Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

g0lbez posted:

hey i gotta use the bathroom can you get up for me? sorry...

*guy in aisle seat is woken up by old lady in middle seat as they groggily stumble into the aisle*

haha thanks sorry didn't mean to wake you

*comes back and the guy in the aisle seat is sleeping again*

hey man sorry to wake you do you think you could get up for me again so I could sit back down?

*guy in aisle seat nods while old lady in the middle seat gathers the food she was eating so she can fold up the tray back into the seat*

*is 6' 6" and legs jammed to the side due to curvature of the fuselage. Trying to sleep through the redeye but the assholes next to and in front of you insist on turning on their overhead lights to read*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I'd also like to add that anyone who reclines their seat in economy is a selfish prick and the only person worse than them is the airlines who include a recline function on economy seats when there is no room for it.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

Fog Tripper posted:

*is 6' 6" and legs jammed to the side due to curvature of the fuselage. Trying to sleep through the redeye but the assholes next to and in front of you insist on turning on their overhead lights to read*

We already covered this. Either spend $1 on an eye mask, or see if the cabin crew have them.

Some airlines have slippers, ffs.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
I want that Saudi Airbus A380 flying palace all to myself.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
It seems pretty easy to gain access to the 747 based flying suite.

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012

Corky Romanovsky posted:

It seems pretty easy to gain access to the 747 based flying suite.

:yikes:

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
*Chokes down a bunch of xanax and a glass of wine. Puts on neck pillow, sleeping mask, and noise canceling headphones. Sleeps through the entire flight. Wakes up at destination a little woobly but refreshed, stands up, blood clot forming in knee finally wiggles its way free, blood clot lodges in brain. Dies.*

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I've had at least five bloodclots from flying, it is some bullshit.

grellgraxer
Nov 28, 2002

"I didn't fight a secret war in Nicaragua so you can walk these streets of freedom bad mouthing lady America, in your damn mirrored su

sinking belle posted:

Unironically bring back zeppelins. I don't care if NYC to LA would take like 48 hours, it'd be awesome to have a cabin with a proper bed and other amenities like restaurants or maybe somewhere to get a massage

You may be on to something. How many people could a top of the line zeppelin carry? Trip will probably cost thrice as much as a first class plane ticket, but I think the tickets would sell.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
i dont fly. do people really take their shoes and socks off on planes? i cant handle that poo poo man

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Ocrassus posted:

Works for me op.

fly into a tall building

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Basically there is this 5 hour trip I used to take ever so often with Etihad, except on this particular flight they have a 737 I think, so business class is those dumbass chairs where the TV screen is inside an armrest and you need to fold it back if you need to get up. There is basically too much crap for just one chair so the normal procedure to go pee while you are medium level drunk goes like this.

1. Fold the screen into armrest
2. Pillow? Ok, pillow helpfully falls behind your back, thanks pillow.
3. Encouraged by pillow's obedience boldly crumple the blanked somewhere to the side
4. Where are my shoes?
5. Press button to retract footrest so you can see the floor
6. try to put on shoes, welp forgot the belt. Unbuckle belt
7. Put on shoes
8. Stand up. Get rudely interrupted mid launch by loving headphones you forgot about

Roll luck rolls for each step to not bump into table with your drinks and crap

If you are on window seat, repeat the entire process for neighbour too. Neighbour is dazed from being woken up and flaps around meekly trying to untangle himself.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

A misanthrope posted:

i dont fly. do people really take their shoes and socks off on planes? i cant handle that poo poo man

its common to take shoes off but not socks.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Earwicker posted:

i'm still puking.

what happened to wearing your sunday best on flights. full suit and an ascot

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Earwicker posted:

Common but incredibly annoying and insensitive to your neighbors. You may not be able to smell your nasty rear end feet but we all can.

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com

hmmm, gary larsen is a lot less funny than i remember him to be.

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com

ChickenHeart posted:

"Hey, my kid's flying for the first time, mind switching seats with him so he can watch out the window?"

*Child produces a high-end tablet from their person and proceeds to stare at it for the entire 8-hour flight, pausing only to use the bathroom*

It's against FAA regulations to change seats on your own

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Common but incredibly annoying and insensitive to your neighbors. You may not be able to smell your nasty rear end feet but we all can.

I dont do it myself but it doesnt really bother me when people do because the average flight fills up with farts and the smell of terrible food after a couple hours anyway

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012

Earwicker posted:

I dont do it myself but it doesnt really bother me when people do because the average flight fills up with farts and the smell of terrible food after a couple hours anyway

the cabin is constantly swapping out air... so unless you're making GBS threads yourself or you're surrounded by people with bowel problems you shouldn't be huffing more farts than normal.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

It's against FAA regulations to change seats on your own

haha

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

hmmm, gary larsen is a lot less funny than i remember him to be.
its the berenstain/stein effect but with comedy

it also made garfield way funnier than you remember :tinfoil:

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Is manchild, pulls out vita to play panty sniffing game

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
lmao if you sit anywhere other than the back 1/3 of the plane.

also, lol:

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

artsy fartsy posted:

I can't ever sleep on a plane because my head lolls around. But I just found a pic of a guy strapping his head to his seat with a belt, has anybody here tried this?

Those loving sleep pillows are god drat useless.

My head just rolls forward. I need like a rigid neck brace.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
gently caress plane sleepers anyways. 75% of them snore and like wtf do you do, poke him and say dude stfu?

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Burt Sexual posted:

gently caress plane sleepers anyways. 75% of them snore and like wtf do you do, poke him and say dude stfu?

thats what earbuds/headphones are for

almost every flight i'm on has screaming babies snoring isnt nearly as bad

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Also the seats shouldn't even go up. Only reclined that measly 2 inches. God the relief.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Burt Sexual posted:

hold his nose closed and then put your hand over his mouth until he stops making noise

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
I took a flight back in the days of smoking. Eyes were watering after a while and couldn't see poo poo anyway.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Chlamyllionaire posted:

I took a flight back in the days of smoking. Eyes were watering after a while and couldn't see poo poo anyway.

lol I used to smoke on them. Only in the back rows. Second class citizens even then.

Earwicker posted:

thats what earbuds/headphones are for

almost every flight i'm on has screaming babies snoring isnt nearly as bad

Yeah I do that, but

A misanthrope posted:

hold his nose closed and then put your hand over his mouth until he stops making noise

It was actually my wife when we went on vaca last week. I was changing pronouns to prevent the embarrassment. Still solid advice.

High_Life
Sep 19, 2004

MIND GAMES...
I always get exit row window seat. All leg room you need and you never have to get up. About changing seats after door closes: if someone tries to take exit row middle instead of row 31 middle I tell them to get the gently caress out. I paid good money for the seat and I fly 50-60 times a year.

Go back to steerage you poor.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

yeah I eat rear end posted:

All I was trying to say is that there should be a minimum standard of service airlines have to meet so that companies can't keep cutting things and forcing the bigger airlines to drive up their prices to make up for the people willing to be treated like actual cattle and would probably even stand the whole flight if it meant they could save 10 bucks.

e: in other words, incentivize adding features/comfort while keeping an affordable rate to get more customers instead of racing to the bottom.

sounds like government regulations to me. doubt we'll be seeing many new of these any time soon.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

im still grossed out by people taking their shoes off! wtfuck you middle america moo cows this is isnt your house

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

A misanthrope posted:

im still grossed out by people taking their shoes off! wtfuck you middle america moo cows this is isnt your house

can you pls :nms: this bullshit

literally shaking

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

A misanthrope posted:

It's just a part of the body you prude.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

thathonkey posted:

can you pls :nms: this bullshit

literally shaking

FedEx Mercury posted:

It's just a part of the body you prude.

the air marshal should be allowed to open fire on these "people"

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

A misanthrope posted:

That's loving disgusting. SNEEZE ON THAT FOOT

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience
*Coach ticket in hand, sitting next to stinky guy

*Moves to business class where there are only 5 other people

*Yelled at by stewardess

*Goes back to coach, but to a different and better seat

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Professor of Cats posted:

That's loving disgusting. SNEEZE ON THAT FOOT

draw lewd doodles on the soles of those feet with a ballpoint pen until they're removed imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

A misanthrope posted:

• Locked thread