Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bad-yeti
Jul 29, 2004

Space Yeti.
So is this the original with Creature handlers etc. Or the nerfed one where everyone became a Jedi?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bad-yeti
Jul 29, 2004

Space Yeti.

Drone posted:

The latter.

For the former, your best bet is swgemu's Basilisk server, which is just a snapshot of the game from the last patch prior to the "Combat Upgrade" (I think Patch 13?). Still in development though. Last time a bunch of goons played there was like three years ago and it was amazing, but I don't think we'll ever get numbers of people like that again until the "live" Suncrusher server is deployed. And I don't think Creature Handler / Droid Engineer were really enjoyably playable last time, but apparently the SWGEmu development has come quite a ways in those three years?

Then awhile back we all tried again on Bloodfin, which takes a more active development role in adding new features, but that was a flash in the pan for goons.

SO you can start again as a creature handler? If it's a snapshot does that mean that it's got all the old buildings etc?

Will look that up, thank you.

bad-yeti
Jul 29, 2004

Space Yeti.
Now i'm confused so are all these different servers run by individual people all staged off the game as it was at a different point in time?

If I go for one of the newer mods then there is no creature handler character right?

bad-yeti
Jul 29, 2004

Space Yeti.
Looks like Stella Bellum is the one for me then :)

So happy i've found this.

Thank you one and all.

bad-yeti
Jul 29, 2004

Space Yeti.

Ahdinko posted:

Yeah I'm probably going to start a crafter first and try to make all the shiny things. Figured if we can get a medium size house up off the bat with some somewhat decent crafting stations in and some storage, that can serve as City/Guild HQ until we can actually make the right buildings so we can give you official glorious leader status. Plus we can use those decent crafting stations to then get some mining industry going rather than having to hand sample everything

Which version are you guys all playing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bad-yeti
Jul 29, 2004

Space Yeti.
Same, just need to wait for my copy of SWG to arrive.