Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who was YOUR Champion for November, 2016?
This poll is closed.
:human being: AJ Styles (WWE Champion) 33 35.48%
:pcgaming: Becky Lynch (Smackdown Woman's Champion) 11 11.83%
Kevin Owens (WWE Universal Champion) 1 1.08%
:shibe: Eddie Edwards (TNA World Heavyweight Champion) 1 1.08%
:cthulhu: Matanza Cueto (FORMER Lucha Underground Champion) 0 0%
:abuela: Sexy Star (FORMER Lucha Underground Champion) 5 5.38%
:c00l: Johnny Mundo (Lucha Underground Champion) 16 17.20%
Adam Cole (ROH World Champion) 2 2.15%
:troll: Charlotte (FORMER WWE Women's Champion) 1 1.08%
Sasha Banks (WWE Women's Champion) 3 3.23%
:livintrope: gently caress you 2016, gently caress. YOU. (None of the Abone) 7 7.53%
:aronrex: Aron Rex (FORMER Impact Grand Champion) 13 13.98%
Total: 93 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

IcePhoenix posted:

J-Ru are you going to include secondary titles on the end of the year poll again? Because I really wanna vote Miz

There's a limit to how many options you can put on a poll, a number of Champs get left off every year as a result so secondary belts aren't going to be on there sorry.

Also with the increased number of champs now qualifying for the monthly polls I'm gonna go ahead and remove the IWGP IC Title as an option going forward. It does still every so often headline a show but in general it's become pretty clear the reason for its prestige was primarily that it was held by Shinsuke Nakamura. Not that Naito doesn't own, but he should be World Champ anyway :shrug:

flashy_mcflash posted:

Not for nothin but so did Aron Rex

Just in case people don't realize, a mod added Aron Rex as some kind of joke option so I'm just counting it as part of the None of the Above option. As a result, the current poll results have AJ in the lead with 23 votes, with None of the Above coming second with 18 votes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
So you're gonna put the NXT title on now that the old excuse to vote for Shinsuke is gone, right?

Cause that's all the IC title being on the champ of the month poll was.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jerusalem posted:

There's a limit to how many options you can put on a poll, a number of Champs get left off every year as a result so secondary belts aren't going to be on there sorry.

Also with the increased number of champs now qualifying for the monthly polls I'm gonna go ahead and remove the IWGP IC Title as an option going forward. It does still every so often headline a show but in general it's become pretty clear the reason for its prestige was primarily that it was held by Shinsuke Nakamura. Not that Naito doesn't own, but he should be World Champ anyway :shrug:

I'm gonna go ahead and start a petition that anyone who didn't get at least, oh, 10% of the vote in a given month be ineligible for the yearly poll so that more deserving candidates (like The Miz) get a fair chance at the spotlight they deserve.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm gonna go ahead and start a petition that anyone who didn't get at least, oh, 10% of the vote in a given month be ineligible for the yearly poll so that more deserving candidates (like The Miz) get a fair chance at the spotlight they deserve.

Second

For reference, that'd put the options at:
Triple H
Okada
Mil Muertes
Jay Lethal
Kenny Omega
My brother the monster Matanza Cueto
Naito
Roman Reigns
Dean Ambrose
Sasha Banks
Kevin Owens
AJ Styles
(Becky Balboa, Johnny Mundo, Aron Rex this month)

Senerio fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Dec 1, 2016

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Senerio posted:

So you're gonna put the NXT title on now that the old excuse to vote for Shinsuke is gone, right?

No.

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm gonna go ahead and start a petition that anyone who didn't get at least, oh, 10% of the vote in a given month be ineligible for the yearly poll

Cutting off at a percentage in order to fit in the Year-End options to the poll limit makes a ton of sense. That said, there are a couple of promotions such as PWG that previously only got included in the Year End poll, and they do better when the whole year is taken into account than they might do in a monthly poll. Basically I'll just go through and fit in who I can, and if that cuts some Champs off I may weed out some of the lower percentage WWE Champs to make room for other promotions.

There's no hard and fast way to figure this whole thing out, it's all mostly played by ear - you can't please all the people all the time which is why None of the Above is left as an option on the monthly polls.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

I'm just saying, even you admitted that the IWGP IC Title was put on as a flimsy excuse to vote Shinsuke. (I'm not actually petitioning for the NXT Title to go on here)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jerusalem posted:

Cutting off at a percentage in order to fit in the Year-End options to the poll limit makes a ton of sense. That said, there are a couple of promotions such as PWG that previously only got included in the Year End poll, and they do better when the whole year is taken into account than they might do in a monthly poll. Basically I'll just go through and fit in who I can, and if that cuts some Champs off I may weed out some of the lower percentage WWE Champs to make room for other promotions.

There's no hard and fast way to figure this whole thing out, it's all mostly played by ear - you can't please all the people all the time which is why None of the Above is left as an option on the monthly polls.

That makes sense, but I still wouldn't limit it to just cutting some of the WWE fat. What's the poll limit, anyway?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

What's the poll limit, anyway?

25, which sounds like a lot until you realize you've got 28-29 champs and have to cut out four of them somehow :)

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Well, if you're not counting the IWGP IC Title anymore, that should cut it below your limit.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I vote for ARON REX

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
Johnny Mundo is cool

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I've never been prouder of this forum than when I opened this thread and I saw Aron "Big Hands, I Know You're The One" Rex beating Becky Lynch

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?

ijii posted:

I forgot to add her because she largely forgettable. I like Alexis a lot and part of me hopes she wins the Smackdown title, but only if she's truly ready for it.
:alexa:

Voted Becky because she is cool and good and she's gonna put that mean Alexa Bliss through a table at TLC just you watch.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

2 days of voting to go and AJ's lead over None of the Above is far from unassailable, and even 3rd place Johnny Mundo is still within reach.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

There is still time to vote!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Voting is over and the winner for the third month in a row is AJ Styles, though None of the Above came in a clear second indicating perhaps some fatigue with the Champions in general.

Previous winners, click the picture for poll results (where available) for that month.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I find it interesting that 2015 was the most diverse year in terms of promotions (WWE, NJPW, LU, ROH, DG), while 2016 has been dominated by WWE and NJPW once again (with an outlier for My Brother The Monster). Don't know if that says anything about the smaller promotions' booking of their champs, but I think it's worth pointing out.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

WWE hired the guys who used to beat them in the polls and while i would call 2016 an uneven year for both NJPW and WWE their highs have been incredibly high

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Benne posted:

I find it interesting that 2015 was the most diverse year in terms of promotions (WWE, NJPW, LU, ROH, DG), while 2016 has been dominated by WWE and NJPW once again (with an outlier for My Brother The Monster). Don't know if that says anything about the smaller promotions' booking of their champs, but I think it's worth pointing out.

What really struck me is that WWE was shut out for the first half of the year entirely, but come June they got back into the winner's circle and haven't left since.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

What really struck me is that WWE was shut out for the first half of the year entirely, but come June they got back into the winner's circle and haven't left since.

Right at the time they took the title off that worthless sack of poo poo Reigns

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
petition that AJ styles emoticon for December gets changed to :goatsecx:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Right at the time they took the title off that worthless sack of poo poo Reigns

He actually did pretty well in May! He was up against Naito though so he might as well have taken a nap on the ring apron.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Jerusalem posted:

I think WWE was definitely helped by a long string of goon-favorite title wins this year.

June: Dean Ambrose makes surprising MITB cash-in the same night as winning it, which pretty much never happens and surely spiked his votes.
July: Sasha gets her first title win, plus the novelty of voting the first woman as champion of the month.
August: Kevin Steen gets his first WWE world title, of course goons were going to vote for him.
September: AJ Styles, ditto.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Congrats to The Rump That Takes Sick Bumps.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Can't wait until I get to vote for Alexa next month! :alexa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

Can't wait until I get to vote for Alexa next month! :alexa:

I would not at all be surprised if she won, especially if she maintains the character she's displayed so far in her run up to getting the title.

• Locked thread