Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

i got window seats on both my flights to and from my home town for the holidays and it's frickin great! i thought about the position of the plane and the most likely direction it will take off in given wind conditions (i have autism haha) and got the best seats in the house so i can see the land durind takeoff! i farted in the guy's lap next to me when trying to get to the toilet but that's what you get for not moving out to the isle you rude dummy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

devil posted:

Who the hell says chicken "tendies". Just say tenders. Wtf

Blame 4chan for this.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?
*stays up all night drinking vodka for 5 AM flight*

*passes out through take off and landing*

*window serves as headrest to avoid aspirating own vomit*

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*watches airplane disaster movies on phone, shows neighbor when plane crashes and laughs, closes video to reveal some kind of arab symbol backgroun d*

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

*gestures towards window where the wing of the plane is visible*

There's a man out there.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

dumb and kinda scared posted:

Also, people who take window seats and don't close the blinds are assholes. There is absolutely nothing to look at until descent for landing so close it and watch a movie or sleep like a normal person.

Ask for an eye mask if you want to sleep.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
or man the gently caress up a bit

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Just lol if you pay hundreds to thousands of dollars to rent god-tier wizard powers for a few hours and do anything except stare out the window the entire time

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
*Trying to ignore the little bitch in the aisle playing Skyrim on his Nintendo Switch*

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
I'm usually on so many benzos that nothing bothers me. Also I prefer isle seat.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Scionix posted:

does anyone get mad at the people in southwest group A that sit in the aisle seat.

like gently caress dude the flight's full just sit by the window so people can grab a seat when the plane inevitably fills up GOSH

Don't fly cattle airlines.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Corky Romanovsky posted:

Ask for an eye mask if you want to sleep.

What airline hands these out?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i flew in a mighty otter float plane the other day

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

shame on an IGA posted:

Just lol if you pay hundreds to thousands of dollars to rent god-tier wizard powers for a few hours and do anything except stare out the window the entire time

why don't you like iga i just went to one then and got some up&gos (2x protein because i'm a real big boy) good prces and they support the local farmers :)

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*puts dick in hanging oxygen mask and has it inflate to a massive throbbing 4" right as the plane smashes into a mountain*

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

Burt Sexual posted:

What airline hands these out?

Respectable ones. Next time ask the flight staff something like, "excuse me, would you happen to have eye masks?" If they don't, you know they are second rate; or, you are unrealistic for expecting them to have one on a short flight.

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

I don't get why people get snobby about airlines. It's just a big frickin' metal box with seats in it no matter who you fly with. Just sit down, shut up and read a book, you can do that on any flight. Stop whinging like a 1st world millenial baby and be thankful you are even able to fly.

'But oh no this one serves me crappy pies with half an inch more leg room for an extra $200 boo hoo.'

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Burt Sexual posted:

Don't fly cattle airlines.

southwest is great what are you talking about

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

krampster2 posted:

I don't get why people get snobby about airlines. It's just a big frickin' metal box with seats in it no matter who you fly with. Just sit down, shut up and read a book, you can do that on any flight. Stop whinging like a 1st world millenial baby and be thankful you are even able to fly.

'But oh no this one serves me crappy pies with half an inch more leg room for an extra $200 boo hoo.'

i dont fly often but that's pretty much my attitude. now you can just watch movies or dick around on 20$ wifi the whole flight if you didnt plan ahead. delta has games and a nice offering of movies and tv shows and music even for the pleb seats

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

krampster2 posted:

I'm mostly just happy that I'm able to travel at 450-500mph and go places quickly that people not even a century ago were stuck taking multiple days doing.

For instance - the Empire Builder between Portland, OR and Chicago - 46 hours by train, 32 hours (straight!) by car, or less than 4 hours by non-stop flight. Yep, flying owns even if I'm crammed into the drat thing like sardines and it can be a pain in the rear end to deal with people, security, etc

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug
I'm kind of pissed that, at least in terms of speed and passenger comfort, flying today is basically the same or worse as it was in 1959 on a Boeing 707. It's well into the 21st century and I was promised everything would be hypersonic and luxurious by now. The Concorde first flew test flights in 1969, and routine pax service in 1976. When I was a kid, that kind of thing was supposed to be the Way of The Future. Now they still cram us into generic uninspired loving widebodies that still cruise at Mach 0.8 and have no space age sex appeal.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

shame on an IGA posted:

After like 2 or 3 flights you realize that gawking at same looking clouds for more than 10 minutes is dumb and you are better off doing absolutely anything else.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

dumb and kinda scared posted:

After like 2 or 3 flights you realize that gawking at same looking clouds for more than 10 minutes is dumb and you are better off doing absolutely anything else.

After like 2 or 3 years in the workforce you realize that everything is dumb and you are better off dead.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Number_6 posted:

I'm kind of pissed that, at least in terms of speed and passenger comfort, flying today is basically the same or worse as it was in 1959 on a Boeing 707. It's well into the 21st century and I was promised everything would be hypersonic and luxurious by now. The Concorde first flew test flights in 1969, and routine pax service in 1976. When I was a kid, that kind of thing was supposed to be the Way of The Future. Now they still cram us into generic uninspired loving widebodies that still cruise at Mach 0.8 and have no space age sex appeal.

If passenger comfort lead to more profits they would. It would probably take a major advance in engine technology to bring fuel costs down low enough for them to even consider improving comfort. Plus even if the major airlines offered comfortable seats for all passengers, the budget guys would find a way to do it cheaper and people traveling on a budget would still go with the cheapest.

Which is why I think budget airlines need to go. The more people who choose to go with the cheapest of the cheap, the higher the major airlines need to drive their ticket prices to stay in business.

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
One time I got a massive case of the shits 1 hour before landing after a 13 hour flight. At that point the lights had already gone up in preparation for landing. I was sweating by the time it landed. Then I grabbed my bag, pushed everyone out of the way and booked it through the terminal sprinting to the nearest bathroom just in time before my rear end exploded.

And that is the tale of how I reached a state of mental nirvana.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Sorry, two strangers, I have to pee again.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

krampster2 posted:

Low cost carriers may be more likely to cut corners with maintenance and such. Some people value on-time departure, arriving at their intended destination, and arriving safely.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Medieval Medic posted:

One time I got a massive case of the shits 1 hour before landing after a 13 hour flight. At that point the lights had already gone up in preparation for landing.

Unless the plane is literally on final approach or in the middle of crazy turbulence, on most airlines you can usually get away with just getting up and going to the bathroom whatever the signs say

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

yeah I eat rear end posted:

If passenger comfort lead to more profits they would. It would probably take a major advance in engine technology to bring fuel costs down low enough for them to even consider improving comfort. Plus even if the major airlines offered comfortable seats for all passengers, the budget guys would find a way to do it cheaper and people traveling on a budget would still go with the cheapest.

Which is why I think budget airlines need to go. The more people who choose to go with the cheapest of the cheap, the higher the major airlines need to drive their ticket prices to stay in business.

yeah imho gently caress poor people we can & should take more steps to immobilize their poor asses

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Whoops I am experiencing diarrhea. I hope you guys don't mind getting up to let me shuffle past every fifteen to twenty minutes.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Applewhite posted:

Whoops I am experiencing diarrhea. I hope you guys don't mind getting up to let me shuffle past every fifteen to twenty minutes.

The Diarrhea Experience: A Musical Extravaganza

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Number_6 posted:

Unironically bring back zeppelins. I don't care if NYC to LA would take like 48 hours, it'd be awesome to have a cabin with a proper bed and other amenities like restaurants or maybe somewhere to get a massage

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012

Works for me op.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

thathonkey posted:

yeah imho gently caress poor people we can & should take more steps to immobilize their poor asses

All I was trying to say is that there should be a minimum standard of service airlines have to meet so that companies can't keep cutting things and forcing the bigger airlines to drive up their prices to make up for the people willing to be treated like actual cattle and would probably even stand the whole flight if it meant they could save 10 bucks.

e: in other words, incentivize adding features/comfort while keeping an affordable rate to get more customers instead of racing to the bottom.

yeah I eat ass fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Nov 30, 2016

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Wow things are really small looking from up here cool!

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
I can't ever sleep on a plane because my head lolls around. But I just found a pic of a guy strapping his head to his seat with a belt, has anybody here tried this?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

artsy fartsy posted:

I can't ever sleep on a plane because my head lolls around. But I just found a pic of a guy strapping his head to his seat with a belt, has anybody here tried this?

It works if you're ok looking like a complete idiot the whole flight.

false flag post-op
May 13, 2009

Enjoy Every Sandvich

yeah I eat rear end posted:

It works if you're ok looking like a complete idiot the whole flight.

This I excel at

Phlairdon
Apr 15, 2003

If you can't stand up you can't do war!

Ocrassus posted:

Works for me op.

Get to the speed you're about to lift off, then hit the breaks REALLY hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stinky ox
Mar 29, 2007
I am a stinky ox.
scuse mate I need to nip to the bog for a slash sorry cheers ta

• Locked thread