Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Darchangel posted:

Sucks, or just not as good?

It sucks. It's a buggy mess of a game full of enemies with pinpoint accuracy player tracking grenades and game-breaking bug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
English people (most likely) say Leftenant because, like nearly every word relating to war (bivouac, reconnoiter), it comes from the Norman French and the old french word is "Leuftenant". Americans started saying Lootenant in order to differentiate themselves from the frogophile bastards during the American war of independence.

There's also an argument that 'lieu' was not preferred by the English because of the slang word 'loo' and who wants to be known as the tenant of the loo?

Unrelated, Worchestershire sauce should be pronounced Wooster Sauce.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Oh god. I spend maybe 250-300 a month on groceries, for two people.

Yup, I am terrible with money. Granted those trips also include buying some beer and wine, so that doesn't help. And we tend to shop at the more expensive locally owned grocery store instead of safeway/qfc/fred meyer.

Magnus Praeda posted:

I wish it was possible to customize services like this on a per-person basis rather than per-household. My wife's vegetarian and I'm not so we'd either get a lot of meals she couldn't eat or I'd have to add meat to at least a few of the dishes.

Yea, that can be annoying, but having it setup as a 2 person meal is the only way to make the system work. You could always try ordering 1 meal each of you, and save half for the next days lunch/dinner. Thankfully neither of us are vegan/vegetarian, so it makes it easier, but at the same time my wife hates pork and any ground meat, so it does limit some of the options. Granted most of the vegetarian meals that we have had are really good and I had no problem with them missing meat.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Darchangel posted:

Doom was gangs of fun. I want to finish my second playthrough of Dishonored (1) before I start Dishonored 2 (I got the "middle" ending, because I didn't understand how Chaos affected Emily. I want her to be kind ruler.)

Yeah, best bet is to level up Shadow Crawl and Chain and Long Reach all together. You can usually fully max them out by the third mission, but chain makes non-lethal so much easier.

Plus, remember: You can now do non-lethal fall assassinations unlike the first game. Chain 3-4 guys together and then drop assassinate non-lethally. Also, if you get into a fight, jump towards them and it'll knock them back and you'll have an option to throat punch and choke hold.

Don't forget: If you've completed a playthrough, you can start a New Campaign Plus with both Corvo and Emily's powers combined and you get all your relics and scrapped bone charm attributes back.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

ExplodingSims posted:

It sucks. It's a buggy mess of a game full of enemies with pinpoint accuracy player tracking grenades and game-breaking bug.

Ugh. that's almost as bad as omniscient enemies that know exactly where you are even when you theoretically can't be seen.

CommieGIR posted:

Yeah, best bet is to level up Shadow Crawl and Chain and Long Reach all together. You can usually fully max them out by the third mission, but chain makes non-lethal so much easier.

Plus, remember: You can now do non-lethal fall assassinations unlike the first game. Chain 3-4 guys together and then drop assassinate non-lethally. Also, if you get into a fight, jump towards them and it'll knock them back and you'll have an option to throat punch and choke hold.

Don't forget: If you've completed a playthrough, you can start a New Campaign Plus with both Corvo and Emily's powers combined and you get all your relics and scrapped bone charm attributes back.

Hopefully that will all make sense when I start playing 2. :)
FWIW, I do prefer non-lethal take downs anyway.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Aren't we about a week overdue for the January thread?

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Enourmo posted:

Look who just volunteered to make the thread!

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
New tire day finally. Luckily i haven't needed to drive when the roads were bad the last few weeks because my existing tires are toast.

Be nice if i could find a shop to mount and balance them tomorrow. Also was kind of annoying to see them on Amazon for within $5 of what i paid at tirerack wholesale (total with shipping).

Have heard nothing but good, and the price is right, so I went with the generals. Just got my mom to buy blizzaks for her new forester and have driven that in the snow a few times. They are like magic, so it will be interesting to see how these compare. At a glance, the generals have chunkier blocks, sharper edges, and larger voids, but the blizzaks are softer and have more sipes. You notice the difference shoving your thumb into the tread. Difference was $28 a tire at wholesale prices, and i did not opt for the studa st $15/tire.

Also despite being the stock size these are the narrowest tires I've ever bought for this car. The listed tread width is 6.9" but I noticed the tread on the blizzaks is narrowed down for the sizes to provide better bite. The 225 tread width is only 7.0 inches, and you can tell looking at the tire as the outer blocks taper in from the casing. Other 225s, like a hankook rs3 can be over 8" wide.

jamal fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Dec 31, 2016

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Enourmo posted:

You just got selected to be the OP.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Any sysadmins here? I got out of it before virtualization got big but am setting up a server for someone as a favor and want to check my thinking on a couple of things.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

blk posted:

Any sysadmins here? I got out of it before virtualization got big but am setting up a server for someone as a favor and want to check my thinking on a couple of things.

I'm a Datacenter Engineer, ex-Sys Admin.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Slung Blade posted:

Look who just volunteered to make the thread!

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

You just got selected to be the OP.

The covenant has been sealed

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

blk posted:

Infrastructure Architect. You know how to reach me.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

blk posted:

Yo. SysAdmin here.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

blk posted:

1/4 sys admin, 3/4 hardware monkey.

Game talk: Finished first play through of Dark Souls 3 with a standard quality build, have a glass cannon mage 1/2 way through and a pure archer 1/4 way through. Then girlfriends stepmom surprised me with Witcher 3 and Dishonored 2 for Christmas last night. 4-5 hours into The Witcher and so far pretty good. Really looking forward to Dishonored since the original is one of my favorite games.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Yo. SubaruAdmin here.

FTFY

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

CommieGIR posted:

I'm a Datacenter Engineer, ex-Sys Admin.

Just out of amusement, are you doing actual engineering work or just ops with a nicer title? I'm in DC ops as well, and technically my title is Support Engineer.

The IT world throws around titles so badly they don't mean poo poo.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Liquid Communism posted:

Just out of amusement, are you doing actual engineering work or just ops with a nicer title? I'm in DC ops as well, and technically my title is Support Engineer.

The IT world throws around titles so badly they don't mean poo poo.

I do Datacenter infrastructure design and analysis, so yeah, some engineering. But for the most part I'm doing Operations stuff for clients, but I primarily consult on bottleneck issues and SAN, VM setups and rollouts.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Yeah, much more interesting than my end of things.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Good idea? Bad idea?

https://easttexas.craigslist.org/cto/5939111790.html

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Best idea.

How many miles?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

KozmoNaut posted:

Best idea.

How many miles?

No clue, going to call tomorrow.

It wouldn't be used very much, so as long as it runs well not too concerned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

It's a 7.3, from what I understand, anything under 300.000 is fine with semi-regular maintenance.

• Locked thread