Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

mewse posted:

Yeah we bought that successful restaurant but we didn't like any of the staff

I mean they like most of the staff and got rid of the guy who stands next to the waiter and tells you the steak is 380 calories, while the fish is 365 calories, with everything else, being, virtually identical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Work Friend Keven posted:

I mean they like most of the staff and got rid of the guy who stands next to the waiter and tells you the steak is 380 calories, while the fish is 365 calories, with everything else, being, virtually identical.

Hahaha.

Also he says calories 2 different ways and both are wrong.

mewse
May 2, 2006

I will not stand for this mockery of Bill Goldberg.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
UFC January, No Jones

UFC January - Penn and Pena

UFC January - The New Era Begins

UFC January - Valentina's Day Comes Early

UFC January - Cerrone's First of One Thousand Fights

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Year of the cock, Rockhold will be back on top baby

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Valentina Shevchenko and a motivated BJ

exhale lively
Apr 18, 2008
Off-topic, but I'm having trouble remembering the details; does anyone remember a fight from awhile back where an Asian MMA fighter with unnatural hair (bleached blonde, IIRC) won via flying knee-kick? I know I remember seeing this video, but cannot for the life of me remember who the two fighters were, though I can totally picture the Asian fighter in my head. Help? :ohdear:

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
God I hope 2017 is the year I finally see a motivated BJ. I'm dying over here!

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
I wanted to Cody to win but I didn't think he was going to

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

UFC Jan - New Year, New Thread, Same Old Bad Opinions

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing

exhale lively posted:

Off-topic, but I'm having trouble remembering the details; does anyone remember a fight from awhile back where an Asian MMA fighter with unnatural hair (bleached blonde, IIRC) won via flying knee-kick? I know I remember seeing this video, but cannot for the life of me remember who the two fighters were, though I can totally picture the Asian fighter in my head. Help? :ohdear:

it's an all time great one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOo7YjExayo

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Dangersim posted:

I wanted to Cody to win but I didn't think he was going to

Winning by a decision like that was super surprising. I don't like him as a person but that was an amazing performance and TJ/Cody is going to rule extremely hard.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
UFC Jan - The wreck of the Edmund Tarvardyan

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Trast posted:

*nods sagely*

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Trast posted:

gently caress that's good. Leader so far. I'll put the new thread up tonight, I assume there are a lot of people sleeping it off right now so no one will miss it.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Trast posted:

:golfclap:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Trast posted:

Lmao

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Trast posted:

this is very good you deserve something for this

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Trast posted:

:vince:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Trast posted:

*solemn fistpump*

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please

Marching Powder posted:

Hahaha.

Also he says calories 2 different ways and both are wrong.

FWIW it's not the Goldbergisms that were an issue apparently. WME-IMG didn't like the hype style of Goldber/Rogan and want actual play-by-play.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
is that from a source or is that just from the comment section of youtube or whatever

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

Trast posted:

lol that's a good one

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Trast posted:

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Trast posted:

Idgi

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

the ship bell chimed 29 times, one for each punch landed cuz of the Edmund Tarvardyan

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
the tl;dr

there was a boat

it sank

someone wrote a song

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012
The Edmund Fitzgerald was once the largest and fastest hauling iron ore tanker on the Great Lakes. Now it's most famous for sinking and being the subject of a song, much like Ronda will soon be most famous for losing badly and the memes that sprung up around that and not being the best WMMA fighter thus far.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

afatwhiteloaf posted:

The Edmund Fitzgerald was once the largest and fastest hauling iron ore tanker on the Great Lakes. Now it's most famous for sinking and being the subject of a song, much like Ronda will soon be most famous for losing badly and the memes that sprung up around that and not being the best WMMA fighter thus far.

When suppertime came, the old cook came on deck
Sayin', "CLINCH CLINCH CLINCH"
At seven p.m., a main hatchway caved in
He said "NOOO NOOOO NOOO"

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

That's interesting, and very clever. Although even after a Wikipedia session I confess to being extremely surprised that so many people get the reference. I have never heard of Gordon lightfoot, the ship, the wreck, or the number of crew that lost their lives. Sorry for the derail.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Happy new year thread.

Thanks for being a great place and collection of posters to talk about my favorite sport with!

2016 was a wild year and hopefully 2017 is as fun!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Nibbles! posted:

FWIW it's not the Goldbergisms that were an issue apparently. WME-IMG didn't like the hype style of Goldber/Rogan and want actual play-by-play.

Like ive said in the past the UFC model has been gradually changing. Its why there was a move to clean all the stupid sponsors out, try to clean out the wife bashers and druggos and then clean up the production and crews so you can package it and sell it to networks.

I think in a year or two from now we'll have an additional weight class and only get 6 or 7 ppvs a year. The fight cards will be smaller instead of 10 we'll get 5 or so and they'll be something like "Thursday night fights" with TUF and its finale getting a format update theres probably going to be a weekly show with a panel of fighters and some dipshit host analysing the world of mma.

The fight cards will be annoying to watch because like prelims and nfl and nba and every other american sport they'll be jammed with advertising.

Why Goldie had to go I dunno probably to get someone who works with WME shoehorned in alongside Rogan.

Like nfl broadcasts they'll want it more vanilla. I just hope if they're trying to make it more family friendly or something with a gray man boring play by play guy like Joe Buck we see a serious blood bath in the first fight on the first show so they cant paint over it like they do on some fox cards.

Could be funny too because Joe Rogan has gently caress you money and would probably call their guy out on stupid poo poo live on air.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
PolitiFact's review of UFC 207

Dominick Cruz claimed that he would "bust all over" rival Cody Garbrandt's face. We rate this claim as mostly true. Cruz did engage in a simulated gay sex act (a 25 minute long mixed martial arts contest) however he did not climax. Despite this it should be recognised that he did attempt to drag his partner forcibly to the ground multiple times, though for his part Garbrandt seemed content to simply flirt and perform northern Californian mating dances.

Much of Cody Garbrandt's campaign was focused on the central claim that he was going to swallow Cruz's cum with relish. We rate this claim "liar liar pants on fire", as when he was on the cusp of finishing Cruz, he instead backed off and seemingly had little if any interest in his loads.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Yeah I honestly didn't think Gordon Lightfoot was incredibly well known outside of Canada.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Memento posted:

No Don Bradman, article is bullshit

It's a list of Americans by Americans so I wouldn't expect him, but anyone who doesn't know how ridiculously good Bradman was, even though Cricket is not everyone's cup of tea, should put some time into reading about him.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Marching Powder posted:

That's interesting, and very clever. Although even after a Wikipedia session I confess to being extremely surprised that so many people get the reference. I have never heard of Gordon lightfoot, the ship, the wreck, or the number of crew that lost their lives. Sorry for the derail.

Gordon Lightfoot is an awesome artist and he really captures that Canadian Country folk sound well so it's worth listening to him.

Especially Sundown.

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord

Trast posted:

:bravo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Oh, the year was two thousand and sixteen
(How I wish I weren't at Glendale now)
When a title shot came from Dana White
To entice me to return and fight
God drat them all
I was told we'd strap my waist with ten ounces of gold
I'd take no strikes, wouldn't look like meat
Now I'm a broken ex champ in the Vegas heat
The last of Edmond's golden geese

• Locked thread