Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!
That is assuming that Huskies beat the Cougs, who, based on the Great Saturday Upsets, makes it look like that isn't guaranteed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!
No one else in the country has a quality win like yesterday. If Oklahoma wins, they're out because of loss to tOSU. Yeah Washington, but if PSU wins next Saturday they will have two high quality wins. I could see Washington going in over Wisconsin though (tOSU win head-to-head).

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!

Sash! posted:

All I see is a good team that proved they didn't win enough games to win their own division, on the field.

Should we even discuss Clemson, or are you ok now

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!
Ed Orgeron getting choked up makes me sad. I'm bandwagoning so hard right now

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!

Thoguh posted:

second time in three years that they've gone out of their way to include Ohio State when Ohio State shouldn't be in.

Uhh, 2014 the committee made the right call. Baylor lost in their bowl game to MSU, and they were the Big 12 fav.

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!

BEHOLD: MY CAPE posted:

But at the same time, the lone loss they handed Ohio State kept them out of the playoffs and sent them to the Fiesta Bowl, where the hate loving they gave Notre Dame also destroyed the program. Sometimes there is a beautiful rhyme and reason to everything that happens on this gay football earth

same, i wonder if kelly lasts more than 1 more season at the irish before hes in the unemployment line

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!
Well, you gotta give em credit that at least they don't give up (in public)

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

this is the michigan difference

I don't think that we're understanding that the first down mark wasn't the solid, rather it was the previous hash. That image clearly shows him over.

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!

falz posted:

Isn't the first down marker a few inches before the yard line? That appears to be where the ball is.

Why don't they go put a camera man sitting on the down marker, or just wrangle the stupid cable cam to go there in 100% of 4th down situations.

The first down marker is a whole yard from the solid line. Barretts rear end is a little behind it and the number 1 on his jersey is the first down line.

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!
That replay made it impossible to overturn, that's definitely true. Honestly, if we had made the 20yd field goal we wouldn't have even seen OT. I'm surprised we won considering how poorly Barrett was throwing and how terrible that R OL tackle was. Hell, our defense and those turnovers were the only reason we were still in the game around the 4th quarter. Michigan is a drat good team this year, it's sad how many seniors they'll lose but hopefully Harbaugh recruiting brought some talent in.

Also, I think Harbaugh is hilarious (esp his milk commercials) but I think he should try and issue some kind of statement to apologize for his emotional outburst

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!
If the B1G champ is PSU and they put tOSU in over PSU, I as a tOSU fan will still be upset because the committee has basically undermined the integrity of the playoff. When regular seasons and conference championships don't matter anymore, then you have a problem.

It is better to leave a weak conference out than it is to leave a strong conference champion out for someone else in the same conference, let alone the same division.

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!

theflyingexecutive posted:

I'm a PSU fan who thinks people who use the abbreviation "tOSU" have diseased loving brains, but I agree.

you do realize that oklahoma state is also abbreviated OSU right?

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!

swickles posted:

So does Oregon State. Also did you know that USC can mean either University of South Carolina or University of Southern California?

you are a very wise man

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!
I hope Washington loses and Michigan goes in at #4. That would be a crazy playoff

Bama v Michigan

Clemson v tOSU

heil satan!

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!
last rose bowl for PSU was 1995, when it roasted the Oregon ducks

talk about opportunities for nittany lions to get back on the national recruiting stage once more

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!

Cthulu Carl posted:

Also so I can make PSU seamen jokes on this forum.

why wait

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!

Henchman of Santa posted:

The third best at large P5 team will literally never win so who cares

w/e

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!
a Nittany lIon mauls a crimson tide elephant

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!
Rip mark helfrich

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!
Glory to les miles and the Purdue boilermakers

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!
i think we've processed the fact that this subforum hates tosu for just existing and there is no point in trying to rationalize to 50% of this thread what has already been rationalized by the other 50% of the posters in this thread

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!
clemson shouldnt be in the top 25 by this metric, so michigan is going. glad we settled this!

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!

Rad Valtar posted:

Says the man who bitched endlessly about Conference Champ Ohio State getting in two years ago.

He is an Iowa State fan. Of course he is going to blindly rep the big 12 like some rivals.com poster

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!

Time posted:

Getting three big ten schools in there would actually be hilarious when bama vanquishes all of them

except it aint a round robin

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!
i would watch a michigan tosu rematch, idk about all yall

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!
then joe burrow who has looked far more impressive in the pass game than jt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wickerman