Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Volkerball posted:

There's a lot of good ones but no great ones. Especially considering the changes with this patch. I think the best is albumen pearls

I used mordite. It takes a little bit to unlock, but once you have the ability to plant mordite flowers and turn them into lubricant it's faster than pearls on the whole because a mordite plant grows back every couple minutes and can make a couple of lubricants. My base is like a space-grow.

vv yeah, the ridiculous return made the toil worth it and even a little fun trying to see how much you could make in one swing. If lube's worth less money now pearls are probably better vv

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Mar 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

The_Doctor posted:

The ship scanner for sites of interest has always been lacking in the same way. I'll fly around looking for the little question mark (and some planets are sparse, and when one finally appears, as I approach it, I often find I'll be passing over other bases/outposts that didn't bother to show up as (?) tags. What gives?

They spawn as you search for them. I think they addressed it, but when the game first came out you could max your ship suit and tool on the first planet, just scanning and grinding

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I somehow found them all, gave them to the atlas, and hosed myself out of the black hole map markers with the wrong dialogue option.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

haveblue posted:

I lost most interest in this when they punted on supporting PSVR, honestly.

Well I'm too poor for vr and elite sounds loving baller (it honestly is odd they wouldn't make it work well with VR, any game where "you" are sitting in a chair seems obvious).

I didn't know it was coming out next week, oh my poor life

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I'll reinstall, I ditched shortly after the first big update, so if this is bigger it could be neat.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Zaphod42 posted:

Another thing is that while Hello Games toned down the press talk, the trailer they released is still 100% staged moments. They need to cut that poo poo out.

Other devs do that poo poo too but especially with space games, don't imply more than you have in the game. And other devs don't have the track record they do.

I'd prefer in-game staged moments to inscrutable meaningless action shorts like the trailers for beyond good and evil 2 have been

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Zaphod42 posted:

This is moral relativism and its pointless. There's always a bigger fish / worse crime. "I prefer meaningless action shorts like beyond good and evil 2 to outright scams like star citizen" okay cool buddy.

Its still bad.

That's totally fair too, it would obviously be better to release gameplay videos, but even in that situation you want to stage at least some stuff to make sure you show off what you want. Plus, i don't know that id trust gameplay videos any more than this considering they were the bulk of the maybe a little misleading marketing campaign to behind with.

• Locked thread