Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Here is the thread where they're showing what still needs to be done
https://forums.stellabellum.net/index.php?topic=863.0

Seems to be not much left to do.

e: Have the link for the download/patcher for the new page

Ahdinko posted:

Thanks alex, i'm in. Ready for server takeover if it doesn't poo poo itself on day 1 due to load.

Client install guide is here, it downloads the full SWG client for you:
https://forums.stellabellum.net/index.php/topic,576.0.html

Use the bit for "option 2's 2nd option"

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Dec 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

^ Well gently caress me sideways nevermind.

So to play SWG in any of these projects do I need to magically figure out where my 12 year old CD are? I feel like the game came with like 6 of those fuckers for the install.

akma
Jan 30, 2016

I simply lack the motivation to write anything here.

Conskill posted:

To be fair, it's still pretty early in the day.

I won't be shocked if they delay again, but I haven't foreclosed on hope that they'll launch today.

True. I cancelled 2 meetings in hopes of launch today. Oh well. Guess I'll kill the time by opening up eve online and watching my ship spin.

akma
Jan 30, 2016

BadLlama posted:

^ Well gently caress me sideways nevermind.

So to play SWG in any of these projects do I need to magically figure out where my 12 year old CD are? I feel like the game came with like 6 of those fuckers for the install.

Look at the post just above your's. It has links to download all you need for Stella Bellum.

Bear in the Woods
Jun 1, 2013
If the servers get bumrushed early on, would it be better to start with Tansarii or skip straight to Tatooine? I forget how much xp you can get doing everything in the Tutorial area

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
If the servers are getting hammered, skip straight to Tatooine. There's some thing about the tutorial area is instanced and they can only support so many instances at once, so if you go in to the tutorial and its full, you get placed into some kind of queue

Bear in the Woods
Jun 1, 2013

Ahdinko posted:

If the servers are getting hammered, skip straight to Tatooine. There's some thing about the tutorial area is instanced and they can only support so many instances at once, so if you go in to the tutorial and its full, you get placed into some kind of queue

I recall them saying something about that, was just curious if skipping it boned you in some way gear or xp wise.

Though if I recall, the first character you make gets forced there either way, correct?

Registered Loser
Dec 29, 2006

I think Mos Eisley became the main hub after the NGE right? Maybe we should congregate there.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

akma posted:

True. I cancelled 2 meetings in hopes of launch today. Oh well. Guess I'll kill the time by opening up eve online and watching my ship spin.

They said it's still on for today but it might be a couple hours into tomorrow (sometime in the very early morning for US I'd imagine)

Conskill
May 7, 2007

I got an 'F' in Geometry.
They updated the "Are we there yet?" post a few minutes ago with an ETA of 7-8pm Pacific.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Do I have to download that whole 5 GB thing or if I already have SWG installed from SWGEmu am I good to go?

Red87
Jun 3, 2008

The UNE will prevail.

Arven posted:

Do I have to download that whole 5 GB thing or if I already have SWG installed from SWGEmu am I good to go?

This is NGE content so you probably have 6-7 years of patches you're missing - regular SWGEmu is only Pre-CU content. Download that 5GB patch.

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

"To win in battle, know your enemy. To win in life, know your weakness."
- Miyamoto Musashi
Definitely best to use their patcher to get everything.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
They added in the ability to have main and nested accounts for multi-logging from the same IP.
Limit seems to be 6 non-test center ones per IP.

Setup for it is here https://login.stellabellum.net/user/index

akma
Jan 30, 2016

About 2am EST, they said: "Live will be a bit delayed. Darth went to bed after ~48 hours and while some of us are doing configurations we need him to do final adjustments tomorrow.
Sorry about that - we wish you happy holidays!"

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
I wanted to get this set up, but when I launch the StellaPatcher the first time I set a directory, and it crashed, now when I start it every time it gives a "StellaPatcher has stopped working" popup.

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

- Miyamoto Musashi

LumberingTroll posted:

I wanted to get this set up, but when I launch the StellaPatcher the first time I set a directory, and it crashed, now when I start it every time it gives a "StellaPatcher has stopped working" popup.

Try running as admin

Midgetman
Feb 19, 2010

LumberingTroll posted:

i get this too

Levarris posted:

Try running as admin

Didnt help

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
*edit* Looks like mine is doing it now too. If you download the whole game from that thread that was linked earlier, you can just run SwgClient_r directly from the folder and it works fine. I'm on the test center right now learning how to play NGE.

Arven fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Dec 24, 2016

akma
Jan 30, 2016

The patcher stopped working last night. Even for those who already had it installed and working. Server side issue.

akma
Jan 30, 2016

Arven posted:

*edit* Looks like mine is doing it now too. If you download the whole game from that thread that was linked earlier, you can just run SwgClient_r directly from the folder and it works fine. I'm on the test center right now learning how to play NGE.

They have a blue frog up in Mos Eisley. It'll allow you to jump to level 90, let you become a master pilot, and supply you with free gear for testing, etc.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
"Live will be a bit delayed, sorry about that! We wish you happy holidays!
We're spread thin right now to finish the final configurations today but will continue working once we are back from the festivities."

Definitely not today or tomorrow.

Conskill
May 7, 2007

I got an 'F' in Geometry.

Alexander DeLarge posted:

"Live will be a bit delayed, sorry about that! We wish you happy holidays!
We're spread thin right now to finish the final configurations today but will continue working once we are back from the festivities."

Definitely not today or tomorrow.

Yeah, they just updated with "on or before the 31st," so another week out.

I don't begrudge a volunteer project taking Christmas off, God knows I'm taking Christmas off from my work, but I do wish they'd had put a bit more foresight into the two scrapped release dates.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
Eh, its an unpaid volunteer project run by people in their evenings after work. I cant do anything like this myself and its free so im not going to judge them for not going into crunch time on christmas day

akma
Jan 30, 2016

Ahdinko posted:

Eh, its an unpaid volunteer project run by people in their evenings after work. I cant do anything like this myself and its free so im not going to judge them for not going into crunch time on christmas day

Yeah. Can't complain really. So I'm taking advantage of the wait to play on their test server in the mean time and trying to remember templates and combinations augmentations to use with them.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Ok got a link to the full client, patched and ready to go.
http://pooprscooper.tartarus.feralhosting.com/swg/SWG_full_2.0.0.2c.7z

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Server is live, I just logged in. Actually I think its just the test center, Red-Dwarf :(

LumberingTroll fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Dec 25, 2016

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?
Yeah, that's the test center.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

TerminalSaint posted:

Yeah, that's the test center.

I was playing for a bit, it runs very well. nostalgia has gripped me and I want to play more... Def gonna rock a BH, though I wish we could keep the changes of NGU but go back to the original class/skill system.

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

- Miyamoto Musashi

LumberingTroll posted:

I was playing for a bit, it runs very well. nostalgia has gripped me and I want to play more... Def gonna rock a BH, though I wish we could keep the changes of NGU but go back to the original class/skill system.

That's always going to be a double edged sword in my opinion. As much as the original professions gave you freedom to choose, they also hindered you because of how utterly imbalanced they were. It was an illusion of actual choice since most professions were just plain broken. Not to mention topping it off with the ultimate coup d'grace a game can suffer by having an Alpha class in the form of Jedi. When wielding a glowbat is the penultimate thing one can achieve, it is the one thing the majority will spend their days working towards.

I believe if SWG launched as the NGE, it would still be running today.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
And I'd bet money if they just focused on quality of life improvements and a graphics upgrade instead of NGE it'd still be running today. All we can say for sure is that clearly NGE when it happened was a massive failure. It not only didn't grow it's customer base, but it actively turned off the customers it did have.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
I would have loved to see them iterate on the sandbox annually and add a little content in between.

I know that they were essentially working on sandbox 2.0 until they were told to make the NGE however the update was coming far too late. We should've had something September 2004.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Does NGE have doctor/entertainer buffs? As much as I loved the original game, I hated the whole buffing thing. Also, is there any disadvantage to just using auto-aim for everything in NGE? Messing around on the test center and it seems like there isn't.

Bear in the Woods
Jun 1, 2013

Arven posted:

Does NGE have doctor/entertainer buffs? As much as I loved the original game, I hated the whole buffing thing. Also, is there any disadvantage to just using auto-aim for everything in NGE? Messing around on the test center and it seems like there isn't.

There is buffing, but it isn't as necessary for content as it was in Pre-CU.

It's closer to what buffs are in other MMOs, something extra rather than something necessary.

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

Levarris posted:

I believe if SWG launched as the NGE, it would still be running today.

Other than the whole SWTOR thing.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

TerminalSaint posted:

Other than the whole SWTOR thing.

Which is the reason it was killed when it was. I don't believe it would be running today but would have lasted a couple more years if SWTOR wasn't released.

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

Even with SWTOR I think it could have gone a couple more years had it been allowed. Most of the playerbase was pretty die-hard at that point; I suspect many of them would have played both, stayed exclusive to Galaxies, and/or tried SWTOR and gone back to SWG when it didn't scratch the same itch.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
Even though I disliked NGE, it was still significantly better than SWTOR. I don't care what anyone says, but SWTOR will forever be garbage.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

2DCAT posted:

Even though I disliked NGE, it was still significantly better than SWTOR. I don't care what anyone says, but SWTOR will forever be garbage.

Look at this objectively wrong opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

Drone posted:

Look at this objectively wrong opinion.

The one you hold? :smuggo: