Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Ok, so more setup spec (I am so sorry people).

Max is a devious scoundrel, and he's probably going to put the scumdoc behind a password each day.

So what these clever little scumbos are going to do is come up with a way to share the password with each other surreptitiously.

However they choose to do it, though, it's going to come across odd, so please look for oddly worded posts that are fitted to whatever little code they devise.

Secondly, unless there's a reaaaallly good reason to share the password and/or clues early in the day, please don't do it. We would have all had our roles in another 30 some hours, and scum would have lost a lot of time chatting.

Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Thank you Pmom, for taking pity on us idiots.

Hey not a fan of kash saying we should go after whoever has the lowest post count and then spending the next several hours artificially inflating his own with garbage

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Ok, so more setup spec (I am so sorry people).

Max is a devious scoundrel, and he's probably going to put the scumdoc behind a password each day.

So what these clever little scumbos are going to do is come up with a way to share the password with each other surreptitiously.

However they choose to do it, though, it's going to come across odd, so please look for oddly worded posts that are fitted to whatever little code they devise.

Secondly, unless there's a reaaaallly good reason to share the password and/or clues early in the day, please don't do it. We would have all had our roles in another 30 some hours, and scum would have lost a lot of time chatting.

Thanks.

okay gently caress this. Repeatedly talking about the scum doc like this is so suspicious. He keeps reiterating that specific piece of logic for EVERY GAME DAY even though we've only had one and we have no idea what setups will be like in the future. This is trash and comes from someone who has more game knowledge than the rest.

##vote tobbs

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Retro Futurist posted:

Thank you Pmom, for taking pity on us idiots.

Hey not a fan of kash saying we should go after whoever has the lowest post count and then spending the next several hours artificially inflating his own with garbage

dw RF there was literally zero chance I would ever be lowest post count

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Thanks.

this is dumb how much discussion is there on day 1 in a scumdoc

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Kashuno posted:

okay gently caress this. Repeatedly talking about the scum doc like this is so suspicious. He keeps reiterating that specific piece of logic for EVERY GAME DAY even though we've only had one and we have no idea what setups will be like in the future. This is trash and comes from someone who has more game knowledge than the rest.

##vote tobbs

So, the only thing we know is that role PM's are hidden behind a password.

The question was raised, like in the second post of the day whether the password should be shared.

My answer was, "Well, if the scumdoc is behind a password, which is entirely possible since scumdoc links are usually in role PM's, then the password should be shared at the end of the day to cripple scum."

So PMOM shared the password, you got your role, and you voted me.

Cool.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Pinterest Mom posted:

this is dumb how much discussion is there on day 1 in a scumdoc

quite a lot less if people only have access to it for an hour

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I haven't got my role I can't access dropbox at work how many loving times have I said that

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Kashuno posted:

I haven't got my role I can't access dropbox at work how many loving times have I said that

I also love how you're voting me for trying to guess whether the scum doc is going to be behind a password every day when I don't even know if it's behind a password today.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I also love how you're voting me for trying to guess whether the scum doc is going to be behind a password every day when I don't even know if it's behind a password today.

Then why do you keep repeating that statement

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Kashuno posted:

Then why do you keep repeating that statement

Because the only thing that's certain is there is zero benefit to town in sharing the password early, and a possible benefit to scum in sharing it early (unless there is a masonry, but that should have sent alarm bells suggesting that the scum doc might be similarly protected to any confirmed/unconfirmed mason doc).

So yeah, I think PMOM's outright sharing the password right after I explained why it was a bad idea was scummy.

##vote PMOM

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
for farts sake jmom.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Kashuno posted:

dw RF there was literally zero chance I would ever be lowest post count

True, but still it looks sus

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Because the only thing that's certain is there is zero benefit to town in sharing the password early, and a possible benefit to scum in sharing it early (unless there is a masonry, but that should have sent alarm bells suggesting that the scum doc might be similarly protected to any confirmed/unconfirmed mason doc).

So yeah, I think PMOM's outright sharing the password right after I explained why it was a bad idea was scummy.

:shrug:

Your explanation wasn't convincing, and the game turning into "give hints to Kashuno" is dumb

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

##vote Kashuno that was a really solid way to get everyone to do the work for you, bud, nice scum move there

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Pinterest Mom posted:

:shrug:

Your explanation wasn't convincing, and the game turning into "give hints to Kashuno" is dumb

There's no chance that the scumdoc is behind a password?

Or the scumdoc isn't a powerful tool for scum?

Which argument are you trying to make here?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

##vote PMOM

This is ridiculous on it's face. You are voting Pmom based on your inane setup speculation that you have claimed you have no idea if it is actually true or not. You also assumed a very specific circumstance for what the thing gives.

Quidthulhu posted:

##vote Kashuno that was a really solid way to get everyone to do the work for you, bud, nice scum move there

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Are you serious right now? I stated multiple times I had no access to dropbox at work and was listing poo poo out for shits and giggles. I hadn't even looked at dropbox yet because I'm AT WORK

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Wait, tobbs, are you saying you think that the scum can't even get into the doc?

Also kash c'mon man you could do it easily on your phone. I did it all from mine

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Moatillata posted:

Wait, tobbs, are you saying you think that the scum can't even get into the doc?

Also kash c'mon man you could do it easily on your phone. I did it all from mine

Oh yeah so funny story other than the fact that my phone is connected to my work wifi.

I got my identity stolen over the weekend and the card that was attached to my Apple ID was compromised so now I'm having issues switching my payment method to "none" temporarily on my iPhone which means I can't download any apps or update things that need updates

:)

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Your whole thing is based on you being right, and pmom didn't think you were, it's not that complicated

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

the second one

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Moatillata posted:

My 'role PM' only had that I was F Society and town.

My actual role was hidden behind the password.

If scum is similar, then the doc may have been behind the password as well.

Obviously I can't know if Max gave it to them in the PM or Dropbox, but if it was in Dropbox then PMOM gave scum (I think himself and his scumbros) an extra 30+ hours of chit chat.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

hold up, I've just hacked into the scum doc, this is what they're saying

code:
this is a strong scum team, I think we'll do well this game

I want to play this clean, let's agree to not bus each other
crucial!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

My 'role PM' only had that I was F Society and town.

My actual role was hidden behind the password.

If scum is similar, then the doc may have been behind the password as well.

Obviously I can't know if Max gave it to them in the PM or Dropbox, but if it was in Dropbox then PMOM gave scum (I think himself and his scumbros) an extra 30+ hours of chit chat.

lol if you think the most basic component of what makes a scum team a scum team is locked behind something that possibly could not even be solved???

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Pinterest Mom posted:

the second one

What if scum don't know who their scumbros are until they get access to the doc? We have no idea what sharing the password early does, only that it doesn't do anything to help town.

Maybe we could have gotten scum up on the block close to deadline.

I'm town, I have no idea what Max did with the scum team. I think it's highly likely you helped them, though. And I think you did it because you were helping yourself.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

What if scum don't know who their scumbros are until they get access to the doc? We have no idea what sharing the password early does, only that it doesn't do anything to help town.

I'm town, I have no idea what Max did with the scum team. I think it's highly likely you helped them, though. And I think you did it because you were helping yourself.

We specifically know that this is a game of mafia even if we ignore the hacking stuff. Scum know each other.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Kashuno posted:

lol if you think the most basic component of what makes a scum team a scum team is locked behind something that possibly could not even be solved???

Prettttty sure that's why Max brought in Podima etc. to make sure it could be figured out.

Also:

Max posted:

There is also the very real possibility that this game will supernova into a glorious unbalanced mess.

Whether or not that happens is entirely up to the players.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Prettttty sure that's why Max brought in Podima etc. to make sure it could be figured out.

Also:

It's still a mafia game

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Kashuno posted:

Oh yeah so funny story other than the fact that my phone is connected to my work wifi.

I got my identity stolen over the weekend and the card that was attached to my Apple ID was compromised so now I'm having issues switching my payment method to "none" temporarily on my iPhone which means I can't download any apps or update things that need updates

:)

True story. My sex toys are on the way now.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Pinterest Mom posted:

We specifically know that this is a game of mafia even if we ignore the hacking stuff. Scum know each other.

Ok so scum get the names of the scum team in the role PM from Max and it's not in the Dropbox.

Didn't know that thanx for info :) :) :)

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Ok so scum get the names of the scum team in the role PM from Max and it's not in the Dropbox.

Didn't know that thanx for info :) :) :)

what is this

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Kashuno posted:

It's still a mafia game

You were in Drawrof.

Max messes with people.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

You were in Drawrof.

Max messes with people.

He specifically said this isn't a bastard setup.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Hello folks I am in this game. I was busy last night but I'm ready to play.

I was literally putting big red and touchdown in for the password because I am very dumb and didn't put together from the clues people were posting in the thread that ithaca and cornell were different schools. idk why my brain didn't put that together

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Quidthulhu posted:

do you honestly believe this quidnose

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Kashuno posted:

He specifically said this isn't a bastard setup.

In that we're not all vanilla.

I'm assuming everyone else (town) got the same PM I did.

Which was basically that I was in F society, I was gonna be planted in Evil corp etc. and the message was corrupted, but I was town.

My 'role' was in dropbox. That's not standard. If I hadn't gotten into it, I'd be vanilla. I have no idea whether scum roles were all that was behind the password, or if it also had the scumdoc and teammates etc. Who can say but scum?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

BottleKnight posted:

do you honestly believe this quidnose

I think he didn't realize that with everyone hunting for the password we're not doing jokephase. It's a little unquiddy if you ask me.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

I'm going to send the PM's out now.

I'm going to re-iterate this again: This is not a bastard mod setup, you are all not secretly vanilla, there are actually roles in this game.

there is a comma between the bolded and the underlined you illiterate

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

oh you're town, ok

good to know

this post is pinging me very hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Kashuno posted:

there is a comma between the bolded and the underlined you illiterate

yeah but you can't use a power if you don't know about it dingus

• Locked thread