Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
He was short - but there is no way you can overturn that without a direct angle (like that picture from the stands or whatever that wasn't available to the replay crews)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Lessail posted:

I'm still mad about how UNLV rolled over and gave the cannon back to Reno. The coaches and players failed.

i'm really glad we have you giving us the scoop out of the mountain west. i mean that sincerely. im also very glad your team plays a game over a cannon

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Henchman of Santa posted:

That's a lot of words about how not mad you are.

Also your own fanbase still does the Ohio thing and it makes me sad.

It's really disrespectful to the Ohio University Bobcats.

Or maybe it's not. But it is fun to confuse people who do that by shifting to talking about OU.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Michigan State wants to be like one of the most successful programs in college football.....my god

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Fundamentally, every MSU fan and player's greatest wish is to become Ohio State.

Fundamentally, every MSU fan and player's greatest wish is to be a successful football program which also beats its rival most of the time.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
*the rick and morty cover of Hurt starts playing in the background*

could....could it be? say it isn't so coach dantonio....tell me you didn't model the program you built after other successful programs you've been a part of!!

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

i'm really glad we have you giving us the scoop out of the mountain west. i mean that sincerely. im also very glad your team plays a game over a cannon

There's some other Mountain West posters like Ross. It's just an eh conference and my team is a terrible one that can't get excited about a rivalry game.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Don't take this the wrong way but I'd really like my favorite team to beat Iowa, Kansas, Kansas State, West Virginia, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas Tech, TCU, and Baylor every year.

hosed up, I know.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I'd be pretty stoked to beat just half of those teams in a given year, really.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Detroit_Dogg posted:

*the rick and morty cover of Hurt starts playing in the background*

could....could it be? say it isn't so coach dantonio....tell me you didn't model the program you built after other successful programs you've been a part of!!

Fun fact: that's the original, not the cover. Johnny Cash's version is the cover.

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!

falz posted:

Isn't the first down marker a few inches before the yard line? That appears to be where the ball is.

Why don't they go put a camera man sitting on the down marker, or just wrangle the stupid cable cam to go there in 100% of 4th down situations.

The first down marker is a whole yard from the solid line. Barretts rear end is a little behind it and the number 1 on his jersey is the first down line.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I am thankful that we did not lose to the closest team in the conference to us, Iowa State. I hate this stupid conference and want to just join the MAC.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I wish my team had lost to Ohio State instead of goddamn Vanderbilt

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
yo marquis helpful ~posting tips~ if ur dumb team loses then you type more about it than the ppl going "lol ur dumb team lost" you have lost the battle friendo

also friendly reminder auburn sucks and we dont even have to win the SEC championship to go to the playoff hell yeah nick saban owns

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

I wish my team had lost to Ohio State instead of goddamn Vanderbilt

Does vandy have the "championship of life" belt now or how does this work

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

Asproigerosis posted:

I am thankful that we did not lose to the closest team in the conference to us, Iowa State. I hate this stupid conference and want to just join the MAC.

We're full

falz
Jan 29, 2005

01100110 01100001 01101100 01111010

Wickerman posted:

The first down marker is a whole yard from the solid line. Barretts rear end is a little behind it and the number 1 on his jersey is the first down line.
I don't see any pics with the actual down markers, but all of the TV screenshots show the yellow "unofficial" line to be overlapped with the actual yard marker, not a yard beyond.

I really don't care, just to me it looks like he either got it by 1" or was short by 1" and while watching the game it certainly didn't look like a bad call to me.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

falz posted:

I don't see any pics with the actual down markers, but all of the TV screenshots show the yellow "unofficial" line to be overlapped with the actual yard marker, not a yard beyond.

I really don't care, just to me it looks like he either got it by 1" or was short by 1" and while watching the game it certainly didn't look like a bad call to me.

*in an extremely Marquis de Pyro voice* Well, actually,

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!
That replay made it impossible to overturn, that's definitely true. Honestly, if we had made the 20yd field goal we wouldn't have even seen OT. I'm surprised we won considering how poorly Barrett was throwing and how terrible that R OL tackle was. Hell, our defense and those turnovers were the only reason we were still in the game around the 4th quarter. Michigan is a drat good team this year, it's sad how many seniors they'll lose but hopefully Harbaugh recruiting brought some talent in.

Also, I think Harbaugh is hilarious (esp his milk commercials) but I think he should try and issue some kind of statement to apologize for his emotional outburst

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Wickerman posted:

Also, I think Harbaugh is hilarious (esp his milk commercials) but I think he should try and issue some kind of statement to apologize for his emotional outburst

90% of his fanbase is going to laud him for showing "passion" and "heart" and "desire to win". He won't have to apologize for poo poo.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

DJExile posted:

90% of his fanbase is going to laud him for showing "passion" and "heart" and "desire to win". He won't have to apologize for poo poo.

Truth. Donald J. Trump is gonna be president, nobody has to apologize for poo poo.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
big 10 east was clearly the best division in all of college football this year and well....lmfao michigan and ohio state both got loving owned in it.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the only thing worth rooting for in an ohio state-michigan game is a dumb referee controversy that involves each fanbase doing what it does best-- michigan fans filling the internet with their how dare you sir huff and puffery or ohio state fans smashing things with other things

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If psu wins the big 10 I'd rather them play the rose bowl then get annihilated by a pro team

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
I think it would be hilarious if Alabama rested their starters in the SECCG.

SmellsLikeToast
Dec 30, 2005

A GREATER MAN THAN I DESERVE

Noctone posted:

I think it would be hilarious if Alabama rested their starters in the SECCG.

They absolutely could, and still win handily.

But they absolutely would never even consider it.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

I kinda wanted Ohio State to lose but Michigan fan meltdown is so much better.

Apex Rogers
Jun 12, 2006

disturbingly functional

falz posted:

Isn't the first down marker a few inches before the yard line? That appears to be where the ball is.

Why don't they go put a camera man sitting on the down marker, or just wrangle the stupid cable cam to go there in 100% of 4th down situations.

The yellow line put there by ABC doesn't always match up with the real line to gain. Since this was the first series of OT2, OSU had started first down at the 25 yard line. That means they needed to get to the 15 yard line itself, not a few inches before. It's too bad they didn't have a better angle.

Regarding the picture, it shows Barrett against the blocker in front of him. That's pretty much as far forward as he would have gotten. But who knows, it's just a still frame and there's no way to say that he didn't get a little bit further. I mainly just wanted to post a better view than that first image that has been going around.

I do think the PI calls and non-calls were much more blatant though. There's no way OSU only committed two penalties all game. The refs were bad, plain and clear. But they had much less effect on the outcome than Michigan shooting themselves in the foot. Bad offensive playcalling, turning it over repeatedly, the defense deciding not to spy Barrett and letting him run for 40 yards and later a TD. If Michigan does their job correctly, the refs' influence doesn't mean a thing.

One last thing, I freely admit Jim Harbaugh is a wild rear end in a top hat at times and him blowing up over that justified offside call was ridiculous. I have to wonder if having the coach blow up like that rattles the players a little bit. Hard to stay focused when your coach is acting like a jackass.

bvlah
Aug 21, 2003
A stupid typo
I learned today there is an air force player named WESTON STEELHAMMER

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

bvlah posted:

I learned today there is an air force player named WESTON STEELHAMMER

Yep. He continues a long line of service academy players with incredible names (e.g. Trent Steelman, Wave and Blaze Ryder).

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Jackasses like you and me get to whine about uncalled holding and speculation on where the first down line really was. Head coaches have to keep it at the serious stuff like fifth downs and getting hosed on onside kicks, you know, the stuff that will get you a formal apology letter.

Shappa
Jan 22, 2005

You probably don't know her, she goes to a different school
As expected Auburn played a very vanilla game on offense against Alabama and was beat handily. Having White out was pretty much a death sentence before the game even started but Jeremy Johnson laid an absolute egg in his (basically) finale in Auburn colors.

The thing that really bothered me about this game was that Alabama really didn't play well, especially in the first half. The game was there for the taking and yet all our offense could muster was a very predictable and ineffective scheme that was immediately stopped by the 'Bama defense. This wasn't a problem exclusive to this game, and I think going into the off season the fact that our offense looked so lost at the start and end of the season is the major talking point.

There's a lot of potential for this team going into next year, 2016 was also the emergence of a defense which could finally be relied on, a first in many years of Auburn football. It will be interesting to see what Gus and Rhett Lashlee come up with during this offseason, I'd expect both their seats to be warm going into next year, with the potential for the to get very hot if the offense doesn't immediately show improvements and an ability to function at the level expected.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm so glad that now, 5 years later, we Bama fans get to sit back and watch everyone else bitch about "IF YOU CAN'T EVEN WIN YOUR OWN DIVISION WHY THE gently caress SHOULD YOU BE ALLOWED TO PLAY FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP?!?"

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

As you continue to read insane UofM and Sparty rants, I'd just like to remind you that it further justifies WMU as the best team in the state. No losses, no obnoxious fanbase representation on the forum (besides me), and still manages to have a delightfully quirky coach that no one rooting for other schools knows whether to love or hate. Vote WMU, Boatrower U, as your State of Michigan football representative, and god bless

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

Hustlin Floh posted:

I'm so glad that now, 5 years later, we Bama fans get to sit back and watch everyone else bitch about "IF YOU CAN'T EVEN WIN YOUR OWN DIVISION WHY THE gently caress SHOULD YOU BE ALLOWED TO PLAY FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP?!?"

"2 of the best four teams are in the same conference in the same division"

*head explodes*

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

mercenarynuker posted:

As you continue to read insane UofM and Sparty rants, I'd just like to remind you that it further justifies WMU as the best team in the state. No losses, no obnoxious fanbase representation on the forum (besides me), and still manages to have a delightfully quirky coach that no one rooting for other schools knows whether to love or hate. Vote WMU, Boatrower U, as your State of Michigan football representative, and god bless

My sister went there and I went to many a game during the Tim Hiller era so I'm all in. Hopefully Fleck coaches the bowl game.

My sister also doesn't understand why playing in an NY6 bowl is such a huge deal.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

mercenarynuker posted:

They unironically are.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Henchman of Santa posted:

My sister went there and I went to many a game during the Tim Hiller era so I'm all in.

Oh god Tim Hiller, that poor bastard. He deserved a much better team around him.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

mercenarynuker posted:

Also they have players 'rowing' their stretchers as they get carted off which is awesome.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

Roasted Donut posted:

They unironically are.

They're actually the best of the midwest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Central Michigan embarrassing Okie State in controversial fashion, Western Michigan going undefeated in the regular season, Eastern Michigan becoming bowl eligible for the first time since the mid-80s.

It's the Year of Directional Michigan

• Locked thread