Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

HerraS posted:

gently caress the dean ambrose

RacistGuidingLight posted:

AJ Styles has publicly stated over the past few weeks that he is going to gently caress Dean Ambrose straight up the rear end LIVE on WWE TLC

It happened the other way around tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I choose to believe that Daniel Bryan is intentionally harassing The Miz and treating him the same way the Authority treated him in order to light a fire under his rear end and make him climb the ladder to greatness once more. He just wants to do a solid for his former mentor. Once Miz wins the world title again he will reveal his plan and they'll hug and usher in a new era of Mizness.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Tato posted:

I choose to believe that Daniel Bryan is intentionally harassing The Miz and treating him the same way the Authority treated him in order to light a fire under his rear end and make him climb the ladder to greatness once more. He just wants to do a solid for his former mentor. Once Miz wins the world title again he will reveal his plan and they'll hug and usher in a new era of Mizness.

Miz is a heel and D-Bry is a babyface, that's how they used to do the booking back in the territories, or that's what I hear on podcasts.

The Miz has "heat" with me as a fan of Ziggler, so I want him to lose to a babyface

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Accident Underwater posted:

It happened the other way around tho

Normally I don't care for swerves but in this case I think it was actually the better choice

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Tato posted:

Steph and triple h engage in endless promos about what's good for mizness

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Heavy Metal posted:

as a fan of Ziggler

Mods?? MODS????

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Heavy Metal posted:

Miz is a heel and D-Bry is a babyface, that's how they used to do the booking back in the territories, or that's what I hear on podcasts.

The Miz has "heat" with me as a fan of Ziggler, so I want him to lose to a babyface

Is this like how Rusev's wife gets sexually harassed weekly and he has an issue with it happening, so he's the heel

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Chris James 2 posted:

Is this like how Rusev's wife gets sexually harassed weekly and he has an issue with it happening, so he's the heel

Are you saying Miz is really the babyface? But his wife sprayed the Ziggy with mysterious eye stuff several times, and he didn't defend the belt for months, and he's done bad thingies to Aaron Rex etc

(For the record I think The Miz is great, I just think stuff like him and Alexa winning clean and whatnot, they're just burying all their babyfaces. Not great longterm booking)

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Dec 6, 2016

ptkfvk
Apr 30, 2013

these announcers are pretty bad at tlc.

graves and tim phillips are the only good ones in the company. otunga is a loser, mauro is annoying

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
WWE is so lovely at making babyfaces that the fans get bored and and want them to turn heel, they turn heel and the fans like them again, they turn back face and become lovely and boring again.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Joe is going to get a face pop when he shows up anyways, should just debut him on Smackdown to challenge AJ for the belt and then turn him heel later. He's such a good heel though. They really need another face besides Dean, if only they had built up Apollo.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Yeah their main problem is their philosophy on faces is just the absolute worst. What they think people will cheer for just winds up making everyone hate the guys to the point that turning them heel is the only way to make them likable again. They think that people just want to watch someone smiling all the time which makes me think of some sleazeball rather than a guy I want to root for. Then they want us to feel sorry for the faces which gets no one excited. They have them do the same jokey style of promo that sounds like imitating the Rock's style. They just have no idea how to make guys genuinely likable and they fail time and time again and never, ever seem to revise their approach or learn anything whatsoever.

So turning guys heel might help those guys in the short term but it's not gonna fix their problem of having no understanding of what makes a likable face.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Dean Ambrose pounded AJ until his exposed butthole was bloody.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Why's everyone down on Otunga? I can't remember anything infuriating he's said, I can't remember anything he's said. I forget he's there when he's not on screen.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Why's everyone down on Otunga? I can't remember anything infuriating he's said, I can't remember anything he's said. I forget he's there when he's not on screen.

he kept saying that justin bieber was more athletic than the miz

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

HerraS posted:

gently caress the dean ambrose

he not real champion like the lady gaga

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i get the impression people think he's a meaningless third wheel on commentary who serves no purpose which he kind of is but i find most of his interjections about the story of a match or his perspective on whatever wrestling angle is happening interesting. He seems alot more comfortable talking with wwe's weird jargon that doesn't sound like actual human beings talk because he's a nerdlinger who has done a bunch of PR training so i believe him when he says "championship opportunity"

when he isn't being fed bad comedy lines, that is, but that's not specific to him and has plagued wwe commentary for years

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Styles needed help leaving and was talking with doctors the entire post match

https://twitter.com/WWE_Dallas/status/805619480596545536/video/1
http://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/aj-styles-suffers-minor-ankle-injury-wwe-tlc-225971

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

imo Otunga's found a real niche as a "slice of white bread with the crusts cut off" face commentator. He's like a voice actor from Deus Ex, corny in the best possible way

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

He's basically a face commentator from the indies but he's being paid and is the way he is without trying too hard

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Raskolnikov38 posted:

he kept saying that justin bieber was more athletic than the miz

I don't remember him saying it once!

oatgan posted:

i get the impression people think he's a meaningless third wheel on commentary who serves no purpose which he kind of is but i find most of his interjections about the story of a match or his perspective on whatever wrestling angle is happening interesting. He seems alot more comfortable talking with wwe's weird jargon that doesn't sound like actual human beings talk because he's a nerdlinger who has done a bunch of PR training so i believe him when he says "championship opportunity"

when he isn't being fed bad comedy lines, that is, but that's not specific to him and has plagued wwe commentary for years

I really need an example of any of that, perspective, jargon or comedy line.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Basic Chunnel posted:

imo Otunga's found a real niche as a "slice of white bread with the crusts cut off" face commentator. He's like a voice actor from Deus Ex, corny in the best possible way

David Otunga is nothing like a video game!

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

As Scott Stanford or Stamford's biggest fan, I'm disappointed there's no Raw pre-show tonight.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I think the perfect story beat in the next few months would be to have Bryan get to his breaking point with Miz, then bring up Joe to annihilate him for the IC belt

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

kidcoelacanth posted:

I think the perfect story beat in the next few months would be to have Bryan get to his breaking point with Miz, then bring up Joe to annihilate him for the IC belt

I don't care if the GM is Daniel Bryan and the anti-authority guy is The Miz, the GM should NOT win.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Smackdown really doesn't have many faces. Joe works so much better as a monster heel. The brand split sucks.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Bryan brings in Joe to shut up Miz, Joe wins the title and then immediately goes full monster heel and Bryan realizes that he's made a huge mistake.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

I don't remember him saying it once!

condolences on your anterograde amnesia

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Rhonne posted:

Bryan brings in Joe to shut up Miz, Joe wins the title and then immediately goes full monster heel and Bryan realizes that he's made a huge mistake.

yeah this is good. i'm in

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Genericide posted:

As Scott Stanford or Stamford's biggest fan, I'm disappointed there's no Raw pre-show tonight.

Its on youtube i think?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/805935241529618433

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Good, they suck.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

this sure is three completely unrelated things that need no explanation whatsoever to string them together

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
why, rov?

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
memphian

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
memphibian

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Amphibious Memphisite

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Were they released, is that what happened

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Heavy Metal posted:

Brand this loser with a scarlet Z

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The only thing I can think of is their preshow thing is donezo, but idk what that has to do with the caption

Or what any of this has to do with the real story of Styles needing a vacation if people want him to not die

Did they and Taker take out his ankle in the postshow? hosed up that Dunn wouldn't air that on TV if so

• Locked thread