Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

So I decided to try this out again since Steam wouldn't give me my hard-earned dollars back.

Seems a little bit better, more variability in finding elements, new equipment, etc. Spaceflight blows rear end, even with the sensitivity turned way down you're either making a gentle turn or pulling 10g's, which makes fighting pirates harder than it should be. Not that they're particularly hard.

So now freighters: I bought one, moved some high-dollar stuff into it. Does it do anything else aside from follow you around? Can you expand its storage?

And why would I want to build a base in a quintillion planet-having game? Am I supposed to stop exploring? I can store stuff there, but what's the point if I'm just going to fly off anyway?

Also, fix the horrific pop in, for christ's sake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Well, maybe this feature wasn't added for you but for the tens of thousands of people complaining about the lack of base building at launch.

True, true. I actually never really thought that building a base would ever be part of a game like this.

This coming from a nurse who refuses permanent job offers because working per diem or contract doesn't tie me down for very long...

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Alien scrote discovered

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

How do I build the stupid loving haz-mat gauntlet when there are no goddamn armorers around

edit: figured it out. Glad instructions are crystal clear and properly prioritized :thumbs:

And dammit the patch broke the "Units received" mod, uhgggggg

a mysterious cloak fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Dec 8, 2016

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

I've gotten into the habit of breaking down everything that can be on my ships, even going on 39 slots now. I upgrade warp reactors and sometimes shields and the cannon but that's it. God forbid I find a planet with venom sacs/albumen pearls/vortex cubes and don't have every possible slot to whore that stuff out.

Plus, I haven't paid for a ship in forever. Scavenge that poo poo from distress signals for free!

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Yeah, tried playing a few more hours and it's just not fun. Grinding resources and people to staff your base is complete hassle, the space combat sucks...

Osiris and astroneer are looking pretty good right now as games that actually do poo poo. Because this game is crap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

ARE THERE COSMETICS???

• Locked thread