Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Mayor Dave posted:

So, I just built storage in my base and I can't for the life of me figure out how to access it. Which menu is it under? I tried using Tab but it still just lists suit, ship, and tool.

You mean the giant cube storage things? Gotta build them outside and then access them from the terminal on the front.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
as someone who hasn't played this game since before 1.1 came out but feels like loving around in it now, what's a mildly efficient way of generating income so i can buy a freighter and all that poo poo

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

I'm also sure that Hello Games is working round the clock on the ARG and didn't just hand off a concept to a marketing agency like pretty much every other company does with ARGs

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

My biggest issue right now is figuring out a good way of making money early on so I can afford a decent freighter and start trading

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

counterpoint: the game is highly directed in 1.3, includes tons of on-screen prompts (maybe too many) and has an in-game guide with lots of suggestions on how to do basically everything

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Is there an easy way to find those dang freighters!!

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You gotta be a Real Bad Boy to see the bipedal Sentinels, location doesn't matter much I think

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

I still haven't found a single dang glyph :mad:

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Just an FYI it's cheaper to dismantle and rebuild the Terrain Manipulator than it is to recharge it

Like 25 Plutonium/25 Iron or whatever vs 1000 Plutonium

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

yes

and just dismantle/recraft it instead of recharging it

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Noooooooooo

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

How do I get a loving landing pad for my base lmao

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

The Zombie Guy posted:

For you folks playing on PS4, what do you set the motion blur and FOV settings to?

0, 90

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

My biggest problem with base layout/construction is that I always wind up having flora growing through the floors and foundations are lovely to use since they don't loving snap to any sort of grid, which makes connecting your buildings insanely difficult

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

yup

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

yes, welcome to 2018

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Mokinokaro posted:

One thing that does make me dread this patch is that it's more and more sounding like the game might now have a mandatory internet connection for most of these features.

if you can opt out of PVP entirely you should be able to play without an internet connection, you just won’t have the weekly event stuff

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

NeurosisHead posted:

I love the idea of NMS getting new awesome features that make it more like the game we were promised at launch, but how are people getting so hyped over a trailer? We already got a NMS trailer promising most of this before the game came out, look what we got that time.

Cuz there’s more than a trailer out there?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

WarpDogs posted:

I'm more annoyed that somehow the narrative has warped into Hello Games being the victim in all this. "brave game developer persevered to perfect their art despite the ire of entitled gamers!!". The fluff pieces about Sean that all released yesterday were all :jerkbag:

When you get death threats and an unending torrent of harassment because gamers can’t handle disappointment, yeah, pretty sure that makes you the victim

Jesus christ

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

The way some people talk about sean murray you’d think he loving murdered their parents or something

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Arsonide posted:

Yes, "temper your expectations" is "Sean Murray murdered my parents".

It’s been like two years and people are still posting in a thread about a game they got refunded and using words like “conned”; pardon the hyperbole but I also think moving on is healthy and some of the people posting in this thread should do it

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I've watched enough gameplay videos to realize the game is still bad/boring and will let this thread be again.

Please and thanks

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

panda clue posted:

I came to this thread to find info about NMS Next, and instead I find people still bitching and making the same exact arguments about the original release from two years ago.

Never change, goons.

Yeah it rules. Hopefully tomorrow Next will drop and we can get to talking about important stuff like how big Gek penises are or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

haveblue posted:

Geks are space frogs so they probably just have cloacas.

I'm counting the hours until the enormous changelog dump to pick through.

Okay but Vy’keen?

• Locked thread