Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

G-Hawk posted:

id take it just for the extra practices

Sure - I'd love to watch another game, but who coaches? Traylor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
https://twitter.com/ToddFuhrman/status/802918064828186624?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sab0921 posted:

The most Charlie Strong thing ever is Texas possibly making a bowl game at 5-7 due to Graduation Rates.

You were a good man Charlie, you should travel the country cleaning up hosed up, dysfunctional programs. You will look good in Baylor Green

Honestly, that would be amazing. A coach with strong moral character, going around cleaning up the dirtiest programs. Except he'd probably just set Penn State on fire.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

that navy line seems really low to me but I guess i haven't watched a ton of temple recently

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
Hawaii is going bowling yall

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
i was at the psu game yesterday and it was loving bonkers. the stadium loving exploded when the ohio state score went final. coincidentally, that was also when the team got their poo poo together and started dropping omega bombs all over sparty. it was a great day at the stadium and this year has been so much more than i really could have expected. just unreal. this is still drat near the youngest team in all of college football too. psu is back, yall

also i'm bummed that sparty won't be the last game of the year anymore. it's been that way for awhile and i always really enjoy the dog fight for the land grant trophy. also it's always a good excuse to get the hell out of town after thanksgiving early and playing maruyland or rutgers won't be nearly as good. my two favorite live game memories now are from sparty games so it's lame

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Tyrannosaurus posted:

Hawaii is going bowling yall

That seriously is amazing, they looked like they were going to be in the running for worst FBS team going into the year.

Iowa is somehow ranked again! I have no idea how that happened but yaaay

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

MourningView posted:

that navy line seems really low to me but I guess i haven't watched a ton of temple recently

That seems low to me too considering Temple got rolled by Army to start the year. They have been playing a lot better recently, so hopefully they figured out the triple option by now

I know OkSt never wins Bedlam, but 14 point dogs? ouch

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

That seems low to me too considering Temple got rolled by Army to start the year. They have been playing a lot better recently, so hopefully they figured out the triple option by now

I know OkSt never wins Bedlam, but 14 point dogs? ouch

Navy's offense has also quietly been one of the best in the country, especially for the last month or so. I know it's hard to commit to the triple option but I really hope someone gives their OC a look for HC job this offseason. They are a thing of beauty when they're really humming, and they have been this year, despite losing their best QB since, like, Staubach.

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

VT only +8? Sign me up, I hope it's that close

downout
Jul 6, 2009

falz posted:

So the rankings going in to the weekend were

1 - Alabama (0 loss)
2 - Ohio State (1 loss)
3 - Michigan (1 loss)
4 - Clemson (1 loss)
5 - Washington (1 loss)
6 - Wisconsin (2 loss)
7 - Penn State (2 loss)

I would think they would do this at the top:

1 - Alabama (0 loss)
2 - Clemson (1 loss) +1
3 - Ohio State (1 loss) -1
4 - Washington (1 loss) +1
5 - Wisconsin (2 loss) +1
6 - Penn State (2 loss) +1
7 - Michigan (2 loss) -4

That way they could seamlessly flip flop Washington and B10 champ after its outcome without anyone moving lots of spots.

Edit: per a few posts down, also would keep Bama from playing Clemson first round.

I don't see the committee putting Michigan behind PSU/Wisconsin. I could see some argument for Wisconsin over UM, but PSU has a similar record as UM and lost to them. Bet PSU gets boned by OSU for the playoff spot even with a BIG champ win. Here is my Tuesday prediction:

1 - Alabama (0 loss)
2 - Ohio State (1 loss)
3 - Clemson (1 loss) +1
4 - Washington (1 loss) +1
5 - Michigan (2 loss) -2
6 - Wisconsin (2 loss)
7 - Penn State (2 loss)

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy
Wisconsin played a better game vs OSU than Michigan did, but Wisconsin got absolutely destroyed in Michigan (but somehow only lost by 7). Could go either way but they probably put Washington at 4 over the two of them

Roargasm fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Nov 27, 2016

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
From a money standpoint, is it better to get poo poo housed in the Peach Bowl against Bama or winning the Rose Bowl against someone like Wisconsin?

Personally kind of prefer option 2 to 1. Plus the Rose Bowl has the tradition of being where the best Pac12 team goes, so I'm all for that.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
ACTUALLY all the michigan fans I know would like to point out that michigan didn't lose, the refs stole the game from them. namaste

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Roargasm posted:

Wisconsin played a better game @OSU than Michigan did, but Wisconsin got absolutely destroyed in Michigan (but somehow only lost by 7). Could go either way but they probably put Washington at 4 over the two of them

The Ohio State/Wisconsin game was in Wisconsin.

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me

korrandark posted:

The Ohio State/Wisconsin game was in Wisconsin.

indeed, my bad

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Detroit_Dogg posted:

ACTUALLY all the michigan fans I know would like to point out that michigan didn't lose, the refs stole the game from them. namaste

Goonies never say die

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

i am glad that the wisconsin badgers are going to the B10 championship game and I hope they beat the school that facilitated the rape of children, Pennsylvania State University. G*d bless.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

How the hell is Nebraska still ranked?

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

Detroit_Dogg posted:

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Anyway, what happened to OSU is pretty much exactly what happened to me in my NCAA dynasty a couple seasons ago. My #3 ranked Colorado Buffaloes didn't get to play in the Pac 12 title game because Arizona inexplicably won the conference with an 8-4 record (undefeated in conference because I accidentally simmed my game against them and lost). I got left out of the BCS national championship, but if there was a playoff system in my game, I'm pretty sure I would have played in the playoffs that season

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Thank you for reminding me that Brady Hoke's first season accomplishments were as good as Harbaugh can hope to have in year 2 with 40+ seniors.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I'll poo poo in my pants if UF stays within 21 of Bama. I'm betting 35+ deficit easily.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

DrunkPanda posted:

How the hell is Nebraska still ranked?

Above an Iowa team that just beat them by 30 in one poll. Although Iowa being ranked is also weird. There are not very many good teams this year

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Henchman of Santa posted:

Thank you for reminding me that Brady Hoke's first season accomplishments were as good as Harbaugh can hope to have in year 2 with 40+ seniors.

:looks at Michigan's depth chart:

:stare: It's like every starter except QB, and probably Peppers will go pro.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Sab0921 posted:

The most Charlie Strong thing ever is Texas possibly making a bowl game at 5-7 due to Graduation Rates.

You were a good man Charlie, you should travel the country cleaning up hosed up, dysfunctional programs. You will look good in Baylor Green

I thought I misread the OP when I saw that Texas was in there.

What bowl games does Texas have a shot at being in?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

LeeMajors posted:

I'll poo poo in my pants if UF stays within 21 of Bama. I'm betting 35+ deficit easily.

The FSU UF differential last year was 25, and this year was 18.

Last year's SECCG game was only 14 points with Treon Harris.

Maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised? But injured to death?

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Coincidentally, all the MSU fans I know would like to talk about Michigan losing because their team loving sucks and got steamrolled again yesterday

Michigan lost 2 games, both on the road, both on the last play of the game, one in double overtime against the #2 team in the country. Beat both Big 10 division champs and a Pac 10 division champ. Yeah, our fans are crying about it, but that's still a hell of a season. It's too bad they went into a shell and Wilton Speight forgot how to pass against Iowa or they'd easily be in the playoff. gently caress you Mourningview and any other possibly existing Iowa fans :colbert:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

also hearing some reports that the Michigan-Ohio State game was rife with uncalled holding penalties

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

R.D. Mangles posted:

also hearing some reports that the Michigan-Ohio State game was rife with uncalled holding penalties

Whoa whoa, you can't just throw accusations like that around. This goes all the way to the top!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Coincidentally, all the MSU fans I know would like to talk about Michigan losing because their team loving sucks and got steamrolled again yesterday

Michigan lost 2 games, both on the road, both on the last play of the game, one in double overtime against the #2 team in the country. Beat both Big 10 division champs and a Pac 10 division champ. Yeah, our fans are crying about it, but that's still a hell of a season. It's too bad they went into a shell and Wilton Speight forgot how to pass against Iowa or they'd easily be in the playoff. gently caress you Mourningview and any other possibly existing Iowa fans :colbert:

what's the W-L column say pal

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

pillsburysoldier posted:

The FSU UF differential last year was 25, and this year was 18.

Last year's SECCG game was only 14 points with Treon Harris.

Maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised? But injured to death?

Who knows. I may not even watch the game. Such an ugly lovely team.

Who am I kidding I almost certainly will. gently caress me.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

LeeMajors posted:

Who knows. I may not even watch the game. Such an ugly lovely team.

Who am I kidding I almost certainly will. gently caress me.

https://twitter.com/GrahamHall_/status/802741608349396992

You gotta watch, just because that kid believes that much.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

pillsburysoldier posted:

I do like watching people get their spirits broken in grisly fashion.

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!
Well, you gotta give em credit that at least they don't give up (in public)

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

pillsburysoldier posted:

Not too smart though

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me

pillsburysoldier posted:

retard strength is an often underlooked x-factor

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Michigan fans are now investigating the past of three of the refs involved in the game. Looking for connections to the state of Ohio. Internet Detectives are the best.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
Man if UF somehow beats Alabama FSU becomes transitive SEC champs.

I still can't cheer for them. :ohdear: But I hope they put on a two order of magnitude better offensive showing than yesterday or poo poo's going to get out of hand. Teez Tabor is a loving baller, maybe they'll just throw at him all night long and never run?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

quote:

Teez Tabor is a loving baller, maybe they'll just throw at him all night long and never run?

He was doing the Tomahawk Chop with the student section either before or after the Francois rushing td

• Locked thread