Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
Kasra Coriander

Monsters in the forest, monsters in the slaughterhouse, monsters under the emir's bed, monsters in the well but only at midnight. Narkavrum was beset with monsters, in the streets and the mouths of its people. Kasra was on his way, already, when news came to him on the road. He was hoping to have gainful work under the sun and moon for half a season before returning to the depths, and figured the smog-choked journeymen and bored nobility of this steely city would be welcoming of a brassy tale or bronzed body. Perhaps unluckily, the usual catastrophe had reared in Narkavrum, and it wasn't long until he had been neatly rounded up and summoned to what looked more like a smuggler's den than a meeting hall of heroes.

Coriander is on the other side of the table as Navid inspects the flagons. The bard fingers the rim of each one, glancing in to confirm that yes, they were all depleted. "A shame," he exasperates in wilting tone, "I have a woman, here in the city who manages my finances and contacts in the region. I should have asked her to meet with this Magistrate and marshal some proper libations. Of course, I haven't paid her in some months, so perhaps the results would have been the same, and I ended up saving myself quite a bit of useless conversation." Kasra rolls his shoulders and slithers into a chair, wiping it of dust with the hem of his travelling robes before getting comfortable. "I am called Kasra and Coriander, one for my mother and one for the spice. Both came by ship from the west, and both have an acquired taste."

pre:
Kasra Coriander

Attributes
Charisma 17	(+2)
Dexterity 11	(+0)
Ferocity 10	(+0)
Health 9	(+0)
Intelligence 12	(+0)
Willpower 9	(+0)

Profession: Bard
Alignment: Chaotic

Social Class: -1
Motivation:
I must fight the nightmare incursions in order to get revenge on someone or something that assaulted me.

"There was a fellow Hero, on one of my most earliest of forays.  They were... unkind to me, and 
more than that I cannot say, I will not say.  I continue to be officially and dutifully Heroic
not only because it is honorable - which it is - and not only because it is profitable - which
it not always is - but, because I know they must still be out there.  Will I find myself banded
with them, once more, or will they be one of the twisted nightmare remnants skulking in the shadows?"

Accoutrements:
A bank note worth 14 cyphers
A dagger
A shoulder bag
A set of writing tools
A walking stick
A wineskin
A wheel of cheese
An innocous spellbook
A travel memoir
A random hireling (?)

Mastered Spells:
Fearlessness
Move Spell
Featherlight

tin can made man fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Nov 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
Kasra Coriander

A high, excited gasp escapes Kasra's lips when a vessel of wine is procured and placed in front of him. The bard eagerly draws it, admiring its shape and smiling at his benefactor. Two kisses are smacked wetly and primly into the empty air in front of Zarina, and Kasra flicks them towards her with his middle finger. "Is there any libation more blessed than wine? Grown from Divine's earthly bounty," he lifts the bottle from his sleeve, leaning it upright on the table, "Honed and fermented through mortal science," from his other sleeve, a dagger emerges to dig out the cork, "Prized by proletariat and shah alike, for the bodily joy it brings to both of them." The purple stream bubbles from bottle to flagon as Kasra pours.

He pushes the clay pitcher towards the others, leaning in his chair to dry the bottle's dregs with his lips. "Now all we need are olives, pita, perhaps some sharp cheese. Oh, but I suppose there is the matter of abomination and peril to attend to, before, no?" Kasra dramatically sighs, then turns to Amir's question, "Five is the traditional number, in my experience. But our hostess," he nods towards Shodana, "seems restless, still. There are others to come, I expect. This incursion must be large, either in reality or in the mind of the magistrate."

When she confirms it, he nods. "You all do me too kind of obeisance. I am no 'Great' Hero, simply one of some seasoning. I am not the only one here well-travelled into the Nightmare, I wager," his eye lingers on the quiet Sister, whose quiet and Sisterly qualities had aroused his interest and suspicion since they had first met, "Just simply the one who talks the most and loudest."

tin can made man fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Nov 25, 2016

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
Kasra

"Funny, I've heard the same sentiment, with 'cooperation' and 'drink' reversed." Coriander smirks, then looks towards Zarina, "The road is busy with talk of a warren of abberations 'neath some meatmarket. At first, I had assumed it was merely some slander against its poor proprietor, and that he had sold a shank of festered lamb to the wrong mercantile. But, of course, were that the case, we would all be scattered about the city rather than sitting here discussing it." The bard furrows his lips in concern, "The tales of nightmare beasts grow more lurid and deadly the closer one comes on the trail to the city, when it is usually the opposite. I'm afraid this incursion is quite real, and quite formidable."

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
Kasra

Coriander follows their little press, walking surely but fluidly along the cobblestone streets. He smiles as Shodana makes her requests, "Prudent planning, oh Bey," a bit of a bow, "Armor me as you wish, but don't expecting this poor adventurer to be thrust into the forefront of battle. Morale is my demesnes, though I have been known to resort to ferocity when need be." He brandishes a thin dagger, flourishing it between his fingers before it returns to his belt. Walking backwards, he addresses Kamran and his bobbing, grey beard, "There is to be had, most awkwardly and necessarily, the uncouth talk of cyphers. Should we escape unscathed and victorious, which is of course the result all parties do truly hope for, what has your Magistrate in her purse to offer us? And please don't say roast goat and a princess's kiss." Kasra sighs dramatically, "I once sold my services for such, and was given the stringiest and driest portion of both."

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
Kasra

As the discussion of proper payment is deflected, Kasra gives an indifferent shrug with shoulders now weighed down with leather and buckles. "Don't complain to me when you're trying to chew through inedible goat," he jests, not unkindly. The bard takes a torch, twirling the dry stake and feeling the heft of the oilcloth, "And I've a charm for bravery, if the need arises."

Kasra ostentatiously positions himself along an imaginary grid, punctuated with an exaggeratedly deferential tip of his head, "Fourth laterally, as instructed. As far as all this," he waggles his fingers, "tactical appointment goes, I'll give some advice: in this line of work, most adventurers already have a keen enough sense of what they're good at doing. And every man you meet knows himself better than you do, the day you meet him," the bard pauses. "That's from a good fortune benediction I learned along the riverbeds, but it doesn't rhyme unless it's in Narangi. And the luck is always better if it rhymes." He sighs.

Coriander creates a space between his palm, roughly a person's girth, and feels the empty air between he and Sister Reyhana. He shuffles his feet forwards, adjusting. "And what of you, wise Abbess? We've already spells and foreign rhymes of questionable efficacy. Have you a prayer to the Divine before we sally forth?" He considers for a few seconds, "I don't mean that flippantly. Prayers embolden the spirit and bring us closer to the Law we descend to uphold. Especially if they rhyme, even a little bit."

Disposition: 6, Memorized Spell: Fearlessness

tin can made man fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Nov 26, 2016

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
Kasra

"Should your shield arm feel fatigued, I know some stretches and massages which will loosen and warm the muscle. As well as some dances from the southern mystics which stimulate the muscles and clear the mind; they do occasionally compel a person's wind, but they are invigorating for reasons beyond that."

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
Kasra Coriander

"Some oxen chafe against the wagoner's yoke, while others crave the whip, so long as it moves the caravan forward," Kasra gives an upward push of his shoulders once more, "But when one travels the road by foot, and not palanquin, one sees plenty of carts careened along the trail; sometimes because the beasts refused the merchant, or the merchant refused the beasts. Looking at splintered wheels and burst crates, it's impossible to tell which." The bard claps his hands together and attempts to warm the group with a smile, his oiled mustache bobbing as his lips curl, "Come, there are nightmares to behold. So long as I am ringed by strong men and women with powerful arms and sharp blades, I am satisfied." He falls in behind the crusader, Shadhevar, then smiles at their masked thief. "Our trapfinder, Macit, has the most unenviable duty of all. Should an errant dart or swinging blade come thrusting at me from the walls, I shall have sharp words with you, sir." He chuckles.

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
Kasra

The bard laughs, "Thank the Divine for small mercies."

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
Kasra

"We can now heedlessly retreat, should the need arise," Kasra nods approvingly at Macit, "In this line of adventure, one needs every warm or wan comfort they can hold onto." Their Bey descends down into one of the pits, while the others remark on their environs, "These warrens are often rather... prescient in regards to what spawned them or what junctures along the mortal world through which they choose to breach. As we delve further, the facade of a slaughterhouse will either wither or intensify, dependent upon the whimsy of the abominations with lurk beneath. It is meant to disarm us, to disturb us with the perversion of what we know is normal. The nightmares simulate corruption, so that it better seeps through the runnels of a mortal's mind."

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
Kasra Coriander

"Consider these portals barred and shuttered," cheerily, Kasra goes to retrieve whatever sturdy planks of wood he can from the previous chamber and goes to propping them against handle and door, "We must remember to take down the barricades before we advance, however. Dungeons can have a way of rearranging themselves, and we would be look quite the fools if, after our hard-won victories, we find our only means of egress has already been blocked by our past selves."

He watches as Navid and the Bey prepare to drop into the pits, "Be careful of what you see and hear below. Our bold crusader and humble..." he fights for the correct title, "Sister," a self-satisfied smile at Reyhana, "are correct. The nightmare will try and repel or seduce you with sights and sounds most terrible. Keep firm in your faith in the Divine, your place in its Law, and the role both have blessed and chosen for you. There is, after all, a reason why we have been fated to fight these beasts - as opposed to say, a hundred men drilled and armored by the Sultan's generals."

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
Kasra Coriander

The bard's heels tense, and he turns from his work to the sudden rush of sounds from their back and their feet. "Trouble below," he says grimly, "and trouble behind us," Kasra nods towards the entryway, where he hears something shuffling near the room they just came through. "We'll need swords at the door, and strong arms at the ropes." He quickly joins Reyhana and takes the cord behind her. Kasra grips tightly, but it's clear that the good Sister will have to do the majority of the mule's labor on this one.

Rolled a 14 against Ferocity 10

tin can made man fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Nov 28, 2016

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
Kasra

"Do not let us become surrounded, friends," Kasra doesn't move to strike, though his fingers find his dagger quick enough. From the sounds of these creature, a few planks of wood would do little to slow their ascent, and bring him right at the ridge of disaster, besides. Instead, the bard moves near Zarina, with Navid, Shodana, and Reza as buffers between him and the pits.

Drawing a weapon and moving
C: 17 D: 11 F: 10 H: 9 I: 12 W: 9
AR: 13 DP: 6 SPD: 8

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
Kasra

"Good crusader, the door!" Kasra's daggerpoint thrusts at Macit and the hallway, which only seemed to be growing louder. The air fills with the sounds and scent of blood, as well as something ineffable... something crueler and all that much harder to grasp. Coriander spares a chilling, anxious glance at Zarina before rebolstering his voice, "It would be untoward to leave our poor Macit alone against the interlopers. And indeed," he sidesteps a spray of viscera which comes whipping off the head of Musad's lance, just as Reyhana's hatchet sledges into another monster, "You would not want to miss out on the glory!" Kasra unleashes a bellicose laugh which attempts to envelop the abominate snarling in the chamber.

Using the Bard Bullet Point to spend one disposition and give two to Reza
AR: 13 DP: 5 SPD: 8

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
Kasra

"Well met again, Cypress; with this veritable bulwark of bodies, I've no doubt that your aim will be surer," Kasra smiles as the thief doubles back to him and Zarina. Another laugh as an arrow descends into the darkness to wet, fleshy retort of pain. "Masterfully strung! Kuvir Anid and her Destructive Crescent could barely have done it better!" The bard watches as the western pits grow silent, their eastern counterparts well-ringed by steel. All that remained was the doorway, and the stream of beasts coming through. They had surrendered the immediate bottleneck, and these creatures would be swifter without a portal to ascend.

"May as well put this ponderous leather to the test," he chuckles, bounding north, around the empty pit while taking care not to clop too messily in the viscera splattered around its rim. Dagger in his hand, he loops around to prepare and flank the creatures charging mindlessly through the hall for Reza.

Don't think I can move far enough to get in attacking range, but moving around the NW pit, closer to the bottleneck

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
Kasra

"I'd say this one has been definitively inhabited," Kasra makes a backhanded swipe with his dagger to fend one of the slavering creates off, even as a second - unseen by him - goes staggering harmlessly past, an arrow sprouting from its back as it howls in pain. The bard nods appreciatively at Macit, "But this is merely a scrape, your nobility, a scrape! The further we venture from the Divine's touch, the more horrid the nightmares become."

Two were now upon him. Kasra had thought to ambush them from the side as they barreled down upon Reza, but the abominations, defying his expectations, are smart enough to see the bard as the more tempting target. Being wrong on the cold read was never a reason to abandon a game, however; only the foolish and the obstinate don't know how to turn a surprise into an advantage. "That's a good pair of toothy fellows," Kasra coos, whipping his blade in his right hand, a light and willowy grip which allowed quick, fluid thrusts and cuts: a daggerstance not unfamiliar to the cutpurses and scullery scrappers of Geth's lower avenues. An upward slash goes for the uninjured monster, doing little but warding it off for just an instant longer "Just keep your senses on poor, humble Kasra. Don't think to look behind you."

[21:26] <tincanmademan> !roll 1d20 ferocity 10
[21:26] * LawBot rolled 1d20 for tincanmademan and got 11

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
Kasra

"It's not so much the peers of my childhood I compare these beasts to," Kasra keeps his footwork nimble, slashing and thrusting at the lone monster now threatening him, "As it is the more horrid acquaintances I've met on these fated forays. We haven't so much as descended a flight of stairs or bore witness to a bleeding effigy of all our mothers, joined at the hip, bare at the chest to show a dozen naked breasts with grasping fingers at their peaks." The bard flourishes an exaggerated thinking stance between cuts, scratching his chin with his free hand, "Or was that one a few? I shudder at either possibility."

Phone posting so no rolls, but attacking at ferocity 10

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
Kasra

"Good to see you don't shirk from a bit of blood, Navid," Kasra inches away from the ravenous monster while it slashes at the berserker, his words slow and reassuring, "But still, let's not invite more of it. Your blade is true, your feet swift. This beast is merely a pittance compared to the nightmares of the past and yet to come!"

Spending two disposition to give Navid 4
AR: 13 DP: 3 SPD: 8

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
Kasra Coriander

The bard leans back on his heels, genuinely surprised by the aggressive show of affection. He rubs his lower lip, watching as the Bey whips and sashays through their group, momentarily drunk on victory. "Mimics often lurk in these dungeons, disguised as chests and crates. Unless the box below is one of them, it shan't move far. I advise taking the conventional path," he nods towards the doors, "Carefully and cautiously. Then, a measured treasure hunt. But not before we have destroyed the focus that makes this place exist."

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
Kasra

Hovering near Reyhana, Kasra watches with interest as Navid sips from the pool and rises, seemingly energetic and refreshed. "If it's all the same, I shan't risk that, myself. And I think it admirable to be on the hunt for our predecessors, but..." he cups his ears, listening to the eerie stillness which seems to mix with edge of the devilish odors locked in behind them, "I'd be willing to wager it's just us and the monsters, down here. Hoping too much is a strange sort of poison on its own, in places like this."

The bard considers the doors, "East, I think. No particular reason."

tin can made man fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Dec 4, 2016

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
Kasra

Kasra blanches dramatically, "The armlet would have sufficed, and we would have trusted your word on its source. Actually bringing the poor remnants of its owner was perhaps untoward," he eyes the discarded and dismembered arm with a raised eyebrow, though his interested eye drifts from the gore-caked limb to their gore-caked Bey, "Better to keep it as scoured treasure, I think. Canvas the families of all the women who ventured or were taken down here, and every son and sister will insist that their beloved departed carried that armlet with her wherever she went, and that it must be returned, for value sentimental. Ask the families of the men, and they will shout that their brother or father also carried a treasured bauble about his delicate, feminine wrists. Give it to the Magistrate's man to bequeath, and likely you will find it upon his niece's arm at the next shah's sup."

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
Kasra

Glancing from Shodana to Reyhana, "Dear Sister, am I not needy enough?" The bard turns out the cypher-pouches of his bag and pats the side of his robes, "Do remember your funny little pauper when you're redistributing alms."

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
Kasra

"Bey Shodana!" Kasra nearly falls over as he reaches out. Down the hall he can see the hulk of armor, the oppressive flatness of a shieldwall, and, as he would no doubt swear later, the very glint of an arrowhead. This would be too hard-won of a fight, if won at all. "Back! Back! They are too many! It's suicide!" But their stoutest warriors had already entered the fray; no helping that. "Swift feet! Narrow profiles! You've faced worse and survived! But now, we are deep afoot in grass, where it is better to be the viper, than the ox!"

Dropping one more DP to give Jad two
AR: 13 DP: 2 SPD: 8

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
Kasra

"Afreet's rear end," Kasra curses under his breath as blood is spilled once more. At a glance, the wound was grievous; there may be no hope for the Sundown Chaser, and certainly none left for his eye... Bey Shodana nobly (though, technically, all things she does could be described as such, Kasra quietly quips to himself) goes under fire to retrieve the man, and the bard can't quell the sudden rush of foolish heroism boiling in his stomach, either. Patting the boiled leather around his chest for encouragement, he darts down the hall at a low crouch, grabbing Musad's other leg and helping the Bey pull him back into the antechamber.

Doing this if next round's initiative allows

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
Kasra

Musad's wound was bad, Kasra's breadth of medicine was enough to comprehend that. Leaning next to Zarina, pulling her robe or wiping sweat from her brow when needed. He gives Macit's suggestion a wry smile, "Can't say I disagree with that, friend." Kasra stands and catches Shodana's throwing axe as he rises, quickly going to work, hammering the butt of the handle and wrenching with the bladehead.

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
Kasra

"Turn the chalice over; give the dung to the earth, and the cup to the sinkbasin. With a few scrubs, it'll be back to a fine enough vessel from which to sip as you watch the flowers bloom," Kasra shrugs airily, but not without confidence. "Wise decisions are based on practicality and patience, not bravado and obstinance."

tin can made man fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Dec 9, 2016

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
Kasra

Kasra smiles and replies to the Sister in a sidelong whisper, "I know few tales of lizardmen, though I can balladeer quite a lot of The Tails of Lizardmen; it's unfortunately a rather ribald sailor's song, and not like to earn us the endearment of this fellow. Especially if he's stowing adventurers in boxes and cages." He moves forward, and as he passes Navid he adds, "You're correct to be wary, but it's not unheard of for more bestial adventurers to survive the loss of a band and be mistaken for a creature of the Nightmare when the next comes courting. He may have even been tricked by a djinn or a fae; show someone a glittering hoard of treasure, but fail to mention the finer details of its geography."

The scoundrel sashays aside Shodana, still smirking. Gingerly, he leans backward, curling his back and showing his profile to the lizardman and rolling his shoulders in just the slightest way. He doesn't know much of lizardfolk or their customs, but had met many in drinking houses and jail-barrows over the years. Kasra had picked up instances of their body language, understood how they presented themselves to potential enemies and friends with subtle flashes of their scales or swishes of their tails. Lacking either, he rubs his chin to let the copper links, bangles, and medallions sewn into the sleeve of his coat catch the glimmers of torchlight, and swings the flow of his robe in gentle circles. "You seem quite out of sorts, suhulian. Our noble bey is right; do you need assistance?" He twists his foot awkwardly and grits at the mistake; flat feet was a lightly rude gesture, near as much as he could figure from watching the dragons nip at each other in the clay-yard.

[19:14] <tincanmademan> !roll 1d20+3 performing for an audience
[19:14] * LawBot rolled 1d20+3 for tincanmademan and got 7

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
Kasra

"Wandering rooms, shifting hallways, wayward chambers," Kasra sneers from unfortunate clarity, "Some powerful dungeons are like creatures of the nightmare, themselves. They wriggle and squirm, shifting their organs from one configuration to the next. We must be war of every door we open from now on, lest it suddenly become the one which brought us to that damned arrow-wall." Kasra rubs his chin, "As for these 'sleepers'? Revenants and mummies, I'd expect: the restless dead. Some say the nightmare spawns them, though others posit that the anchor draws them in like dragonflies to the torch. Troublesome, regardless. Consider those skeletal sentries, and add a bit more festering flesh and conscious malice, and you're close to it."

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
Kasra

The Bey puts on her court voice and diction again and Kasra interjects to help the poor lizardman navigate, "We've still a bit of a holy mission to complete, can't afford the extra weight just yet. Either you take what's light and shiny with us now, or we clear a path and drag the whole bunch."

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
Kasra

"Until our esteemed guest says otherwise, all of this belongs to Suhulian Shikaj," an abbreviated bow towards the lizardman, "It is his to lend and to apportion. We're not brigands, after all." Kasra smiles at Shikaj, eyeing the lizardman's sizable haul and giving names to some of the more arcane finds as Zarina identifies them. "A Ring of Tinders, or a Tinderring, as it's called in Geth. I once spent an evening with a stunning Northern Blonde," he runs his fingers through his hair and puffs his chest for emphasis, "who called these jars Forever Flasks, but her brother - equally stunning - named them Pouch-Larders. The vigor ring has as many titles as there are lands where adventurers tread, so I shan't bore you with them. Much the same with the spells. The one for lightfulness I know, and learned as Sahim's Soft Slippers. The synecdoche's spell's names often allude to dragons, manticores, and other such spitting beasts. Like it's namesake, the conjuration is deadly and difficult to contend with in tight spaces."

Kasra takes what loot he can carry into his pouch, eyeing the flask and sniffing the heady brown liquor inside with a smile before recorking it. The dice are admired but, when found to be quite evenly weighed and lacking in magical charm, wrapped and stuffed into his bag with little more interest.

tin can made man fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Dec 15, 2016

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
Kasra

"Friends of your's, Shikaj?" Kasra rears on his heels and pulls the throwing knife in one hand, still lingering in the rear. "Charge and bar them at the doors, or fall backward and let them funnel into us," the bard suggests quickly, "Whatever we do, let's not sashay into their chapel, methinks. Cannibalism and idolatry make a poor tonic for properly faithful folks such as we." He holds the dagger between his fingers, ready to let it fly at the first cultist to get into his view.

Holding an attack, maybe

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
Kasra

"Is there any creature as pitiable, as repugnant, as the heretic?" Kasra demands to be heard, his voice bellowing against the stone walls, bouncing and battering on the sound of roars and steel. The bard pulls his gore-soaked dagger out, keeping it raised high defensively as he twists and repositions himself behind Zarina and Navid. "And among the heretic, is there any as revolting as those who forswear themselves to the nightmare? These wretches are beyond our help, I fear, I fear. May the Divine judge their weakness, just as it emboldens our strengths!"

Spending 3 disposition, giving three to reza, two to shodana, and one to reyhana

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
Kasra

"Mind the archers!" Kasra shouts as arrows whizz past and through their party. The putrid hulk was the clear leader, and their first priority, but the bard isn't keen on the idea of them massing too closely and becoming a tempting arrow target, "Slash and move! Don't let the monster overwhelm you, and don't allow the cultists to flank!" From behind a boulder, Coriander leans out and whips his throwing knife towards the corpulent mass of filth.

[10:15] * @LawBot rolled 1d20+1 for tincanmademan and got 9

tin can made man fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Dec 28, 2016

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
Kasra

The wretched's bile had lingered, misting the floors and eating away at anyone within its fumes. "Kill him this instant, or retreat!" a steely roar bellows from Kasra's lungs, "Show a foe that you can obliterate him on the grounds of his choosing, or otherwise fight not on them at all!" Still leaning against the stone, he reaches for the knife at his belt and holds his arm protectively aside Zarina while shouting towards the melee. "Bey Shodana! The beast is slow and corpulent! Cut him as you would toughened meat - slowly and powerfully!"

Spending one DP to give Shodana two

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
Kasra

"Men have been known to venture into the depths and lose themselves to the very powers they crusaded against," Kasra shrugs almost casually as he helps Navid and Musad scavenge and move the corpses, careful not to ruin the bottom of his boots with one of the corpulent maggots scurrying about. He kicks one towards a wall with a disapproving sneer. "Likely we've found some of our missing adventurers and townsfolk. If our Bey can get some knowledge from the survivor, we'll be blessed. But there's not much else to help the wretch other than a blade - hot and sharp if you're kind, jagged and rusty if you're cruel."

tin can made man fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jan 10, 2017

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
Kasra

The bard ostentatiously covers his eyes with one hand and glances away as the pious sister tends to her nudity. "It is a sin against the Divine to ogle a holy woman, you know. Gentles, avert your gazes." He flips over one of the maggot-encrusted bodies with a thump of his boot.

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
Kasra

Reyhana's hushed comment raises Kasra's eyebrow, and, feeling something of a prescient sharpness in the Sister's voice, he does not immediately respond. His look dart from Reyhana to Shodana, he makes some mental calculations, and he gives the Sister a curious smirk. When the talk turns to maggots, Kasra's back bends straight and his oiled mustache lifts again with his smile, "They are not so loathsome as they are unpleasant. Northfolk still use them to clean wounds, and larvae fetch a fair price by the keg in their dock markets." The bard pinches the tail end of a particularly fat maggot, inspects it, and casts it to the wall where it splats - harmlessly.

Kasra's glance is at once attracted by Navid's find, the gold glimmering warmly in the torchlight where it folded and rippled into the shape of a mouth. "I saw a man once rewarded with such a medallion for quaffing a barrel of curry, at a bacchanal in Geth's nicer neighborhoods. Quite looked like this fellow, come to think of it," the mortified friar gets a pat with his boot. "I'm nearly sure it's a coincidence. Let me see that..."

[21:24] <tincanmademan> !roll 1d20
[21:24] <foxxbot> tincanmademan, 8 - intelligence, but i doubt anything would hit with that, whoops

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
Kasra

"This fat, spongey monstrosity would have made a fine walking bulwark against those arrows, tsk," Kasra shrugs at Navid, "A shame he was irreconcilable. If we had a carpenter and a necromancer, it'd be a simple matter of hinging some wheels onto the belly and making a ram of him." The bard shakes his head in mock mourning.

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
Kasra

"Unless the dungeon lurches and shuffles beneath us, trafficking this heretic to the entrance would not be too dramatic a detour; of course, it may do that very thing," he nods at Shikaj, "Alack, it seems his fortitude has become quite an inconvenience. How simpler it would be if he just died." Kasra gives the languishing cultist a scolding shake of his head, "I'd prefer we make a quick end of him, and save ourselves any antitoxins, as well as sparing us the ignobility of his... exiting."

"As to that curious bauble," the bard eyes the golden medallion as they make for a small camp, fingers kneading the tough out of Zarina's shoulders, "Another thing best stashed away and forgotten. Scholars of the Divine or would-be grotesquerie owners would pay handsomely for it, I think, but best it not touch our bosoms."

[19:39] <tincanmademan> !roll 1d6
[19:39] * LawBot rolled 1d6 for tincanmademan and got 5

AR: 13 DP: 5 SPD: 8

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
Kasra

"Books are a curious thing, I find. A wave of human thought made manifest in ink and paper; like the wisdoms and imaginations which spring them, some particularly heady volumes will wander and appear in the most unconventional of places." Mimicking a minstrel, he plucks the string of a shortbow in a low, mysterious twang. "If the anchor is below, we'll need to find means to eventually climb out of it. Unless it's a Gozerian Pit, which summons up the idle thoughts of its victims and gives them demonic form." Kasra considers for a moment, "Much like books, I suppose."

The bard turns on his heel, smiling at Shikaj, "What do you mean by that, my sahulian friend?" He had become enamored of the lizardman, finding some ironic charm in Shikaj's hissing, winnowing snores which rung through the camp during their respite. "Been here before? You've a thing for chasms, I suspect," he leans over, just barely glancing into the abyss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
Kasra

Kasra makes a small mummery - perhaps - of nearly dropping the ominous canister, then nestles it securely in his bag. "A vile brew, this seems. I've grown thirsty, but never so much as to dint my fragile palate that much," as they proceed into the bunker, Coriander keeps one wrist pointed and extended in mockery - perhaps - of the upper classes of Geth.

"Even the damned must dream, sometimes. A humbling thought," he runs his fingers over one of the more-made bedsheets, just a twinge envious. A clay pot of water is heavily quaffed and passed around while Reyhana goes to the dangerous work of disarming what, as near as Kasra could tell, was very efficient and magnificently painful. "It humbles you, somewhat, to see the men behind monsters. Such are the wild tests the Divine crafts, though, and not all can meet them."

At last, they breach into the sorrowful stone chasm, strewn with skulls. "Strangely, this place seems more comforting than the pit." He considers the Bey, "The skulls may be from another portal or opening. Even our suhulian friend came from somewhere," he nods and gives Shikaj an approving thumb-gesture, "They may also be manifestations of fear, or cleverly-chiseled rock. Such are the nightmare's design. I see no greater peril moving forward here than with our alternatives."

• Locked thread