Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?
Alternate the light and darkness to create the concept of time. Plan to do something later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

TacoNight posted:

Plan to do something later

Look everybody, it's the god of procrastination!

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

There will need to be the small critters, the weak and the helpless to be prey to the cats. I will create the mice and the rats and the squirrels, and they will be quick and quiet, and the cats will have to try hard to get them, but they will not be able to fight them. And I will aspire to always give some mercy to the weak, but never strengthen them.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

Abyssal Squid posted:

lol get rekt nerd

Your cloudy creation took you all the way underground. Unless you want to argue caves are heavenly, you're just a puffed-up pretender. :colbert:

(You want it? Lay claim to it! See what happens when two of us do!)

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Scribbleykins posted:

Your cloudy creation took you all the way underground. Unless you want to argue caves are heavenly, you're just a puffed-up pretender. :colbert:

Someone needs to be God of Thunderdome.

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?

Theantero posted:

Create the Elder Beings that can be uncovered by unsuspecting sentients untold millennia later and drive them to madness.

Can I suggest two things? If so, put Thenatero's Elder Beings into a deep and dreamless slumber. No rush if we can't do both, it'll get done.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Scribbleykins posted:

I mean you can have your constellations I'm not disputing that, but good luck having them ever be seen! >:{}

sniper4625 posted:

Someone needs to be God of Thunderdome.

Can't have thunder without clouds. I'm working on it.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Destroy my own body and use the parts to fill the void with crates of all shapes and sizes, containing ???, thus becoming God of Crates

Swedish Thaumocracy fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Nov 27, 2016

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Create a race of Massive Sentient Potatoes that float around aimlessly and upon contact with one another immediately detonate in Tsar-Bomba level explosions of mashed goodness instead of the traditional blast.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
While everyone else is focused over here, let's kind of edge off to one side and create the Oort Cloud so that later there will be a goodly supply of comets for all our omen/legend/doomsday needs.

Divinity: 5

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

Abyssal Squid posted:

I mean you can have your constellations I'm not disputing that, but good luck having them ever be seen! >:{}

:catstare:

Abyssal Squid posted:

Can't have thunder without clouds. I'm working on it.

As a means of settling our creative differences, I now support the creation of a Godly Thunderdome.

SO I CAN WRECK THIS FOOL :argh:

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

While everyone else is focused over here, let's kind of edge off to one side and create the Oort Cloud so that later there will be a goodly supply of comets for all our omen/legend/doomsday needs.

Divinity: 5

Cool, I was gonna get around to comets and meteors eventually. Want to partner up on future heavenly projects?

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Create abundant life in the Oceans, especially Tuna which is the favorite of Cats

Become God of the Seas

Divinity: 1

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Become the God of Ice and force the ice on the poles to spread.

(Divinity 2)

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Scribbleykins posted:

Cool, I was gonna get around to comets and meteors eventually. Want to partner up on future heavenly projects?

I would not be averse to partnering up at all, though of course we'll have to see if, as things evolve, our ideas about the Heavens line up.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
^^vv<><>AB(select)(start)

(Divinity unlimited)

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Create abundant life in the Oceans, especially Tuna which is the favorite of Cats

Become God of the Seas

Divinity: 1

I skimread this as 'God of the Sass' and did a double take.

Alas. No dedicated trickster god yet. :eng99:

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

I would not be averse to partnering up at all, though of course we'll have to see if, as things evolve, our ideas about the Heavens line up.

Indeed! I'm happy to throw you the lead for the first project, though. If you ain't got anything in mind for the next round, I'm probably going to no-joke aim for that heavenly thunderdome. No idea what gladiatorial god combat will actually end up doing, but where's the harm in trying?

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

I'll make the thunder, you make the dome.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Darkness returns, at the bidding of its new master, coming into balance with the light and providing contrast. Set in motion, it cyclically flows back and forth in equilibrium, lighttime and darktime. Deep in the infinite, beings beyond mortal ken and sanity lurk within the clouds of Stuff, held there in dreamless slumber. On Nibiru, Love is made pre-eminent, and the light and dark are filled with the yowlings that herald more cats in the future.

New life also springs forth in the form of plants: Forests of every type, and strange conglomerations of Stuff, not too dissimilar to the Stuff of the deep void, except... planty.

Clouds begin to form, from gaseous emanations of the four humours beneath the mountainous surface through to water vapour high up between the world and the void. The fickle laws of physics permit clouds of water vapour above icebergs floating in the water.

The fusion reactors of an earlier age are aesthetically rearranged at the bidding of the third one to claim their slot in the pantheon.

The Lord of the Duck Moon stakes his claim, taking the fourth place in the pantheon.

Hiding within and beneath the plant-Stuff, the hordes of the Hunted spring forth, rodents of every type. Were the cats prone to rejoicing, they might have done so, but they were certainly prone to hunting. Soon, blood not from the geysers was spilt on Nibiru's homogeneous rock.

Crates appeared throughout creation, their disembodied deity seated upon one in the fifth available place in the pantheon.

Deep in the void, 'twixt the stellar furnaces and the clouds of Stuff where lurk the slumbering things of madness, floated massive beings of mostly starch. Capable of sentient thought, they thus generally avoided one another so as to reduce the risk of exploding.

Much closer to the world, a vast cloud came into being from which comets could emerge, orbiting Nibiru at a great distance, far beyond the moons of duck and cat.

The seas teemed with life, most of it cat-edible, adapted to the pure dihydrogen monoxide in which they now swam, courtesy of the sixth deity in the pantheon.

Up around the axis of rotation, the icebergs began to spread further, as the seventh claimed their place.

Somewhere insignificant, buttons were mashed to no great effect.

+1 Divinity point: sniper4625, blasphemaster, Abyssal Squid DivineCoffeeBinge, Shogeton
+2 Divinity points: Theantero, mcclay.

TacoNight gets +1 Divinity point, and expends the status: Well Rested on a second action!

RandomPaul gets the status: Trying to Cheat, and the status, Overextended!

Big Boner Stacy claims a role! The Kindly Dark: Actions must pertain to darkness or changes in light. +5 divinity points.

Scribbleykins claims a role! Constellator: Actions must pertain to the distant heavens, the stars, stuff clouds and potatoes of the deep. +5 divinity points.

Diogenes claims a role! Lord of Feathers: Actions must pertain to birds. +5 divinity points.

Swedish Thaumocracy claims a role! Pantocrater: Actions must pertain to crates and their contents. +5 divinity points.

Deadmeat5150 claims a role! First Sea Lord: Actions must pertain to the seas and their contents. +5 divinity points.

Birthday Oral claims a role! Ice Lord: Actions must pertain to ice and cold. +5 divinity points.

Go ahead, Godlets.

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Nov 28, 2016

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Let humans spring forth, and let I, Namebringer, be their patron above all others. (Role claim) Let them open the crates and master the animals, let them be fruitful and multiply across the land!

(P.S. Stay out of the deeps.)

Div 2

sniper4625 fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Nov 28, 2016

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
I declare comets to be crates, as they contain delicious ores! I will them to swirl about willy-nilly that getting at their contents will be hard but not impossible.

The Pantocrater, +5 divinity.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Let sapient lightnings call the clouds their home!

They communicate with thunders, also there's different lightning societies at each level. Imma be Lightning Lord! :ssj:

Divinity 1

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I create a menagerie of creepy crawlies to live in and churn up the permanent dark places under Nibiru

The Kindly Darkness, +7 Divinity

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Let the things crawling on the earth fear the Ice and seek to hide from it!

(Divinity 7)

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Let the some of the Hunted Creatures find themselves hiding spaces in the trees in the new forests, and let them find hiding in the kind darkness under the earth, and let their senses be sharp, their movements quick and their litters plentiful.

Divinity Point 1

Shogeton fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Nov 28, 2016

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Abyssal Squid posted:

I'll make the thunder, you make the dome.

The new Constellator trawls up and compresses the material of many Stuff clouds, mostly rocky and shiny ones, and uses them to create the [Placeholder]-DOME OF THE GODS: a distant, celestial arena for godly conflict resolution, far away from anything sentient... if one were to discount the occasional giant exploding space potato, which, really, is just the kind of casual racism you'd expect out of the gods.

The arena is half finished, awaiting another god's touch.

Div/0! error

... Huh. Let's try that again.

Div = 5

Better. Wonder what that was all about.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Take a bunch of ducks and cats and smash them together into horrid, torturous fleshbeasts.

Become god of Eldritch Horror

Divinity: 2

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

All plant life will produce intoxicating effects when consumed in sufficient quantities, which will be unique to each species. Berries shall be uppers, and leafy greens shall be downers. So say I, Lord of Intoxication and the Resulting Impaired Decisions!

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Scribbleykins posted:

The arena is half finished, awaiting another god's touch.

I'll get on that next action, I've got something specific in mind. :3:

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Some of the life in the sea lives in the deepest and darkest places of the world. These creatures, which look sort of like Steve Guttenburg with tentacles instead arms and legs, wake every few hundred years and wreck havoc upon all who traverse or live near the seas. Especially tasy humans.

First Sea Lord: Divinity 7

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

HANDS OFF MY DUCKS!!!! I don't care if mortal creatures try to eat them or something but no turning them into torturous supernatural flesh beasts!

What part of THESE ARE MY BIRDS was unclear!?!

Where Theantero tries to take ducks to form an eldritch horror, I Manifest the First Divine Avatar in the form of Quacktzalcoatl, the Great Bird! I pour all of my Divine Power into it and oppose his action! If possible, I try to consume him and steal some or all of his power!

Hey, Cat Gods! Help! We Moon Bros gotta stick together! Don't let him make our creations unpure! Let this be an instance for us to unify in Moon Solidarity and cement a beautiful friendship!

Lord of Feathers: Divinity - 6.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Nov 27, 2016

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Create a great ball of slowly moving chaos and magic 1000 arbitrary units of spacial measurement from creation. Time till impact 1000 arbitrary units of time.

"On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero."

1 Divinity Point

Outrail fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Nov 27, 2016

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Say no to god on god violence

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Then don't mess with my birds! No turning my duckies into horrible, torturous fleshbeasts!

See!? They are cute! They love each other! No turning them into fleshbeasts!

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Clearly, if ducks are cute, smashing them together into a horrible fleshbeast is merely increasing the local cuteness concentration by piling large amounts of cute into a smaller overall area.

It's simple math.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Theantero posted:

Clearly, if ducks are cute, smashing them together into a horrible fleshbeast is merely increasing the local cuteness concentration by piling large amounts of cute into a smaller overall area.

It's simple math.

You could take this to the extreme and increase the density of duck meat. We've got magic now so that shouldn't be a problem.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Scribbleykins posted:

We've already made cats. :colbert:

Create stars and 7 catty constellations to dot the sky at night: Restful Cat, Playful Cat, Prowling Cat, Singing Cat, Mating Cats, Fighting Cats and Disinterested Cat.

I lay claim on the heavens.

Thus I claim the Underworld. Seat of my power, kennel of Dogs.

Dogs are the Chosen of the Adversary, Chasers of Cats and Hunter of Birds and Antithesis of God.

All that forsake their claws and feathers shall find solace in the torment and corruption of Others and the souls Forsaken by the Heavens.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Arkanomen posted:

Dogs are the Chosen of the Adversary, Chasers of Cats and Hunter of Birds and Antithesis of God.

All that forsake their claws and feathers shall find solace in the torment and corruption of Others and the souls Forsaken by the Heavens.

Gonna give so many pets. Whose a good boy, helldogs. You are!

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Theantero posted:

It's simple math.

Uh oh. Someone better create a god of Aesthetics to debate the true nature of beauty with the horrible elder beast god before he gets to set all the standards.

Theantero posted:

Say no to god on god violence

Shush you, and get in the [Placeholder]-DOME.

Arkanomen posted:

OH NO YOU DIN'T

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
e: Apparently we only get one action.

Arkanomen fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Nov 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Arkanomen posted:

*cough* Isn't the Underworld kind of...Dark?

• Locked thread