Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regulus74
Jul 26, 2007
So is the live episode some type of super irony where it's purposely a bunch of bad comics? Is making the audience sit through a terrible hacky comedy show the joke?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regulus74
Jul 26, 2007
That wasn't alt comedy at all, that was a few NYC comedians using the NYC standard cadence and delivery to tell jokes from the laziest/most obvious premises possible. It's like literally the kind of poo poo that alt comedy was a reaction to. Out of the three non cum boy guests only the guy from Legion of Skanks did anything that wasn't totally hacky and it didn't go over because he's not funny.

I posted before I was finished listening to the show. Nick, Stav, and Adam picked it up but out of everyone on that show only Nick had a good set. They should just do a panel instead of short individual sets.

AndrewP posted:

podcast live shows always suck

I agree. WTF pulls it off sometimes but you still have to listen to Maron so not really.

Regulus74
Jul 26, 2007

yoober posted:

what the hell did nick do hes trending on twitter and everyone is mad at him

Someone discovered his account last night and that led to a ton of other people discovering it as well.

He's not even on twitter and he's trending. It's like he's created a perpetual motion machine that makes people hate him. A perpetual hate machine. It rules.

E:f;b

Regulus74
Jul 26, 2007

Cael posted:

I've never been prouder to be a Cum Town fan than today. Nick is the hero we need and deserve.

Seriously. People rage about him for hours then like 40 women post nudes to calm everyone down and it works. And he hasn't even been on twitter for over a month.

Regulus74
Jul 26, 2007
If you read her thread, it sounds like a bunch of women privately told stories about some guy sexually harassing a bunch of women in the LA improv scene so Nick was proactive about it and got the guy "taken down" (ruined his career? idk) without forcing anyone to go public and retraumatizing them.

Also unlike every other person who's blocked me despite never having interacted with me I've literally never heard of this Erika person before. I mean I still don't know who Kath Barbadoro is or what she does but at least I heard her on Chapo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regulus74
Jul 26, 2007

incoherent posted:

She is mad that (men, obv) didn't take their stories at face value? Did they actually name\shame this guy?

It reads like they named him but the part about wanting proof I'm guessing means they were vague about what he did.

I totally understand wanting to avoid forcing people to be publicly explicit about traumatic poo poo but pulling some "the means don't justify the ends" poo poo to make Nick look like the bad guy for saving them all from having to do that is really disingenuous.

• Locked thread