Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Also holy poo poo Austin Aires is terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So I'm gonna say something that, I think, I'd get a lot of crap for, were I not in such a reasonable, intelligent wrestleman community.

When it comes to pure in-ring wrestling just on weekly TV, SmackDown is worse than Raw and sometimes it's a lot worse. Tonight was one of those sometimes.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Dimebags Brain posted:

Also holy poo poo Austin Aires is terrible.

Actually he rules.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

VJeff posted:

So I'm gonna say something that, I think, I'd get a lot of crap for, were I not in such a reasonable, intelligent wrestleman community.

When it comes to pure in-ring wrestling just on weekly TV, SmackDown is worse than Raw and sometimes it's a lot worse. Tonight was one of those sometimes.

Raw is generally a worse show but you're usually guaranteed at least one good match; Smackdown doesn't always have that and tonight in particular was a really heavy example of a go-home show with very little wrestling on it. It was disappointing.

The_Rob posted:

Actually he rules.

Aries rules but he was godawful on commentary.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

keevo posted:

Let's Go Cena

http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/wwe-john-cena-pitch-perfect-the-pact/

quote:

Yes, Cena will play an angry-rear end dad who is frantically trying to prevent his child from boning down. I absolutely cannot wait. The film will be the directorial debut of Kay Cannon, who wrote both Pitch Perfect films, was a writer and producer on 30 Rock, and is currently an executive producer and writer on New Girl. And if you’re not familiar with Barinholtz, he plays Nurse Morgan on The Mindy Project, where he is also a writer. Plus, he wrote The Rock’s recent hit Central Intelligence, so you know he’s gonna give Cena some tips on how to become the more square-headed Rock.

What's the best wrestler comedy movie?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Macgruber

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Dr. Baker posted:

It is funny to me that WWE would give the arena the heads up on the main event before announcing it themselves.

WWE: "Hello, we would like to book Road Block: End of the Line for December 18th."
PPG PAINTS ARENA: "What's the main event?"
WWE: "Rollins vs. Owens III"
PPG PAINTS ARENA: "Eh. We're tired of that program."
WWE: "How about Reigns vs. Owens?"
PPG PAINTS ARENA: "Sold! I'll get our social media team right on it."

PPG Paints Arena.

PP loving G gently caressing Paints Arena.

drat it I miss the Igloo.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Kennel posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wYs-0EO0ts

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
The Princess Bride :colbert:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Smackdown being light on wrestling makes sense, when you consider they had 2 shows to build to TLC. I thought it was still very good, with lots of good promos. I mean they sold me on the Wyatts/AA match with Bray & Randy's promo. When Randy joined the Wyatts I thought it was dumb as hell but he actually legitimizes the Wyatts somewhat and looks to be a slow-burn where Randy takes them down from within, guessing it's Randy & Bray's Mania match.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah i wont be watching 205 live. Its to much wrestling for two days. Ill keep watching SD and raw will be background noise while i do other things. TLC will be the last sd event this year so i thiink will be good.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

mfw its dookie

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

bradzilla posted:

Smackdown being light on wrestling makes sense, when you consider they had 2 shows to build to TLC. I thought it was still very good, with lots of good promos. I mean they sold me on the Wyatts/AA match with Bray & Randy's promo. When Randy joined the Wyatts I thought it was dumb as hell but he actually legitimizes the Wyatts somewhat and looks to be a slow-burn where Randy takes them down from within, guessing it's Randy & Bray's Mania match.
I like how they organically introduced the tables match stip for the Becky vs Alexa match

https://twitter.com/bruiserbrady/status/803813096733208576
Hope Miz wins his third Most Improved WON award after the 2016 he has had.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
Excuse me, but why is no one curious about an episode of Thunder in Paradise featuring Hogan vs. A Shapeshifter? Is this from the CD-I game? Does this have anything to do with the Changelings from DS9? Can I pretend it does?

Cubone posted:

The Princess Bride :colbert:
They Live :cool:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Grozz Nuy posted:

Rich Swann is great and I'm super happy for that dude because he deserves it, but how do you not have Tozawa or Cedric or Metalik wrestle on the debut episode of your cruiserweight program

What the gently caress are you doing

look if cedric isn't careful he'll just end up like apollo crews. I loved cedric in the CWC but his personality doesn't really stand out, I'm more into Swann

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I haven't been that impressed with Cedric outside of that one match with Ibushi, and Ibushi can have great matches with blow up dolls

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Dario the Wop posted:

Excuse me, but why is no one curious about an episode of Thunder in Paradise featuring Hogan vs. A Shapeshifter? Is this from the CD-I game? Does this have anything to do with the Changelings from DS9? Can I pretend it does?

Thunder in Paradise is incredible - we reviewed it for our podcast a few months ago and the very first episode features him making a sex tape.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Grozz Nuy posted:

Rich Swann is great and I'm super happy for that dude because he deserves it, but how do you not have Tozawa or Cedric or Metalik wrestle on the debut episode of your cruiserweight program

What the gently caress are you doing
Vince/HHH logic has me thinking is that they didn't want the main event to get "overshadowed" by a hot opener so they started slowly instead of going balls out.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Rich Swann high fived me before BOLA one year and I didn't recognize who he was until two hours later. well, that's my Rich Swann story

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TSR Arena in Phoenix is saying they're hosting Elimination Chamber next year.

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

Chris James 2 posted:

TSR Arena in Phoenix is saying they're hosting Elimination Chamber next year.

Like, in February when it used to be, or May where they randomly dropped it last year?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Rogue Copter Pilot posted:

Like, in February when it used to be, or May where they randomly dropped it last year?

Based on the trading off of gimmick PPVs, I'd guess EC will be the February Raw PPV and Fastlane will be SD.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rogue Copter Pilot posted:

Not known yet
https://twitter.com/tsrarena/status/803750055622496258

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Tozawa is advertised for the NXT show in Osaka on Saturday. Please tell me he's doing other things in America like getting set up and they didn't fly him over just to stand on the entrance ramp before sending him back to Japan.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

The_Rob posted:

Macgruber

Either MacGruber or The Longest Yard, Kevin Nash was amazing in that. I hope there's some WWE Superstars in the MacGruber sequel.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Taker's performance in Suburban Commando is very underrated

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
My low-key favorite moment on SD was Heath and Rhyno egging Dean on enthusiastically as he beat the poo poo out of AJ. That was a good moment.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I forgot to DVR SmackDown last night :smith:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Baron Corbyn posted:

Tozawa is advertised for the NXT show in Osaka on Saturday. Please tell me he's doing other things in America like getting set up and they didn't fly him over just to stand on the entrance ramp before sending him back to Japan.

He's been at the performance center for like a month now

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

cant wait for the performance center to teach Tozawa to be a worse wrestler!

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

"Lets see, entrance, psychology, moveset, crowd participation, cardio, selling. Well, I'll do what I can with ya Tozeewa but you can't make gold out of poo poo."

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!
Tozawa: *puts foot on ring post*
Trainers: NOOOOOOOO

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Kennel posted:

Ready to Rumble

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Here are my opinions on last night, feel free to read them or skip them:

1) SmackDown Live is a good show. It was light on the actual wrestling but they used every second to tell a story. No wasted motions. Everything makes sense. It's taking "wait and see" and actually using it to perfection. This is the definitely of a weekly, episodic show. I love it. That being said, with a smaller roster they will hopefully start rotating guys in and out. Crews, Hawkins, and Swagger should be doing a little something something every so often.

2) 205 Live would benefit from filming before SmackDown and airing after NXT. It also needs to work out the kinks in terms of what to present. For example: why will they still be given time to wrestle on RAW when the storylines will be on 205 Live? Hopefully they will figure it out, as many of those wrestlers are great.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Given that Talking Smack helps some wrestlers show their character...has Apollo Crews been on it yet? If so, he needs to be on there again.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I unironically liked Knucklehead

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
When will WWE officially debut the Big Show Fart Bus?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

TV Zombie posted:

Given that Talking Smack helps some wrestlers show their character...has Apollo Crews been on it yet? If so, he needs to be on there again.
He needs to figure out a character first. He shouldn't have been called up. What a mistake built on the hubris of Breaking Ground.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So it seems that Flair will be on tv again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

oldpainless posted:

"Lets see, entrance, psychology, moveset, crowd participation, cardio, selling. Well, I'll do what I can with ya Tozeewa but you can't make gold out of poo poo."

Gotta get you used to the arduous WWE schedule. Oh wait you're from Dragon Gate never mind.

• Locked thread