Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Superstars is being canceled so Main Event is being moved to Mondays for taping while 205 will be taped before Smackdown airs. Glad they are doing that instead of making it a live show after Smackdown is done taping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

DoctorGonzo posted:

Someone should do the Sheamus-Alberto thing but with Charlotte and Sasha. Thats my HOT TAKE!
Except this feud isn't really devaluing the title imo

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Yeah and the matches are these sloppy (in a good way) fights where you feel these two really want to win the title and they are treated as equals who on any given night can be bested by the other. Now granted I'd wish they would spread this out to PPVs instead of Raws and PPVs, but it is what it is.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Jetfire posted:

Asuka's been champ since April and it still works for me. Sasha and Charlotte trade the title back and forth over three to four months and it feels like an eternity.

There are lots of other factors at work but maybe three hours of Raw a week is Too Much Wrestling.
Its the opposite for me, Asuka's reign has felt like an eternity because all she does is squash opponents once every taping and then wins her match at a Takeover.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

205 live tonight

Aka Vince found a way to make SD three hours

Correct
Is it really since its just taking Main Event's slot?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/803744403919552512
Looks like Aries is going to 205; which is good for Roddy Strong probably

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

205 Live started really rough, but got better and better as it went on; so hopefully its like early NXT and they work out the kinks

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

bradzilla posted:

Smackdown being light on wrestling makes sense, when you consider they had 2 shows to build to TLC. I thought it was still very good, with lots of good promos. I mean they sold me on the Wyatts/AA match with Bray & Randy's promo. When Randy joined the Wyatts I thought it was dumb as hell but he actually legitimizes the Wyatts somewhat and looks to be a slow-burn where Randy takes them down from within, guessing it's Randy & Bray's Mania match.
I like how they organically introduced the tables match stip for the Becky vs Alexa match

https://twitter.com/bruiserbrady/status/803813096733208576
Hope Miz wins his third Most Improved WON award after the 2016 he has had.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Grozz Nuy posted:

Rich Swann is great and I'm super happy for that dude because he deserves it, but how do you not have Tozawa or Cedric or Metalik wrestle on the debut episode of your cruiserweight program

What the gently caress are you doing
Vince/HHH logic has me thinking is that they didn't want the main event to get "overshadowed" by a hot opener so they started slowly instead of going balls out.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qtk6Xn7lH8Y
Dash Wilder playing tetris with Tye and Angelo Dawkins with Brennan "The Great Black Otaku" Williams asking what everyone's favorite anime is

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/TraskWWW/status/804213607152041984
Isn't this illegal?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Glad we got a not bad C/D thread too

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFSE8RmR4xI
Williams wearing a KLK shirt and playing Dead or Alive Volleyball 3 is like the least surprising thing in the world

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/805181301502283776
Batista :allears:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Perry Normal posted:

Is that the same as the lucha rules Chikara uses for trios matches (and maybe 2v2 matches too, I can't recall) - where the legal man getting knocked out of the ring constitutes a tag and his partner can come in? Cause that would be great. They need to make the CW division be different from the rest of their shows, otherwise it's just small guys wrestling the same matches as the big guys. A rule change like that would really help the matches be a bit faster paced and stand out more.
Maybe also having a lot of the main eventers not wrestle a cruiserweight style would help things too.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

He's probably channeling Steph's and HHH's reactions when he told them that he was going into movies and that he should be treated better since it would be good PR for the company

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

They should do American Alpha vs. the Usos
That's probably the mania program

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Blaise330 posted:

Of course Alexa Bliss won the tables match, how the hell is she gonna get put through a table? Even if she fell off the rafters she'd bounce off.
It would have been a great finish for Becky to win after hitting multiple suplexes on the table until it finally broke, much like how HIAC should have ended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

well i threw some money in a toilet, and out came raw tickets for tonight, hoping maybe Tozawa is in a match.
He's in Australia with the NXT tour unfortunately

• Locked thread