Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Emptiness. All is formless and void, a blank slate of a world against the infinite darkness beyond. Nothing truly exists, yet, except for little sparks of ego and will, entities capable of shaping what shall come to pass.

Which shall prevail? Which shall make their mark upon reality? Which shall burn out and be forgotten?

What do you choose to do, Godlet?

The Current Pantheon, in order of Seating:

1. The Pantocrater- SwedishThaumocracy
2. The Illuminator - DivineCoffeeBinge
3. The Constellator - Scribbleykins
4. The Arborean - Kyyp
5. The First Sea Lord - Deadmeat5150
6. The God of Lazy - TacoNight
7. The Fulmillustrator - TheNabster
8. The Refugitive - Shogeton
9. Vacant
10. The Drunk of Goddenness - Blasphemaster
11. The Stuffmeister - Battle Royale Baby
12. The Comedienne - JesterofAmerica

The Placeholderdome of Thunder is established! If an action is contested, both sides roll 1d20 and add their Divinity. They may try to invoke statuses as a bonus for their own or a malus for their opponent, but need to give reasons why in either case. Ganging up is allowed: total the divinity on each side, the instigator or first defender makes the roll for their whole side. The winner takes half the loser's divinity, rounded up. If multiple winners the divinity is split evenly with the instigator or first defender getting any remainder. A godlet with less than 5 Divinity loses their seat in the Pantheon, which may be taken by the victor, unless that victor has less than 5 divinity after winning.

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Dec 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
There's a reason it's a classic.

Let there be light.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

There's a reason it's a classic.

Let there be light.

Why mess with the classics?

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
And there was light. An all-pervading brightness, throughout all that was. radiating from everywhere to everywhere, supplanting the darkness that was.

DivineCoffeeBinge gets 2 divinity points!
Sniper4625 gets 1 divinity point!

What next, Godlet?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Hey, neat. Now there's light.

Now we need a place to put our stuff.

Let's create a world.

(Divinity: 2)

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Create Mini-Godlets

Then we can use them as slave labor to create our world.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Create Water!

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Let there be heavens

We need something for a world to hang out in. Lets make stars and stuff.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
So, in the all-pervading light, a world was called into being, a solid, featureless globe, indistinguishable from the brightness of everything and everywhere. That featureless surface was quickly submerged as water was brought to existence, a liquid coating sufficient to cover the solidity below. All around the new world, far, far away, fusion reactors flicked into being, adding hue and radiance to the everywhere-light as they began their existence. Between them, strange pockets of 'stuff' materialised, their purpose uncertain.

DivineCoffeeBinge gets 1 Divinity Point!
Battle Royale Baby gets the status: Miniaturised, and the status: Servile!
Birthday Oral gets 1 Divinity Point!
Deadmeat5150 gets 1 Divinity Point!

Now what, Godlet?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

That world is sorta boring. Let's make it not-boring.

Our world needs mountains.

Divinity: 3

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Create icebergs upon the water!

(Divinity 1)

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Land!

(Divinity 1)

sniper4625 fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Nov 27, 2016

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

"stuff", get to make more stuffing :pervert:

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
Mountains!

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Create a moon in the shape of a duck in orbit around the world.

Why? Because what is the point of divine power if you can't use it in arbitrary, inscrutable ways? Making a duck shaped moon is suitably arbitrary and ridiculous. It should be a perfect representation of a duck but made of non-metamorphic rock and perfectly sculpted, down to the smallest(giant) detail on its feathers and so on.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Create physical laws!

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Magic but we'll explain poo poo anyway

(Also we got free gravity - or equivalent - if anyone noticed)

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Become the Adversary

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?
I know I should probably wait until the seventh day or something, but Let's rest from our moderate amount of creating.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Invent Cats

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Loel posted:

Invent Cats

Animal or musical? Need to know before upvoting this.

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

Loel posted:

Invent Cats
THIS. also create a moon that looks like a sleeping cat.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Big Boner Stacy posted:

Create physical laws!

Create physical laws that are illogical and contradictory.

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Pass. Wake me up when we're ready to make art.

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

TacoNight posted:

Pass. Wake me up when we're ready to make art.

A cat is art. :colbert:

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Carve a wraparound etching of Dickbutt into the surface, and fill the new chasms with water.

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015
Forge Elemental Humour into the world

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Masturbate with your own hand
Ejaculate into your mouth
Sneeze and create the wind
Spit and create the rain

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Outrail posted:

Create physical laws that are illogical and contradictory.

Order and Chaos established.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
The featureless deeps beneath the water corrugated and roiled, twisted, buckled and drove themselves upwards. Peaks broke through the surface of the waters, becoming islands, archipelagos,steep-sided land masses. All over the constantly-bright world, a chaotic pattern of upraised terrain spread outwards and around. At the poles, however, the waters cooled, forming giant chunks of ice floating in the pure water, drifting on currents and eddies caused by the upraising of the mountains. On the surface below the deeps, a trench vaguely suggestive of genitive organs furrowed its way into being around the world.

One lone Godlet zoomed down to the mountainous surface, planting itself upon the ground, the first entity ever to do so. In its wake, the first 'mews' of life, as the Firstborn chosen of the Gods stepped onto the rocky landscape, looked around disinterestedly, then cleaned the interstices between the claws of their forepaws or otherwise busied themselves sleeping or looking for something to eat.

Up in orbit, a pair of rocks came into being, one the shape and size of a cat, the other the shape and size of a duck, save for the giant detailing of its feathers. They took up antipodal positions in the same orbit, invisible against the constant light of everywhere.

In the vasty deeps of infinity, the clusters of Stuff began to grow.

Back upon the planet, there was a deep rumbling within the homogeneous ground. Geysers began to erupt, as from deep within, the elements of the four humours - blood, yellow bile, black bile and phlegm - were called into being. The cats eagerly flocked to the bloodgeysers, murring cheerfully as they drank their fill, aside from a few who approached, sniffed it, then turned away in aloof high dudgeon, demanding better fare.

Upon the highest peak, the veritable ceiling of the world, one lone cat watched a godlet create a rudimentary weather system.

One lone godlet pulled power to itself, and claimed a place in opposition to all the others. The first seat in the pantheon had been claimed.

DivineCoffeeBinge gets 2 divinity points!
Birthday Oral gets 1 divinity point!
sniper4625 successfully lands on the planet, and gets to name it!
Battle Royale Baby gets 1 divinity point!
mcclay gets 1 divinity point!
Diogines gets 1 divinity point and earns the title, "Lord of the Duck Moon"!
Big boner stacy gets 2 divinity points, Physical laws set to 'yes'!
don't be mean to me gets 1 divinity point, magic set to 'yes'!

Arkanomen claims a role and gains 5 divinity points! The Adversary: All actions must oppose or distort the actions of other godlets.

Taconight gets the status: Well rested!
Loel gets 2 divinity points and earns the title "Lifebringer"!
cat_herder gets 1 divinity point and earns the title, "Lord of the Cat Moon"!
Outrail gets 1 divinity point, Magic is henceforth part of the physical laws and gives them scope for illogic and contradiction!
Blasphemaster gets 1 divinity point and earns the title: "Dickbutter"!
JesterOfAmerica gets 1 divinity point!
JosephWongKS gets 1 divinity point and the status: Spent!

Your move, godlet!

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Let there be Darkness! Places of refuge where the light does not blind. And they will be mine henceforth.

(Divinity: 2)

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Create the Elder Beings that can be uncovered by unsuspecting sentients untold millennia later and drive them to madness.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I feel sappy right now so Eminate love

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
Create forests and other plant stuff

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Clouds. Everywhere.

Not fog, but big puffy cumulus clouds and nebulae. Clouds in the sky stretching out to infinity. Clouds near the ground, that you can hop on like Mario. Clouds UNDER the ground, idk how that works but it'll work.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

Theantero posted:

Create the Elder Beings that can be uncovered by unsuspecting sentients untold millennia later and drive them to madness.

We've already made cats. :colbert:

Create stars and 7 catty constellations to dot the sky at night: Restful Cat, Playful Cat, Prowling Cat, Singing Cat, Mating Cats, Fighting Cats and Disinterested Cat.

I lay claim on the heavens.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Scribbleykins posted:

I lay claim on the heavens.

lol get rekt nerd

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
This planet shall henceforth be known as Nibiru

Actually let's do plant life first.

(Somebody gotta make dogs cmon)

Div 1

sniper4625 fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Nov 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

And Lo, the Duck Moon did Quack and there was a Great Rumbling upon the Deep, heard all, even unto the Very Firmament and thus was declared,

"All That Flaps or Sqwaks,
All That Pecks or Chirps,
All That Soars or Glides,

ALL THESE THINGS ARE MINE!
I AM DIOGENES LORD OF FEATHERS!
LOOK UPON MY WORKS YE MIGHTY AND DESPAIR!"

Translation: Quack, Quack, Quack, Quack, Quack, Quack, Quack, Quack, Quack!

I attempt to claim exclusive jurisdiction over everything related to birds, thus gaining tremendous power in such matters but forever excluding all actions not related to birds or bird-characteristics in some way. Not unlike a variation of the adversary.

Divinity: 1.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Nov 27, 2016

• Locked thread