Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

projecthalaxy posted:

e:

Sometimes closed captioning works well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwfYTSdJ7kY&t=5s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Dean is face?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I actually thought of my ideal scenario. Styles retains until Rumble, loses to Taker. Taker/Cena happens at Mania, as does Ambrose/Styles, with the winner of Ambrose/Styles being #1 Contender. Cena and Ambrose win their respective matches, boom.

That'd make sense, keep everything clean, and add two awesome SD matches to Mania.

Namtab posted:

Dean is face?

Very obviously. Do people seriously believe otherwise?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Ellsworth should not be the WWE world champion.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Dean should stomp his head into bricks only to have it slip off because no chin

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

So now that Miz/Ziggler is over, who's the next IC title contender? Kalisto just got the hell beat out of him and I can't think of any other faces that aren't otherwise occupied who have done, well, anything.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
corbin should beat cena after mania

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I actually thought of my ideal scenario. Styles retains until Rumble, loses to Taker. Taker/Cena happens at Mania, as does Ambrose/Styles, with the winner of Ambrose/Styles being #1 Contender. Cena and Ambrose win their respective matches, boom.

That'd make sense, keep everything clean, and add two awesome SD matches to Mania.

Very obviously. Do people seriously believe otherwise?

I thought he was a tweener

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
or a debuting samoga joe

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Namtab posted:

I thought he was a tweener

Well I guess yeah but by that logic so is Cena because Cena takes largely face actions but can be a dick/sometimes wrestles heel depending who he's facing if his opponent gets cheered more (which I believe Dean did against AJ once). That doesn't change that Dean is a tweener in the face role, which barring some major shakeup will be the case for the foreseeable future. I won't say tweener isn't a thing but saying "he's not a face, he's a tweener" is kinda silly when it's obvious said tweener is face-leaning. AJ is also basically a tweener but heavily leaning heel.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Rick posted:

Yeah, Alexa was wonderful to start, and Ellsworth might be the best "loving moron" character ever. Talking Smack rules. I wish Bryan and Miz could wrestle again )=

if it's any consolation The Miz could never wrestle

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I don't think that hard about it

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

So now that Miz/Ziggler is over, who's the next IC title contender? Kalisto just got the hell beat out of him and I can't think of any other faces that aren't otherwise occupied who have done, well, anything.

Apollo looked like the guy but that stopped dead in its tracks, so... Slater?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

It's kane

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DOOMocrat posted:

Apollo looked like the guy but that stopped dead in its tracks, so... Slater?

Thinking maybe a debuting Joe.

I honestly don't know where this Bryan/Miz stuff is going though.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Harper

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Oatgan

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

They wouldn't do heel v heel

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

NXT spoils Joe wasn't mentioned in the current batch of tapings, to my knowledge, so either Joe is debuting over the next few days or he's going into cold storage

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Pro Wrestling Sheet says Mickie James and WWE have been in contact since Takeover and a main roster deal has been offered if she wants it

Raw gonna get more stacked

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Cant wait to see what sort of entertainment product raw gives us tonight to compete with TLC

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

Pro Wrestling Sheet says Mickie James and WWE have been in contact since Takeover and a main roster deal has been offered if she wants it

Raw gonna get more stacked

if she goes to RAW there are going to be some (even more) upset Bayley fans

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

MotU posted:

or a debuting seņor joe

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Rhonne posted:

Do you think they'll have Bryan snap and put Miz in the Yes Lock at any point? Like, I don't expect them to ever let Bryan have a match, but I don't really see how this Miz/Bryan feud can end without any kind of physical interaction.
Dave thinks it's lose/lose since he thinks the fans would want Bryan to do more than a simple returning legend "hit the big spots on Heath Slater" segment, and I agree. And honestly, as great as Bryan was, he is now a legend, and it would be a tremendous waste to take the run of Miz's life and give the rub to a non-wrestler who he can't get any offense in on .

Then again, they keep returning to the rivalry even though they were reportedly quite skittish about building anticipation for a match. So who knows.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

Cant wait to see what sort of entertainment product raw gives us tonight to compete with TLC

Everyone participate in the Sasha Banks Promo Drinking Game tonight. A sip when she calls herself the boss, half the glass if she says this has been all she wanted since she was a little girl, down the glass if her father Eddie Guerrero is mentioned

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4fKpn7NRdM

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

Sami zayn vs braun

30 minute iron man match

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

It's really too bad WWE doesn't ever give people breaks just to cool off and disappear for a while. Dean could really use one right about now.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

That DICK! posted:

It's really too bad WWE doesn't ever give people breaks just to cool off and disappear for a while. Dean could really use one right about now.

what do you mean? big show has been gone for forever now so when he comes out to wrestle shaq at mania there's gonna be a double jesus pop.

but yeah, dean could take a while off, there's not even a ppv to build to until the rumble.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

That DICK! posted:

People get breaks

When they're hurt

Getting hurt this year was the best thing that could have ever happened to Bray

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Namtab posted:

Sami zayn vs braun

30 minute iron man match

This could actually be booked right to not be a terrible shitshow.

Then again, lolwwe. also lol watching braun try to wrestling for 30 minutes

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

shiksa posted:

what do you mean? big show has been gone for forever now so when he comes out to wrestle shaq at mania there's gonna be a double jesus pop.

but yeah, dean could take a while off, there's not even a ppv to build to until the rumble.

He should just go away for a few weeks is all. he's not gonna be fighting AJ for the title anytime soon(presumably) and other than.... chase.... Ellsworth.... which, I dunno it could be fun for a single episode but after that not sure what he can do.

He hasn't been bad but I think Ambrose needs to be the anti-Authority guy. As much as people poo poo on him for not becoming the next Austin I can't imagine how Austins rocket to the top would have gone without Vince

Shane is a golly shucks baby face and Steph is incapable of showing weakness, though. So barring that plot arc I'd like Dean to ease back

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

For Dean to step back they'd need a male roster I can't count on my fingers

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Twisted Eye posted:

When Ellsworth tipped that ladder over, I was SO hoping he would set it back up, climb it, and take the belt down, thinking he'd won it, just to have it clobbered off of him by Styles

That was a good ppv, Kalisto and Corbin looked great, the right people won, and the show was short enough to fit right into my evening. Wwe putting the talking smack into the ppv recording instead of as its own broadcast was weird, but it meant I was kept guessing about how long the main was going to be

Why wasn't Becky the right person to win? Can't WWE learn how to book an interesting decently long babyface title run?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Namtab posted:

For Dean to step back they'd need a male roster I can't count on my fingers

This brand split is bad

bartok
May 10, 2006

That DICK! posted:

This brand split is bad

Nothing can fix Raw even before the brand split but all Smackdown needs is a couple more top faces. I like Dean Ambrose but he can't carry Smackdown as the top babyface alone week in and week out.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

It's all the same stuff, the brand split is a smokescreen by the corporate elite to keep us placated

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Blasmeister posted:

Ellsworth should not be the WWE world champion.

whhat the gently caress

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

gently caress the dean ambrose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

HerraS posted:

gently caress the dean ambrose

Just turn all the babyfaces heel so the fans will love them again and they can get decent booking, make the whole promotion heels, it'll be a paradise!!

• Locked thread