother?"

He nods to Kasra. "The eastern door seems as good as any. Although I am curious about that one." He points to the iron southern door that stands out from the other two in the room.

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Jad

"Fey?" He all but spits the word out and his hand moves to his sword hilt as he visibly tenses at the mention of them. "Fey will help us as much as the Nightmares will. Anything of their origin should be avoided just as much, if not treated with more suspicion and cautiousness."

A Velociraptor! fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Dec 5, 2016

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Jad

He cocks an eyebrow up at the gore-covered Bey. "If you think I am starting a fight amongst us then you are mistaken, for I have no quarrel with any of you. Navid is safe and we should be thankful for it, simply put. But I still state that we should be cautious of all we encounter down here as we proceed, be it of Nightmare, Fey or even human origin."

He grunts, knowing he will start a fight if he wastes time talking any more. He moves over to the eastern door, ready to open it when the others appear ready as well. "Regardless, this pool does not matter. We have Nightmares to kill."

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Jad

Facing down the skeleton shieldwall, Jad realizes the suicidal nature of charging well before the shouts and calls come from the others behind. "It's a trap!" he shouts, then nodding in agreement with Reza. "The advantage is theirs, we must fall back!" The calls from Kasra fill him with vigor once more, but not so foolish is he to run into certain death despite the order from their de facto leader. Easy to give the order to advance, he thinks, when you are stood well behind the men charging forward to die.

He begins to edge back toward the door with Reza, his shield held aloft in good time to deflect an incoming arrow. But Musad's charge gives him pause. He stops and thinks to charge ahead with the man, if only to defend him from the onslaught of blows he is sure to face, but then the arrow strikes and down Musad falls.

With his sword still not drawn, he wastes no time in marching out and he reaches Musad before the Bey even gets there. He is no stranger to battlefield injuries, so he proceeds with precision in extracting the arrow in one swift motion and tearing a piece of cloth from his clothes to bind the man's wound as quickly and firmly as possible. When the Bey does reach him, he casts her a grim look knowing her foolish order could well have been what spurred Musad on and lead him to possibly lose his life.

"Get him out of here!" He leaves Shodana to drag the man back to safety, raising his shield once more in the hopes of deflecting the next volley before he too makes his escape back to the others.

A Velociraptor! fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Dec 6, 2016

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Jad

During their rest, the warrior simply assists in barricading the doors before he sits in a corner and tends to his own wound. The bleeding has stopped, yet the pain still persists slightly. He calls no attention to it though for it will hardly hinder his duty here. When this is done, he simply rests, eats and drinks.

When the argument ensues, he merely watches and lets it play out. Tensions are running high and it's only natural for soldiers to blow off steam in these situations. Only if blows are exchanged will he move in to stop it. Whilst he agrees with Reza, he does not lend his voice to the argument. Musad is thankfully alive, although in a shaky condition, and their enemies are thankfully not seeking to pursue them. What anger and frustration he feels for the foolish order is best served toward the Nightmares than his own allies.

Annoyed though he may be with her, even one so hardened as he cannot help but feel a pang of compassion for Shodana when the woman attempts to hide the flow of tears. However, she seems in no mood to be comforted, far from it, so he simply hefts his shield up once more and follows to the door when the order is given to move on once more.

The warrior marches behind silently, observing everything yet admiring nothing. When they pass the cells and come to the lake, he eyes the coffins warily before looking on in surprise at the appearance of the lizardman. With the creature's bow half-drawn, the warrior readies himself to rush forward and guard those in front with his shield at the slightest hint of the beast taking aim.

Re-rolled disposition and got 6.

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Jad

The warrior lowers his guard a little now that the creature does not appear to be hostile toward them, at least not outright anyway. He still stays ready to leap into action though, wary of any beast they might encounter down here. "If you mean those eyeless creatures, then we have dispatched them. If not, what are these sleepers you speak of?" Still with his eyes on the lizard, he jerks his head in the direction of the coffins. "Did you put these people in here? Do you know who they are?"

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Jad

"More poor souls lost," he says looking over the coffins. "We should take them back to the surface once our goal is achieved, if we are able to do so."

He observes their new lizard friend over the gap. This one might prove a fine ally against the Nightmares. "It is good that we are assisting this creature and he us. No one should be left to fight this Nightmare alone." To the question of what to be done with the valuables, he shrugs. "Better to clear the foulness from this place before we think of gathering treasure, but if you all think it best to carry some with us for now then I will assist." Nodding to Reyhana, he too shows a length of rope from his pack. "I too have rope to be of use, but I feel we should use our strength and time to fight rather than haul heavy valuables that might wait until our mission is completed."

He shrugs in his armour and turns back to watch the corridor behind them for approaching enemies. "Whatever you decide, I shall help how I can. Let us decide quickly though, for there are Nightmares still waiting to be put to the sword."

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Jad

Humans. Or something close to it. But they are foes all the same and just as grotesque as the monsters they have faced thus far. "They shall fall as easily as the eyeless beasts!" he shouts to the others. "Fear them not, but grant them a quick death for they have surely been corrupted by this unnatural place!" The hooded figures move faster than he has time to react, so before he can hope to block them by the doors he will have to slash out at the first who come to greet them.

*Seeing as I go after these guys, Jad will simply slash at the first one to get close enough. If for some reason they do not move, Jad will move to block one of the doorways.*

* LawBot rolled 1d20+1 for A_Velociraptor and got 16
* LawBot rolled 2d8 for A_Velociraptor and got 12

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Jad

The first hooded figure to meet his blade falls easily enough. A well struck blow sends the man down to the floor unceremoniously. It seems his allies are faring just as well from a glance, with more of the cultists falling to their blades. Keeping the momentum going, he strikes out at the next nearest cultist.

Hitting whichever cultist nearest to me that is still standing.

* LawBot rolled 1d20+1 for A_Velociraptor and got 2
<A_Velociraptor> woof!
#Damage still done on a miss, thankfully!#
<A_Velociraptor> !roll 1d8 (Damage)
* LawBot rolled 1d8 for A_Velociraptor and got 4

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Jad

Another foe felled, yet their gruesome blob of an enemy is proving just as vile with his attacks as he is with his appearance.

Pulling his blade free from the dead cultist, the warrior eyes the battlefield for the best way to strike at their enemies.

Phone posting so unable to roll. Sorry!
I'll attempt to strike at the big one at close range if it's possible to avoid the vomit. If not, I'll try to hit the next nearest enemy or simply hang back until i can hit something!

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Jad

And yet another falls to his strikes, cut low by the force of his blade. But the fat man still remains standing and that must change now. Witnessing Musad charge their foes despite his injuries insures his vigor remains, so he frees his blade from the corpse at his feet and joins the man in his wild cry. "Strike true, brother! Make them feel your pain!"

Decisively stepping over his recently felled opponent, the warrior brings his blade to bear down on the horrifically corpulent man that continues to insult their party by still drawing breath.

#Moving to hit the Friar.#
* LawBot rolled 1d20+1 for A_Velociraptor and got 14
#Guessing this is good enough for a hit#
* LawBot rolled 2d8 for A_Velociraptor and got 9

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Jad

Slashing down one of the last foes, he turns his fearsome gaze on the one left standing but lowers his blade as the cultist drops his. Panting out the adrenaline, the warrior cleans his blade and averts his eyes from the unclothed whilst they regain themselves. "A deadly fight," he comments, looking over the large maggots crawling over the corpses. "Well fought," he adds simply with a stout nod.

As the Bey questions their new prisoner, the warrior helps with scavenging what weapons and items of clothing he can from the bodies. The larger of maggots crawling about are quickly dispatched with his sword with a grimace on his face. "Gruesome creatures..."

He keeps clear of the friar though, not willing to damage his much needed weapons and armour on what corrosive liquid still remains about the body. "Be sure to watch yourself with that one's acid," he mentions to Navid. "He may still be just as deadly in death."

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Jad

He halts and turns to the Bey with a quirked eyebrow. "Torture? I am giving them a swift end, which is as much as these creatures can hope for in a place such as this." Seeing Reyhana relent, he too does the same to avoid another of the Bey's unwanted outbursts. Orders are orders, after all... "Have it your way then." He sheaths his sword and continues about his work.

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Jad

With the looting done, the warrior stands near their prisoner as he's questioned just in case the maddened man attempts anything foolish. Suddenly remembering, he then reaches into his bag and pulls out a pair of manacles and shows them to Shodana. "I shall bind him with these after he has been treated. His life is in our hands now and we should bring him with us to the surface so that he may face justice by law once we leave this place." He looks to Shodana then. "Of course, the choice of his fate is yours to decide once he has been sufficiently questioned. But I shall take it upon myself to watch him closely during our time here."

At the question of whether to remain or leave, he shakes his head. "A rest is a good idea for those injured, but I am unwilling to return to town. This incursion must be dealt with. Now. Hurt though we may be, we still have the strength to fight and so we must. Let us take the time to nurse our wounds then continue on, for the sake of those above that are counting on us."

He too looks around at the mention of Macit's whereabouts, not seeing the man. "Hard to keep track of one who so easily slips into the shadows unseen. When did we last see him?"

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Jad

He shakes his head solemnly as Shodana cuts the neck of their prisoner. Although he understands the circumstances and reasoning, he cannot help but view this with deepest regret and something close to failure on their part. Monster or not, this man's life had been in their hands...

But he shall not linger on it. Far be it to mourn the passing of another dead cultist when there is nothing to be done about it and one of their own has gone missing. Perhaps Macit returned to the surface, or most likely he fell prey to the predatory monsters when he strayed too far behind the group... Either way, the warrior decides to keep both eye and ear out for the man.

With a small sigh and grunt, he leans down and removes the manacles from the fresh cultist corpse, pocketing them once more.

"East of the Foul Chapel," he repeats with a swift nod. "Very well, I shall lead." Raising his shield, he takes point with his sword redrawn and by his side.

No disposition lost during last fight. Still at 6 disposition, but at 11 Health.

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Jad

The warrior pays little attention to the items gathered as they move. He is no spell slinger and the contents of the book will not help them here from what he can gather.

Instead he leads the way, his shield kept ready and his eyes always searching for movement amongst the shadows their torches light does not reach.

At the pit, he merely eyes it warily as he gazes down into the abyss before turning and nodding to the others.

"Agreed. Let us clear the rooms behind us first."

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Jad

The warrior stands at the front of their party, staring off into the darkness ahead whilst the others make up their minds of which route to take. Those who feast on the pillaged foodstuffs from the storeroom, he eyes warily for a time before noting that what food they have consumed doesn't appear to be having any adverse effects on them for now. Still it does not entice him to feast upon their findings himself, wary is he of anything consumable found deep within these caverns, especially after the gruesome display of their gluttonous foe only moments ago. Such a sight has killed whatever appetite he may have had for now.

As the others talk, he looks at the pile of skulls, shaking his head at the thought of just how many hundreds (or better yet, thousands) of people were butchered for this horrid collection.

"I say it's best that we follow this path until we find it's end," he says when there is a moment's silence amongst the others. "I would rather continue on as we are before we think of resting again. Our time is pressed, as you say. And I believe we can still stand through another fight as we are, should it come to it."

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Jad

He stands close to Reyhana, his jaw tightening as the Sister makes her discovery. "A deadly trap, indeed..." It appears the evil of this place knows no bounds at all. Listening then to Shodana's and the Sister's advice, he nods slowly. "Setting it off seems to be our only way of proceeding here then. Both an arrow and summoning this magical servant will work. I do not know of your skills with a bow, but making a shot at that wire after climbing back up may prove very difficult indeed. Perhaps this servant is our best option here..." He looks up to the carvings of the feast upon the doors, scratching his chin as he thinks.

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Jad

The warrior remains as convinced of Shodana's plan as the others seem to be. "A very risky move..." But considering Zarina's comment about the prayer rags upon the floor, it does seem that one pressed firmly to the floor can stand a chance of evading the deadly bladed trap. With a sigh, he shrugs his shoulders and looks to the Bey with a nod. Orders are orders after all and if she wishes to do this for their sake than who is he to stop her? "Very well, if you are sure then I shall do as you command. But if it looks too risky then do not proceed and we shall figure out a different plan. Best of luck."

He then turns to move back up the ropes once the others do the same.

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Jad

Upon sight of the room's contents, the warrior silently whispers a prayer and readies himself for the fight ahead. The anchor and their ultimate goal is within reach. This is what they have come for and this is where their fate and that of those they seek to protect will be decided. All he can do is tackle each foe one by one until all lie fallen to his blade and rejoice in this true test of his strength and endurance.

"Keep my distance from the locust, understood," he says to the others. The locust-man and the risen fallen are twisted sights indeed and neither look like they will fall to his sword with much ease.

Reza and Kasra seem to be taking steps in earnest to free the bound man with a cultist's blade to his neck, and so the warrior sets his sights on the cluster of cultists ahead of him. Sword in hand, he holds it out to point at the nearest cultist and smiles a grim smile. "You! You will be the first!" Such foul excuses for men deserve nothing but a swift death in his eyes.

With sure and decisive steps, the warrior strides out to meet the first to fall to his sword.

Charging the nearest cultist in front of the party. Rolls below are for if Jad can get close enough to hit.

<A_Velociraptor> !roll 1d20+1 (Roll to hit.)
* LawBot rolled 1d20+1 for A_Velociraptor and got 18
* LawBot rolled 2d8 for A_Velociraptor and got 7

AR: 16. DP: 6
Cha 7, Dex 11, Fer 8, Health 12, Int 8, Will 12.

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Jad

He stands bolstered by the Bey's shield guarding his flank as he fells one cultist with swiftly precise strikes. But for all the defense, the warrior does not succeed in shielding himself from the blow of one of the risen dead. He coughs and chokes slightly as he feels the blow leaving a painful ache beneath his chest armour, one that is sure to leave a horrible welt.

"Destroy their leader" he shouts, raising his sword once more. "I shall keep his servants occupied!"

Although it pains him to cut apart the bodies of dead men, he must do what he can to prevent their bodies from being used to inflict more pain upon him and his companions. With a strike he would prefer to be a little more keen, he slashes at the arm of the one in front of him.

Attacking the slain adventurers for all it's worth. Will attempt to cut off an arm from the one in front of me.

<A_Velociraptor> !roll 1d20+1 (To hit)
* LawBot rolled 1d20+1 for A_Velociraptor and got 8
* LawBot rolled 1d8 for A_Velociraptor and got 8

AR: 16. DP: 2

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Jad

He continues through with his swing, despite feeling his blade wanting to stick unnaturally to the dead man's flesh. "Watch these ones, there flesh seeks to keep our weapons stuck to them!"

Dead though the ones may be he fights, he knows he will not be able to withdraw from his current engagement easily to engage what other foes there are. Better to remain engaged here and keep these brutes from his allies.

With only a moment to make up his mind and charged with adrenaline, the warrior takes his chances and swings again! He hopes his brute strength will keep his blade from sticking this time around as well.

Once more with feeling!

* LawBot rolled 1d20+1 for A_Velociraptor and got 8
* LawBot rolled 1d8 for A_Velociraptor and got 8
Exactly the same as last time!

AR: 16. DP: 1

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Jad

The foe falls but rises just as quickly again after the warrior has barely wrenched his blade free.

He is a simple man of simple thinking and when a foe he makes fall fails to stay down then he simply keeps hitting them until they do! With another strike, he swings into the dead man. "Stay down, foul abomination!"

Never stop hitting!!

Rolled 11 to hit, which i am told connects with this new form. Two rolls for damage got me 6 and 1 adding to a whopping 7! (Feel the pain).

AR: 16. DP: 0

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Jad

Bolstered by Kasra's words, the warrior puts more effort than he thought he had into a swing that decisively severs the arm of the walking dead before him. "I only fear their bodies being used to do further harm by this twisted nightmare!" With a roar, he brings his sword sweeping back around to part the dead man's head from his body. But it does not work and he stands in horror for a second as the foe still stands upright and ready to fight.

"Fall! Be at peace, brave one!" With the dead man's blood spurting onto him, the warrior takes one more swing, hoping to cut away another limb or maybe even put the man down for good.

Going to turn it into paste!

* LawBot rolled 1d20+1 for A_Velociraptor and got 9
* LawBot rolled 1d8 for A_Velociraptor and got 5
If the 9 does actually hit, then I'll roll another d8 for increased damage.

Cha 7, Dex 11, Fer 8, Health 10, Int 8, Will 12.

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Jad

The resurrected man goes down for good with a final and decisive blow from his blade that severs the man in two. But he doesn't go down easy, with Jad being left with deep wounds that cause him to suck air through his teeth in pain. Fresh blood soaks him under his armour and he can feel himself growing dizzy with exhaustion. His body screams for him to stop but he must persevere for their deadliest foe still remains. There will be no rest until the nightmare is put down for good and he will continue to swing his sword for as long as his body is able to manage.

Lifting his weapon, he screams through the pain that courses through his body as he lunges forward to where his allies crowd around the locust nightmare. Coming to a sudden halt by Reza, he directs the rest of his momentum into a slash that bears down on their foe with an always true aim.

Surging forth and attacking the locust man.

* LawBot rolled 1d20+1 for A_Velociraptor and got 15
<A_Velociraptor> !roll 1d8
* LawBot rolled 1d8 for A_Velociraptor and got 4

Cha 7, Dex 11, Fer 8, Health 6, Int 8, Will 12.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

Jad

He pays little attention to the severe hunger that suddenly grips his stomach, after all it is but one more pain to bear on his already battered body. After years of fighting it is no longer a hard task for him to use the pain to push him onward rather than let it bring him to his knees.

He catches sight of the Sister maneuvering behind the locust man and attacking. "Face me, foul one!" He spits blood on the beast, hoping to draw his attention to leave sufficient gaps in it's defense for the others to deliver well aimed blows.

His first sword strike seems to leave a crack on the monster's hard body, so he brings his sword back around again to at least do the same. "Hammer him down!" he roars as he brings the blade down.

Just keep swingin'

* LawBot rolled 1d20+1 for A_Velociraptor and got 20
* LawBot rolled 2d8 for A_Velociraptor and got 5

AR: 16. DP: 2
Cha 7, Dex 11, Fer 8, Health 5, Int 8, Will 12.

• Locked thread