Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

idgi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Steph lookin' more and more like Mac Tonight.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

That promo between Foley and Zayn sounds really good. Was it good? I do want this program between Zayn and Braun to get good, and the summary of that promo makes it seem like one of those "this makes the previous stuff that was kind of bad better in retrospect and indicates a shift toward a better second half," promos.

Shaesaro's bar fight also sounds fun. Rich Swann and TBK sound like they're doing a good job of hyping their title match. Everything else sounded like hot garbage.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

She'll never learn to smile like a normal human, will she?

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

she looks like she's in a funhouse mirror and it's creeping me out

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Like I get that Sasha and Carlotte are feuding forever but the card for TLC, without looking, looks like it might be identical to a recent previous one.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Like I get that Sasha and Carlotte are feuding forever but the card for TLC, without looking, looks like it might be identical to a recent previous one.

Becky/Alexa will actually happen this time round and they took Cena out of the title match.

Oh and Baron Corbin is fighting Kalisto instead of Jack Swagger.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I was reading a synopsis of Raw this morning and it seemed especially long and tiresome, far moreso than other weeks. Was it that bad for people who actually watched it?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Marmaduke! posted:

I was reading a synopsis of Raw this morning and it seemed especially long and tiresome, far moreso than other weeks. Was it that bad for people who actually watched it?

For about 25 minutes the forums were down and I was watching the show live without the benefit of the GDT. I realized that if it wasn't for this forum I probably wouldn't be able to tolerate watching at least Raw anymore, which would mean I'd also probably have fallen out of watching Wrestling as a whole. It was pretty drat terrible :(

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

How many times has Sasha cried on tv this year?

Sasha

Banks

Korelle
Sep 18, 2010
HHH really is pulling a WCW-era Hulk Hogan and staying off TV until he can take credit for the ratings spike post-football season isn't he.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Baron Corbyn posted:

Becky/Alexa will actually happen this time round and they took Cena out of the title match.

Oh and Baron Corbin is fighting Kalisto instead of Jack Swagger.

Also Rhyno and Slater will face the Wyatts or American Alpha instead of The Usos.

I think TLC will be excellent tbh

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

She looks like Ann Coulter here

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

another Raw, another "kevin owens loses against roman reigns in a non title match to look like poo poo" match

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene
I like it when Charlotte and Sasha put on main event quality matches. They can (and probably will) feud forever and I'll enjoy it.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

MinibarMatchman posted:

another Raw, another "kevin owens loses against roman reigns in a non title match to look like poo poo" match

You gotta hand it to them, that's one hell of a match stipulation.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Dilbert Fanclub President posted:

I like it when Charlotte and Sasha put on main event quality matches. They can (and probably will) feud forever and I'll enjoy it.

What makes a really great, long running feud like that is also dealing with other people. When the whole thing is literally about two people and sometimes Dana, it burns people out, no matter how good the matches are. I also hate that they refuse to have more than one contender for the title at any given time. The wrestling is fine, but as someone who doesn't regularly watch NXT, I can't compare if Sasha and Charlotte bring out the best in each other because I've rarely seen them wrestle other people.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Summer Rae and Ember Moon should be a thing because their names sound kind of like a pun and that's the reasoning for 90% of WWE tag teams right now.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
The matches are mostly good but I don't care anymore. I turned off Raw last night after about 2 hours because I just didn't care about the other matches. New Day was going to win or DQ and I was hoping Charlotte would win, but I assumed Sasha was going to win due to it being Charlotte's hometown...of Charlotte.

Basically the Tag and Women's divisions on Raw are in a really lovely place and they need to fix it, and they won't bother fixing the Tag division until New Day gets their stupid record no one cares about.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

Korelle posted:

HHH really is pulling a WCW-era Hulk Hogan and staying off TV until he can take credit for the ratings spike post-football season isn't he.

Absolutely. Many of us assumed this when he didn't show up the week after he handed the title to KO.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Sanguinia posted:

Shaesaro's bar fight also sounds fun. Rich Swann and TBK sound like they're doing a good job of hyping their title match. Everything else sounded like hot garbage.

I very much enjoyed the bar fight. Still kinda sad that Cesaro didnt drink the Guinness.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Vaguido posted:

Basically the Tag and Women's divisions on Raw are in a really lovely place and they need to fix it

But they won both Survivor Series matches :smug:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I hope someday I am big and cool and strong enough to win a championship then carry it around like a dead possum slung over my doughy Samoan shoulder

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Charlotte beats up Bayley at Survivor Series and then Sasha Banks gets to go on and beat Charlotte for the title while Bayley gets shown backstage for 2 minutes talking to Sasha.

None of that makes sense. If they wanted to set up Bayley vs. Sasha for Mania, then it would have made more sense for them to be the last survivors. Hotshotting the belt back and forth between Sasha and Charlotte just lessens any impact if anyone else wins the belt.

But I am assuming that this is going to lead to a Dana face turn when Charlotte loses her rematch and blames her, and then Sasha turning heel on Bayley.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Sanguinia posted:

That promo between Foley and Zayn sounds really good. Was it good? I do want this program between Zayn and Braun to get good, and the summary of that promo makes it seem like one of those "this makes the previous stuff that was kind of bad better in retrospect and indicates a shift toward a better second half," promos.

Shaesaro's bar fight also sounds fun.

I watched both those parts on youtube and they we good.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Once they clarified the angle as being Mick Foley is a coward and a loser I was behind the angle because Sami and Braun are good

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

I fully back any angle that points out that 2016 Mick Foley is a dumb idiot who shouldn't be on TV.

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

oatgan posted:

Once they clarified the angle as being Mick Foley is a coward and a loser I was behind the angle because Sami and Braun are good

I yelled the word "hypocrite" at my screen, and when Sami called him that I realized I was being worked

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

So is the general consensus that New Day, becoming heels, drop the titles to Reluctant Best Friends Cesaro and Sheamus, becoming babyfaces, at Roadblock?

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

Phenix Rising posted:

So is the general consensus that New Day, becoming heels, drop the titles to Reluctant Best Friends Cesaro and Sheamus, becoming babyfaces, at Roadblock?

New Day have to win at Roadblock END OF THE LINE in order to break Demolition's record. So maybe.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

If they only have 17 days left to break it then they'll break it before Roadblock.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
IIRC they break the record a day or two after the go home show for the ppv

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I don't really mind Foley being on TV unlike everyone who seems to hate him. Welp bye.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Rhonne posted:

She'll never learn to smile like a normal human, will she?

Why smile when you can sneer?

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

my thoughts on RAW last night are that someone should teach sasha banks that you don't hit your opponent in the face with a kendo stick even though wrestling is a work

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Codependent Poster posted:

Charlotte beats up Bayley at Survivor Series and then Sasha Banks gets to go on and beat Charlotte for the title while Bayley gets shown backstage for 2 minutes talking to Sasha.

None of that makes sense. If they wanted to set up Bayley vs. Sasha for Mania, then it would have made more sense for them to be the last survivors. Hotshotting the belt back and forth between Sasha and Charlotte just lessens any impact if anyone else wins the belt.

But I am assuming that this is going to lead to a Dana face turn when Charlotte loses her rematch and blames her, and then Sasha turning heel on Bayley.

wow I forgot about that. lol the hotshotting makes even less sense now.

also foley getting so pissed his own teeth fell out of his loving head was so weird

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Efexeye posted:

my thoughts on RAW last night are that someone should teach sasha banks that you don't hit your opponent in the face with a kendo stick even though wrestling is a work

Look pal someones gonna get injured in a Sasha match, its just usually Sasha

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

oldpainless posted:

I don't really mind Foley being on TV unlike everyone who seems to hate him. Welp bye.

same because I don't watch RAW lol

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Why does Sami have a swastika shirt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Kennel posted:

Why does Sami have a swastika shirt?

He wasn't eligible to vote, but still wanted to show support for Hillary.

• Locked thread