Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Human Grand Prix posted:

I'm in love with the Keke.

Shhhhh! Nando might overhear you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
A new USA RACE at Road America. F1 will be fixed forever.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

SPACE HOMOS posted:

There is nowhere to run the dallas GP because the original area was bulldozed.

Also, the roads are poo poo and the locals would complain. On top of that it was 80F all the up to mid November. It doesn't drop below 90 until the end of October.

What is this ferrin racin'? This ain't NASCAR!! :clint:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

iospace posted:

Now we need an American GP in the only place worthy of it: Road America :getin:

Road America is literally the best track. Imagine Verstrappon eating it at The Kink

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Jesus - what the tap dancing Christ?!

Nico is out, classy move on his part (as much as I dislike him) and I will relinquish the title of Are Rossie to him. Best of luck to you wherever life takes you next.

If Nando goes to Merc I will literally die with excitement.
If Verstrappon goes to Merc I will literally kill everyone.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

iospace posted:

Rico Nosberg

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

iospace posted:

So... what happened to Alonso then?

He died, do you not remember?

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Alain Post posted:

He's so loving mad he won't get the chance to beat Nico for his title lmao

SO. loving. MAD.

Looks like Nico ultimately won the #mindgames :smugberg:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

keevo posted:

Alternatively Lewis' #mindgames made Nico retire because he realized how much of a fraud he is.

Lewis fan spotted

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Theophany posted:

And what a fluke that turned out to be.

MOOOOOOOOODDDDSSSSSS

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

El Hefe posted:

Yeah Lorenzo said he got in and pretty much immediately found the limit, you don't even need to drive the car to know they are on rails, just look at any onboard footage of the Mercs.

Nico was able to win a WDC, that's all you need to know about modern F1 cars

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Cactrot posted:

Rosberg retiring is cool and good, he gets to be a multimillionaire stay at home dad and we get a sweet silly season.

Good deal for everyone, cheers Nico.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

dentist toy box posted:

What if this is the final ~~~~mindgame~~~~ of nico

It is, he retired as the WMGMC. The best we ever saw.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Bold prediction Perez to Merc

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

Dont make fun of Keke's weight. Not cool.

I thought 1500quid was better than that

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

This is a cool dude and I'd like to grab a pint with him in a pub some time with Nando, I think the three of us would have a great time.

Nando would spend the entire time leading on Rossie, drinking him under the table, then going home with someone else.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Khablam posted:

Still third behind Hill and Villeneuve.

Also I think Mercedes' dilemma is they don't know how their 2017 car will stack up yet. If it's supremely dominant again they can hire anyone [i.e. new kids] and seal the constructors easily. If they've got competition they need someone competent enough, and there's very few people who do this on paper and will meet Toto's criteria.

Both Red Bull and Ferrari have drivers who will be consistent enough to go row-by-row and score points.

I think Merc know they have another dominant car and are playing it off as though that's not the case, verbal sandbagging.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

I honestly am curious how Perez would do, I think he'd be ready to have a go at him from day one in a slightly scrappy sort of way. I had really written him off before this year but he drove extremely well and wasn't making the sort of stupid mistakes he did in the past.

Grosjean would probably struggle a bit like Nico did and it would be a year or two of him fumbling around a bit before he got his bearings and got it into his mind that he could beat Lewis.

I'm telling you, Cecho is the best driver they could run with HAM. I genuinely think he'd drive really well, especially after some of his performances this year and last year.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Theophany posted:

Bread is merely a delivery system for delicious butter. Therefore he is the ultimate second driver for Nando.

TIL, Nando = butter

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Toto would never let it happen. He would wipe the floor with Lewis because he's the greatest man alive, Surtees and Agostini reincarnated and combined even though neither one is dead yet, and the team dynamics would collapse.

You must have him confused with My Nando

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Payndz posted:

If I've killed the Worst Thread, I can go out on a high.

A high you'll be seeking for the rest of your life.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

GramCracker fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Dec 7, 2016

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

Yes.

His season reviews are loving hilarious.

Shame the guy had a mental breakdown about f1 in 2002 over Ferrari team orders.

loving ferrari.

Are Clive James talking about Monza :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCznEM73I3A

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

gret posted:

This will always be the best video of the Lewis and Jenson years :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUSY8RUIvf8

This is Cool And Good.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Khablam posted:

I follow the F1 ex-girlfriend timeline group on facebook.
It's endlessly useful.

learnincurve's second account spotted.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

I can't wait for Dr. Button to win Le Mans

With Dr. Nando San as one of his co-drivers.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

poty posted:

He sure is a joke of a WDC

:vince:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Well yea, it's no surprise he's the best driver. I'm not sure how this was news to anyone.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Then Ron paid $10 million for his email account and $90 million for being a dick

I believe it was oval office.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Bwoah, what a silly season this is shaping up to be. An implosion at Merc was not something I'd have wagered on.

Totally wrecked it too

Nice :golfclap:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

learnincurve posted:

It's been photoshopped, look at her leg. Her arm is also quite bad but look at her leg

e: you can see the odd bumps from the work they did on the car behind it as well.

Maybe it's been photoshopped to brighten the image, but she is in no way photoshopped.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

iospace posted:

Never change, worst thread.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

I'm very optimistic about Honda, I'm less so about McLaren itself.

Right when one probably has their poo poo finally together, the other appears to have imploded. :sigh:

I already miss Are Ron

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

wicka posted:

...what?

1500quid said he was optimistic about Honda and less about McLaren. To which I said, finally now that Honda has it together and appears to be heading in the right direction, McLaren has a wrench thrown in which was the firing of Ron. Perhaps I'm retarded and didn't imply any of that clearly enough, which is entirely possible.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

wicka posted:

I just don't understand how anything about McLaren rn suggests "imploding."

Imploding might have been a stretch, admittedly. Do you think they are better or worse off without Ron?

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

wicka posted:

Like, sure, they kinda suck. But they also still somehow attract blue chip sponsors/engineers/executives even in the midst of literally the worst years they've ever experienced. Zak Brown was basically given the choice of running all of F1 or just McLaren and he chose the latter.

I think Ron was going to keep doing the same poo poo he did in the 80s and it's not gonna work anymore.

The blue chip sponsors (and what have you) definitely come from the association of McLaren being a multi-WCC team, even if they are okay as best currently. Given the opportunity to associate your band with Manor or McLaren, what are you going to do? It's McLaren all day if you even remotely know what you're doing from a brand perspective.

If I was somehow lucky enough to be working in the F1 circus I'd probably want to work for them over any other team. Something about the outfit checks all the right boxes for me, and apparently a ton of others as well.

I cannot disagree that Ron was going to keep trying to same old trick expecting a new/different result. He was the guy with the vision however, and to me that's a huge thing. But in today's world results are required immediately and not a few years down the line.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Yea this thing was so good it ended an entire series of amazing race cars. Oh, and it looks the tits too.

1,580 hp in a 1,800 lb package :stonklol:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

wicka posted:

I try not to be stupid optimistic, but I look at the organization they have and I'm not quite sure how they could fail. Capito/Boullier/Prodromou are all quite clearly capable of producing a fast race car. Brown will get them the money to do so. The only real question mark is Honda, but like you said, they SEEM to have gotten their poo poo together. Plus, they're treating this like the pride of the entire company is as stake and pumping insane amounts of money into engine development and propping up McLaren's sponsor budget. I'd be surprised if they aren't in the thick of it next year.

I try to not be extremely optimistic as well, you just get let down really hard when things don't happen. To your point, you're probably right in that I'm not giving the rest of this really well set up and organized team the credit to continue to develop the car now that Ron, the guy who put them on the map and had the vision, is gone. Who knows, maybe time will tell that McLaren is better off without Ron. What I don't doubt is that with or without Ron, 2017 will put McLaren higher into the field than they have been the past two years.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Pretty sure young people hate anything with wheels

What are "wheels"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

This thread is bad