Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
Skyrim's procedurally generated quests are complete garbage and boring after you do 1 or 2 of them.

If Hello Games had delayed NMS any more than they did, I doubt Sean would've been able to stop navel gazing long enough to focus on content creation. I think exposure to the public and realizing that their poo poo stinks after all has done wonders for getting them focused on content. Granted, that's 100% speculation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

haveblue posted:

Finally got a chance to play around with this. I like how the freighter captains personally reward you for driving off pirates now. Bought one of the big wide battleship-looking things to get started, there doesn't seem to be a way to find it again if I fly too far away but at least summoning is free. Making warp cores seems way harder than I remember, is there any way to tell which asteroids have thamium or are we expected to mostly harvest it on planets now?

When I was meandering about I was getting an even mix of Thamium and non-Thamium asteroids, so maybe you just need to fly around a bit. That's a sample size of one system I've played in since the patch, though. YMMV

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Seems like they've been playing Astroneers and were like "Hey we could put that in our game!"

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

toiletbrush posted:

Some shots from playing the last few days...

Okay now how did you find the crashed ship. I used to cheese the hell out of crashed ships back in 1.0 and since I started playing again I can't find the transmission towers anymore. My current ship from 1.0 is ugly af and I want one of these cool class A or B ships but lol I'm not going to pay for one.

Jibo posted:

They do exist. This is the only neutral crystal I've found since the update so they must be pretty rare. This one was on a planet that doesn't even have gold.

I used to find green crystals all the time in 1.0 in caverns. It was the only way for me to reliably find gold in the early game before I realized I could just trawl for planets with gold deposits.

• Locked thread