Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions
Reza Shadhevar Shahwaleed

"You will find, I think," says Reza from the entryway, interrupting, "that tradition merely informs the Law, and is not the whole of it." He held his helmet under one arm - a delicately fashioned thing, with little geometric patterns playing out over its surface. Without the distinguished headgear, it is clear that his dark, curly hair is slick from hours of travel. Nothing in his voice, though, shows fatigue; and his eyes are bright.

With deliberate steps he walks through the hall, looking at the assembled. An odd group, to be sure, and not made less odd by his own presence. He recognizes several already, as he is sure they in turn know him, or at least his family's name. "And this is not the most traditional collection so far, I would say," remarks Reza as he finds a spot on a bench to sit. There are great works to be done in the name of the Prophets and the Law to be sure, with this entourage, it is plain to him, for when else would such stories intersect?

"But then, for all walks to come together in the service of our great society: fitting, is it not so?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

"Your welcome is-" he stops mid-sentence as he replies to the Bey, considers a moment, then simply says: "...well, most welcome, Bey, and thank you. Yet I would rather that our people and our lands were in such shape that the Law could be maintained without such bands as ours."

With drawn lips and slow words, Reza says: "I think I have seen a few of you before. And a few I have not. This does not matter." He looks around the room another time. "I am suspecting that not all of us here revere the Law properly, just by odds. This does not matter either, for now. What does matter is this: no matter the reasons we all believe we are here to fulfill, we all serve it nonetheless. The Divine does not always work in the ways we expect, and we have been brought here, no matter our thoughts, to preserve the Law that saves us. This is the foundation."

To Reyhana, he says simply: "Not the only thing, but it is one thing. The Law is indeed strongest when the people are as one." He plunks his helmet down on the table, the weight sending a slight tremor through, and he looks to Kasra. And nods. "Whatever else you may believe, you see this moment rightly, I think. No, we would not be here for anything less, is it not so?"

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

"It is not the smell of such things that I find to be distasteful the most; it is simply the mere affront to all built by the hands and minds of those with Reason," is Reza's methodical reply to Navid, shaking his head at first. "The rest is simply added atop the initial injustice. And so we shall all find our own pretext for the burden we must all take upon ourselves." As he had, so they all would too, in whatever way made sense to them. Whatever this lot had been before, now they would be an instrument of the Divine, whether they thought of it that way or not. In the end there was only one thing that could save the lot of them, and he knew quite well what it was.

The arrival of one other - the last, if they were to be believed - gets a measured, thoughtful look. "Late or otherwise, we still await our audience and those who have charged us with this journey, I am thinking. Business has not yet been addressed, and with the will of the Divine your precise time of arrival was both ordained and fortuitous." And as the Bey announces, he nods. "And so perhaps it is."

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

"A butcher's seems an inauspicious place for this," Reza comments, studying the exterior of their location . "Just a touch too direct for a place where beasts will be slaughtered." To the proposed marching orders he simply nods and places his helmet back on, and readies his steel. He feels a little bit of...something, as he does, from the incantation.

"Prayers, and recitations, and rhymes. These are all to the good, and much appreciated. But it is faith in the Law that is our most surest shield. Let us remember that. Our disputes can wait, else we can discuss them in a civilized manner, for we are supposed to be a civilized people." He smiles, and doesn't seem to be addressing any of them in particular. "Is that not so?"

Not sure if I'm rerolling disposition from Inspiration or not because of the miscast.

Fraction Jackson fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Nov 26, 2016

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Frowning, Reza mutters some sort of prayer before saying, "Such fell sights as these should not belong anywhere. Yet here we are, where the Law meets that which holds itself without." He is most interested, though, in what lies further on and underneath - here at least it seems there are only traps, but it certainly does not take a seasoned veteran to be sure that the bigger danger is not too far off. Still, being thorough is also vital, and it also did not take a seasoned veteran to be quite happy to never find out to what that tripwire was hitched. Thus, as Macit announces his success, Reza nods happily. "That was fine work."

He takes hold of the end of the rope from the Bey, and braces himself, feet set for good balance. "Whenever you are ready."

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

He looks over at Kasra, tilts his head and smiles even as he grips the rope. "So long as we maintain our wits and our love of the Divine, we will not be disarmed. So long as we know the ruse is not normal, then we may see it for the attempt at disruption and corruption that it is. Their games will not deter us when they are expected, if our Reason prevails."

To the Bey, he says: "Let us hope we need not exercise those orders."

Rerolling disposition from Inspiration, with at least some success:
[17:25] <FractionJackson> !roll 1d8
[17:25] * LawBot rolled 1d8 for FractionJackson and got 4

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

At the call, Reza hauls with all his might. After all, he needs the rope out of his hands if he is going to put a sword in either. And he gets a sense - fleeting, yet he's sure of it - that he may yet have more of a surprise against the things below than just with the sword. To the other topside, he shouts: "Make yourselves ready. Trouble has been found. We prepare with blessings and steel."

[19:52] <FractionJackson> !roll 1d20 ferocity 15 aaaaaaaaaa
[19:52] * LawBot rolled 1d20 for FractionJackson and got 5

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

The rope is out of his hands with the Bey once again topside, and the sword is quickly in them instead. Rather than bring it down on the enemy, he simply holds it in front of him. His voice booming, he intones: "Creatures of the Nightmares. Enemies of the Divine. You are not welcome here." Well, it sounds good, at least...

Abjuration attempt:
[14:27] <FractionJackson> !roll 2d6+1
[14:27] * LawBot rolled 2d6+1 for FractionJackson and got 3
[14:27] <FractionJackson> nuts

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

He had started to move when called upon to block the doorway, but the first thing was already charging, and so he meets it head-on instead to at least fill the gap in the line before more come. Reza and the beastling trade sweeps and probing slashes to little effect. "Too late," he finally replies. "Already through."

Reza determines to do his best to keep them from getting any further, though, a religious fervor in his eyes and steel in his hand ready to mete out the Law. This time rather than short sweeps, having felt out the enemy's guard, he swings in a wicked, backhand arc. This goes much better.

[10:22] <FractionJackson> !roll 1d20+2
[10:22] * LawBot rolled 1d20+2 for FractionJackson and got 16
[10:24] <FractionJackson> !roll 1d10+1
[10:24] * LawBot rolled 1d10+1 for FractionJackson and got 6

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

"The bottleneck is now merely a bottle," Reza grunts in between steps and parries. "But the Divine is still on our side." He swings again, but checks it into a more defensive posture after only half a cut, partly trying to keep them at bay and partly trying to help simply block the charge from moving further into the room. "The battle will be joined soon, is it not so?"

[22:10] <FractionJackson> !roll 1d20+2
[22:10] * LawBot rolled 1d20+2 for FractionJackson and got 18
[22:10] <FractionJackson> !roll 1d10+1
[22:10] * LawBot rolled 1d10+1 for FractionJackson and got 2

Fraction Jackson fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Nov 30, 2016

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

That very nearly could have been his whole leg, Reza realizes. His reaction, though, is less shock and more wrath. With a defiant yawp, he swings back at the one furthest south, the one that had hit him - both for its temerity in doing so, and so as to attempt to turn the flank positively. While he doesn't hit his mark, he is able to open up space.

[16:23] <FractionJackson> !roll 1d20+2
[16:23] * LawBot rolled 1d20+2 for FractionJackson and got 11

Will take a 5' step S to help clear some room for Musad or Jad once they show up.

C:11 D:15 F:15 H:13 I:11 W:14
AR:13 DP:2 SPD: 8
Had 2 extra Disposition thanks to Kasra. Resolved to now keep combat block handy for that reason.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

"This one has some fight in it too," Reza growls. The temerity of such beasts, thinking they could simply just refuse to die? Reza is not having it. The beasts' assault was crumbling, though not without cost; he just has to do his part to bring the battle home before anyone else is hurt - or at least keep the thing occupied long enough for the rest to come up and end it. It is not the heaviest blow he has ever struck, his posture now more defensive as he better appreciates the thing's quickness; but the quick cut is still well-guided.

[i][14:13] <FractionJackson> !roll 1d20+2
[14:13] * LawBot rolled 1d20+2 for FractionJackson and got 18
[14:13] <FractionJackson> !roll 1d10+1
[14:13] * LawBot rolled 1d10+1 for FractionJackson and got 4

AR:13 DP:0 SPD: 8

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Breathing heavily, still clutching his sword, he is quite surprised at the Bey's giddy outburst - but he makes no mention of it. As the conversation then drifts, Reza straightens in posture and shakes his head. "These were creatures of the nightmares, fellows. Abominations before the Law, and subject to it only in the means of their destruction." That seems to be all he intends to say on that matter.

He peers back towards the pits. "We should see what there is to see down there. With prudence but without over-slowness. There may be more than just boxes and beasts...and to leave the job unfinished would be to maintain the threat to the community in which this is only a butcher's shop, and not the charnel house that it is for so long as we tarry."

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

He is silent for a time, studying the scenery in the hallway with pointed disgust. The pool room is perhaps more hospitable, but for Reza that is a matter of degree and not kind. The place itself is an abomination, and Reza is not apt to treat it otherwise. When he realizes what Navid has done, Reza looks a touch surprised - not at the action, but its result. Relieved that it did not go wrong, as well. "That may well be true," he says finally, "But I am suspecting that we should not all be so fortunate, if we all were to drink. As you say: they are fickle." And of course he himself has vows. Obligations. Beasts they were not, but still far from his conception of the Law.

With that, he stands at watch while the others search - interested in the findings as he is, he recognizes that there will be no truly safe moment until they are above ground and the proverbial pillar of the place has been dealt with.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

He hesitates for a split-second as they pass through - at least, once his eyes and mind register the rather surprisingly regular-looking formation of their next foes. Not to mention wicked arms of a much more threatening caliber than the claws of the beasts before. "...very organized," hisses Reza, as much displeased at their preparedness as he is at the fact they had all simply walked into it unawares. Poor luck, but strength and cunning would have to both save them. And cunning first.

He starts to drop back to the other side of the doorway. "Suicide is not required of us," he agrees, echoing Kasra's words as he relays the message to Jad and Musad. "They are set and ready for us - we must fool them before we can break them! Back behind the door!"

Backpedaling and seeking cover at the edge of the doorframe outside.

Fraction Jackson fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Dec 6, 2016

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

He works a moment on bracing the door, then turns once Musad stirs. "Best keep hands away from there, friend. Good you are awake already, though. A good sign." Moving to sit a moment, Reza looks down the hall, in thought for a moment. "They were waiting for us. Or for anyone. And we had no way of knowing before we were in the trap. We must find a way to guard against that; another such ambush would be...not good." A pause. "Another such would be especially not good in our current state."

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

At first he says nothing in response to them, instead standing and walking over to Musad. "I've knives for throwing, if you wish. Give you some space to work with. This too," he adds, pointing at his helmet. "It has been in my family many years, yet you may yet have more need of it this day. Though if we survive, I would wish to have it back, if only for sentimental value."

Then he turns around. With an expression halfway between a smirk and a sneer, Reza looks to the Bey and Navid. "Hm. A generous offer," he says at first, tilting his head. But then, he continues. "I would so hate to disrespect one who has shown such regard for the lives for which they have made themselves responsible. Yet it is said, Bey, that though there is but one Law, duty under it is a river that runs in both directions." His eyes blaze, though his tone still carries at least the veneer of courtesy. "I am wondering - when the rest of us to charge had fallen in front of steel and arrows, exactly as our foes were prepared for us to do - what would you have done then?" He laughs. "Perhaps this should not be answered. Perhaps we should simply see if the next path is one somewhat less self-evidently futile."

For disposition:
[18:07] <FractionJackson> !roll 2 1d8
[18:07] * LawBot rolled 1d8 for FractionJackson and got ( 2 3 ) for a total of: 5

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

At this, Reza laughs louder, echoing, amazed as he is by the incredulity of the Bey. "Ah, words to hide a callous heart. You would have sent us to our deaths without a thought, for naught. Is this how they teach to command in Citadel? Is this your idea of what the Law requires - martyrdom without purpose?" He shakes his head. "I fought, in truth, side by side with you an hour ago, and helped stop us from being overrun, at the point of the sword when the beasts came for us. I held your rope before that." He points, stabbing at the air with his fingers. "Now, faced with your own mistake, an order you never should have given, you blame me. I suppose that is your right, but it only marks you more the fool."

He doffs his helmet, eyes still bright with conviction. "If you want to lead - lead well. If you want to be respected - show respect. If you want people to die for you - make it be for something. This is the only way." He sighs, heart heavy. "I countermanded your order because we would have failed and everyone in this room knows it, except, apparently, you. My only regret is that I did not do so soon enough for Musad's sake. You call me incompetent, as if you have an idea, but those instructions of yours...there is no other word for them. Who is more the fool - the fool, or the fool who follows the fool?" At that the vitriol goes out of his voice. "I tell you this so you can learn from it, so that we do not all die following you and give this place a few more ghosts. I do not want your responsibility. I just want you to take that responsibility for what it is. We have all put our lives in your hands, and I am now wondering what you will do with them in the future."

Fraction Jackson fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Dec 9, 2016

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

He listens closely to Navid, and nods at the end of the mediation. "I should have made sure we were all ready to move before I did," Rexa admits. "A mistake I am sure will not happen again."

---

Beyond that acknowledgment he too is silent for much of their next move - until, of course, they come across unexpected company. Reza keeps his sword in hand, but point-down and at-ease. And, pointedly, his attention is also not so much on the lizardfolk as it is on the coffins around them. The last thing they need right now is another ambush...

AR:13 DP:0 SPD: 3

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Having been watching and listening with at best a detached sort of interest - perhaps more keen on ensuring they were not surprised yet again while they were conversing with the creature - Reza's attention snaps back. "That sounds quite different from anything else we have seen so far," he observes, stating the obvious. But it is the question that follows that concerns the champion the most - something the lizard had said that stuck in Reza's mind in the first place. "You say the place changed, friend - I ask, in what way?"

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Not quite beasts, this time - but men with beastly, wicked souls. Abominations before the Law all the same, and destined for an end commensurate with their sins. We will all have to see to that personally, thinks Reza, silent, jaw set, eyes ablaze even in the dim light, and blade gripped in both hands ready for its intended use as an instrument of war. This time they might just have the advantage, and he would see it pressed while they could.

"At the doors," he says sternly, less a command than a statement of intent as he advances to begin the grim work ahead. Not even strange, unnatural assaults on the senses slow his steps. At the threshold he takes aim at the nearest cultist, a quick step-feint leading to a point-first jab that doesn't quite do the job.

[15:24] <FractionJackson> !roll 1d20+2
[15:24] * LawBot rolled 1d20+2 for FractionJackson and got 7

AR:13 DP:3 SPD: 8

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

They're on him now. Not exactly unexpected. Holding the doorway had been a more futile exercise than Reza had expected - there hadn't been time enough to get enough bodies in the way before the cultists' charge began. And yet their position is now a strong one, and even if he can quite clearly feel the bite where the cultists' blade had been, his strength and will are buoyed by the bard.

"They are beyond anyone's help now," Reza says through gritted teeth, shifting his feet and his guard to better cover his wound. "It is written that those that forsake, shall themselves be forsaken. Thus they can be repaid only in this coin." He punctuates the last word with a quick, measured cut at one of the cultists before him. Not as strong a blow as he'd have liked; perhaps he'd checked his swing too early given his wound. But certainly enough, he could hope, to keep both cultists focused on him; and not, for example, on anyone creeping up on them from the opposite side to cut their backs open.

[12:29] <FractionJackson> !roll 1d20+2
[12:30] * LawBot rolled 1d20+2 for FractionJackson and got 21
[12:30] <FractionJackson> !roll 1d10+1
[12:30] * LawBot rolled 1d10+1 for FractionJackson and got 4

C:11 D:15 F:15 H:10/13 I:11 W:14

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

The stinging pain of the caustic burst leaves Reza gritting his teeth in pain, tensing so as not to cry out. No matter. The as-yet useless knives were now effectively half-stuck to his armor - and, he was sure, some had leaked underneath. No matter. The enemy's spell had betrayed it - the Divine had renewed the strength of his limbs even as the Nightmare sought to sear the flesh from them.

With something close to a snarl, he strides forth, moving just outside the lingering spray of acid, or at least trying to - face to face with its creator. He swings. Mostly at air.

[18:04] <FractionJackson> !roll 1d8 disp
[18:04] * LawBot rolled 1d8 for FractionJackson and got 5
[18:11] <FractionJackson> !roll 1d20+2
[18:11] * LawBot rolled 1d20+2 for FractionJackson and got 5

C:11 D:15 F:15 H:7/13 I:11 W:14
AR:13 DP:8 SPD: 8

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

He doesn't expect an offer of quarter to be accepted - likely not by the cultists. Almost certainly not by the big one. And of course, staying close enough to fell them presented its own set of problems. The acid seems to splash with a mind of its own, the rope gone, now. It doesn't seem, to Reza, to act in accordance with any usual law of nature, but this was the Nightmare, and Reason had been left above with the sun. "Mind the floor," he cautions to the others now surrounding the Friar. "Strike quick, and watch your feet!"

[13:27] <FractionJackson> !roll 1d20+2
[13:27] * LawBot rolled 1d20+2 for FractionJackson and got 10
Assuming a miss. If the Friar is already down, assume that Reza moves S to harass the archers.

AR:13 DP:2 SPD: 8

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

With the others securing the last cultist, he lingers a while near the walls, taking stock of the damage to his clothes, and replacing them with the bloodied but still mostly whole linens. It is not at all ideal, but at least afforded a semblance of modesty, which is the more immediate concern. He has time to inspect his wounds as well; the flesh is seared in several places, and stings under the new clothes. No helping that, either.

He turns around, weary, and a touch unsteady on his feet, like the sway of a branch in a light breeze. There is still conviction left in his voice, though. "Perhaps he decided he no longer wished to follow us through this accursed place. A shame if so; his soul will be stained. But perhaps it was something else and not his doing. The Nightmare has many tricks it can play and we may yet see something of him. Or perhaps he will even walk down the hallway as we speak and all will be well." He lets out a tired, hollow laugh at that prospect.

"Either way," Reza agrees, "whether he has abandoned the hunt means nothing to our choice. If we leave now we will have won little and lost more. We just have to hope the anchor is not too much deeper in, I think."

Fraction Jackson fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Jan 12, 2017

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

"Circumstances and time are against us," says Reza in response to the Bey's regrets. "A mercy to the unmerciful is still virtuous. His other death would have been worse." Even despite his wounds he seems re-energized after the rest, not quite whole but steadier now than before.

"Would we had bows enough to go around," he laments. "As it stands, I'd rather others can do more hurt, and stay less so, than I. I will take my chances, and the Divine will have to protect me. As I trust it will."

[17:48] <FractionJackson> !roll 2 1d8
[17:48] * LawBot rolled 1d8 for FractionJackson and got ( 1 7 ) for a total of: 8
[17:52] <FractionJackson> that'll do

Fraction Jackson fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jan 17, 2017

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

He stares at the book for a long time, studying it, before nodding to the Sister. "I see no reason why you shouldn't take it, though like as not neither you nor I will find another of its like again." Reza shakes his head, bemused. "How did it come to be here of all places I wonder? Still, it feels as though it is a sign, and not an ill one."

Turning around, he nods to the Bey. "Without Macit, it would do us good to be extra careful about keeping our backs covered. Being caught unawares here would, I agree, not be wise."

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

"Seems almost a mockery that some of this should be here," says Reza, eying the styling of the hall before the catacombs. It seems to him that were it not for the pain from several burns and the memory of the preceding hours, one could almost be fooled into thinking this place was not surrounded by the unsafe and twisted. There was an almost-coziness to it, but the knowledge of who had been using it and what they had been doing down here was more than enough to turn that feeling into its inverse.

As they approach the cavern to the West, he pauses, unsure. "If I may - this place seems...not of a kind with the rest. We may be ranging deeper into the Nightmare than we intended. That is possible, is it not?"

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

The Bey calls the play, and Reza - eying the door skeptically, visualizing how crippled they would be any other way if the trap was set off, broken and dying in a Nightmare - finally nods slowly. "If there is a way to evade these blades, I think this is it. I do not like the risk, but we must move forward somehow." To Zarina he adds, "You may well have puzzled it out. Let us hope, anyway." Then, at last, to the Bey - whom despite his differences he did not wish to see struck down, he simply says: "Have courage...and faith."

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Somehow, despite the odds, this time Reza feels some twinge of confidence, eyes bright under the rim of the helm worn by his father and his father's father and on from there, reflecting the strange light of the room with an unsettling gleam. As the Bey shouts and Kasra points out perhaps a kindred Law-abiding soul, Reza gives his two-hander a quick one-handed twirl before adopting a proper grip. "Whether it is assumed rightly or not, one at least we can save, and will," says Reza, before rushing through the doors to join the battle.

Heading roughly SE to help out Ezra. If Reza can get close enough to take a shot at the nearest cultist he will do so.

AR:13 DP:7 SPD: 8

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

With the captive's bonds cut, Reza strides in front, immediately interposing himself between Ezra and the nearest cultist. "Up, friend," he says in a reassuring tone. "The Divine has made this your lucky day after all." Even with the cultist pinned down with arrows, Reza is determined to ensure that they go down now, and give the newcomer a little more room to breathe.

Moving and hitting the closest cultist, to the SE of where Reza is.
[16:42] <FractionJackson> !roll 1d20+2
[16:42] * LawBot rolled 1d20+2 for FractionJackson and got 14
[16:42] <FractionJackson> !roll 1d10+1
[16:42] * LawBot rolled 1d10+1 for FractionJackson and got 5

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Hearing Jad's revelation regarding the raised recently dead, Reza calls back over the din. "Perhaps arrows would be better spent on them than our blades," he says, immediately regretting not having taken one of the bows they had found before, else he could do the job himself. Further into the chamber he goes, over and around stones and sanctum sculptures, seeking to cut in behind the Nightmare warriors. This way he can threaten to go after any and all, even the Locust should it reveal itself - and perhaps divert the Wound Men's 'attention' to good effect for the ones already engaged with them.

Moving NE (roughly where the dead cultist is between those two stones/pillars/whatever). Will cut back W to get the baddies in the back next turn unless some better opportunity presents itself. Hopefully if I do that it'll help some people get advantage on them next turn?

Fraction Jackson fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Mar 7, 2017

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Having established his fork, Reza re-assesses the situation and - coupled with the Sister's shout - modifies his original thought. It might be too much to hope that bringing down the head would take the limbs, as represented by the Wound Men, with it. Still it was plain that the side of battle he finds himself might be a better use of his blade than to run the reanimated ones down from behind.

"Keep at him," Reza calls back as he sprints in, sword held high in two hands, catching the strange light from above in reflection off the blade. Unfortunately, the cloud does not do much for his ability to get a clean swing off...

[11:59] <FractionJackson> !roll 1d20+2
[11:59] * LawBot rolled 1d20+2 for FractionJackson and got 4

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Hunger clawing at his insides, Reza tries to pin down the Locust, gritting his teeth and trying to advance - and manages, barely, to keep his wits about him through the smoke enough to find the blasphemer he seeks to destroy. That is apparently, however, the extent of his focus, so concentrated on Seeing that he forgets to set his feet properly for the strike.

[12:00] <FractionJackson> !roll 1d20
[12:00] * LawBot rolled 1d20 for FractionJackson and got 7

[12:04] <FractionJackson> !roll 1d20+2
[12:04] * LawBot rolled 1d20+2 for FractionJackson and got 11
[12:04] <FractionJackson> !roll 1d20+2
[12:04] * LawBot rolled 1d20+2 for FractionJackson and got 5

AR:13 DP:6 SPD: 8

Fraction Jackson fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Mar 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Parries and blocks ring out as Reza is put on the defensive by the Locust - but by now, the battle is more than joined. Even with the desperate claws of voracious hunger scratching at his insides, Reza knows that all he needs to do - or at least assumes, at any rate - is to keep the thing pressed long enough for the weight of numbers to become too much for their quarry to bear. His swing thus turns out to be a cautious one, close enough to keep the thing's attention, perhaps, but not enough to land true.

[13:36] <FractionJackson> !roll 1d20+2
[13:36] * LawBot rolled 1d20+2 for FractionJackson and got 13
Think that's a miss.

• Locked thread