Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

quote:

AUTOSPORT'S 2016 TEAM BOSS'S TOP 10

1 Lewis Hamilton, 234 points (No change)
2 Max Verstappen, 183 (Up two places)
3 Nico Rosberg, 176 (No change)
4 Daniel Ricciardo, 133 (Up five)
5 Sebastian Vettel, 90 (Down three)
6 Fernando Alonso, 67 (No change)
7 Kimi Raikkonen, 61 (Up three)
8 Sergio Perez, 52 (No change)
9 Valtteri Bottas, 26 (Down two)
10 Carlos Sainz Jr, 25 (New entry)

WHO VOTED

Toto Wolff, Mercedes
Christian Horner, Red Bull
Maurizio Arrivabene, Ferrari
Vijay Mallya, Force India
Claire Williams, Williams
Eric Boullier, McLaren
Franz Tost, Toro Rosso
Gunther Steiner, Haas
Fred Vasseur, Renault
Monisha Kaltenborn, Sauber
Dave Ryan, Manor

lmao :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

I just find it funny that for years they've been finding ways to slow the cars down, and make the tracks slower and safer with chicanes... and then suddenly make a bunch of sweeping changes to the cars which will make them faster, and then start cutting out the chicanes again.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Nico what the gently caress man? Dont tell me you didnt want to defend your title..

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

I think Hamilton is a dickhead (though a very good driver who lost the wdc due to suspiciously high number of failures) but this thread is racist af and I'm just pointing that out.
I'm a die hard Lewis fan and even I'll ask for examples of this racism. Alot of people in this thread don't like Lewis because they don't like him as a person. Can we stop this poo poo of "I don't like this person" "OH BECAUSE HE'S NOT WHITE???"

Currently I'm in a scenario where I don't actually hate any driver. Even Vettel who I used to froth at the mouth with hatred towards I've warmed to. I couldn't hate Rosberg because he was just plain. There was nothing to hate.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Rosberg also beat Michael Schumacher 3 years running though, so does that mean that Scumacher is also a Fraud?

Nando gets all the cool toys.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Well, say what you will but I am not ready to accept that Alexander Wurz is a fraud.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

keevo posted:

Orange I guess?

https://twitter.com/McLarenF1/status/835082680832245760

lol so when its bright out during a race, its going to look more red than orange
Nice Spkyer.

Holy poo poo, I love it when teams get savage.

Falken fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Feb 24, 2017

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Vando posted:

Relax, it'll look better in motion:

Yeah, but that car actually has sponsors.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

BMW should come back to the sport, and paint the cars up like the art cars.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

aequalis posted:

Me too, but I've had to put a paper bag on the nose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxCfyXAhiBo
That sounds like an exhaust blown diffuser?

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Tony Montana posted:

https://drivetribe.com/p/dkstR99ERH..._source=organic

The new regulations for 2017 promised us more aggressive looking cars than the year before. To that affect, the FIA incorporated rules about the V shape of the front wing, the way the end plates of the rear wing should “flow”, and under what angle the side pods should be. Paragraph 3.8.8 says that that angle should be 75 degrees. These rules are meant to give the cars a fast, aggressive look when viewed from above.

This is where the new loophole comes in. With the birds eye view, it’s clear to see how Ferrari made its actual side pod under a 90 degree angle. The carbon work in front (but still incorporated) of the side pod is set under a 75 degree angle, thus following the rules. This enables Ferrari to make their side pod smaller than they appear on other cars. And it gives them more room between the barge boards and the actual air intake of the side pod. All this should be able to generate a better airflow towards them.

There will be a day. When that day comes I will be there. I will be there and I will yell loudly. Alot.

Also RBR's new sponsorship with Aston Martin is so.. it's kinda sad. Just the whoring they obviously still have to do.
Don't Aston Martin like... never turn a profit? Like, ever?

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Alonso has the patience of a loving saint.

e: So Mercedes not long ago broke 1000 laps in testing... how many has McLaren managed? About eight?

Falken fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Mar 10, 2017

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

AgentJotun posted:

Ferrari giving us all some hope of a decent season. Bacon briefcase and all, but I think theres some legit pace in the car.
1m18.634s

Thats 4 seconds quicker than what Hamilton did last year in qualifying last year. Christ.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Wow, I guess they'll have to slightly up the number of laps per race now?

Also, Liberty media is doing a good job.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Tsaedje posted:

Would be nice to see a comparison to the 2004 fastest time a well
Schumacher did a 1:15.022 and that was with the old layout without the chicane at the end.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Alonso El Hoperetainer

So can this be in the 2017 Season OP?

e: I really hope that Ferrari are at Mercs level and the latter aren't sandbagging.

Falken fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Mar 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Reminds me of the Porsche le mans car from the 70s.

• Locked thread