Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mistakinder
Mar 19, 2010

YES

projectmurphy, the Mike Goldberg of artificial intelligence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistakinder
Mar 19, 2010

YES
How gutted must Pettis be to have missed his opportunity to change his nickname to Overtime

mistakinder
Mar 19, 2010

YES

ICHIBAHN posted:

Eator haha
Cowboy is a fuckin dork
Why did rogan keep calling choi 'kid'

he is half rogans age and looks about 12

mistakinder
Mar 19, 2010

YES
Jon Jones was promoting his grappling match with Dan Henderson and said that he would like to grapple a heavyweight next, since obviously people won't give him credit for tapping out a middleweight.

Anyway he easily tapped out Henderson and true to his word, immediately called out Chael Sonnen.

mistakinder
Mar 19, 2010

YES

LobsterMobster posted:

Angie Hill is out of 207 vs Andrade due to not being in the USADA program long enough.

:negative:

That was not a good fight for her, she dodged a lot of head trauma and/or a nasty choke.

mistakinder
Mar 19, 2010

YES
I'm not in the military, I don't lift or take steroids, I don't even train.

But I have eyes and a picture of Holly Holms giant clit which makes me qualified to identify Holly Holms giant clit.

mistakinder
Mar 19, 2010

YES
At least there used to be a reason to give a poo poo about Fedor.

mistakinder
Mar 19, 2010

YES

quote:

One of the film's that Rousey took time off from the UFC to make, Mile 22, has now been put on hold as the filmmakers have begun to doubt her acting ability

Imagine how bad at acting you would have to be to not act well in an action film.

"you killed my father, now you must die" scowls directly at the camera

"CUT! I need more pathos Ronda, give me pathos. Did you do the method exercises we discussed? Did you even bother to go live as a troubled vigilante for a month?"

mistakinder
Mar 19, 2010

YES

david carmichael posted:

Gina Carano did a full action movie but she was so bad at actoring that the director just like talked over her while her mouth moved like kung pow and now she's an action movie mainstay. You can grow and improve

Lets not forget that she was picked by Steven Soderbergh for that full action movie, a man who also cast Sasha Grey in the lead role for a film that wasn't about how many cocks you can fit in Sasha Grey.

MMA fighters see the success of WWE people in movies and assume acting is easy. Nobody would mistake wrestling for oscar bait, but they do like two live shows a week every week. If Narcos was performed live twice a week, I guarantee you see a big drop in quality.

mistakinder
Mar 19, 2010

YES

Mr. Nice! posted:

You know, we still don't really know if Mickey Gall is any good. He crushed a photographer, a pro-wrestler, and a boy model. I'm still not sure if he's worth a gently caress on the feet even though his grappling is definitely legit.

Could be worse, Platinum got 30-26'd by a professional Zoolander.

mistakinder
Mar 19, 2010

YES

RacistGuidingLight posted:

I want to eat his butt and have him top me and that's not even no new sincerity bullshit it's just true. I wanna see what his dick looks like free of the confines of his attractive bulge and it also probably smells good.

And if you got bored of him being on top you could easily sweep and instatap him

mistakinder
Mar 19, 2010

YES

Schenck v. U.S. posted:

you could argue, and I guess I will argue, that Conor lost twice as a welterweight without fighting any actual welterweights

oh poo poo

mistakinder
Mar 19, 2010

YES

-Atom- posted:

They rarely actually watch the fights though?

Sounds like they're just a few CORN NUTS mentions away from replacing Goldie

mistakinder
Mar 19, 2010

YES
To be fair, Overeem doesn't look like he's been eating the same horses as Lesnar for a few years now. Give it another year and Jon Jones will be bigger than him.

mistakinder
Mar 19, 2010

YES

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

this is good because i really like mark and i think overeem could take him down and gently caress him up at this point

He always could, its only since he lost 40 pounds and started listening to his corner that he realised there's more to fighting than walking towards your opponent with a smug look on your face and getting knocked out.

mistakinder
Mar 19, 2010

YES

david carmichael posted:

Cowboy had four finishes this year over dudes who would beat Nate

Not Nate himself though. If we take MMA math to its logical dark alley, Conor KO'ed the guy who KO'ed the guy who made Nate AND Cowboy look like scrubs when he fought them.

mistakinder
Mar 19, 2010

YES
I still say give it to anyone but Conor since in 20 years time nobody will even remember who foty 2016 was but they will know who held 2 titles simultaneously.

mistakinder
Mar 19, 2010

YES

Bluedeanie posted:

And in practicality, that person is no one.

Yeah but he has a photo of himself holding two belts and even an instagram video which will be good enough for 30 for 30

mistakinder fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Dec 21, 2016

mistakinder
Mar 19, 2010

YES
Aldo always gets misreported by American MMA media so maybe he actually said he was offered a nice BLT sandwich in the UFC canteen but there was no lettuce that day and Aldo was like "what the gently caress how can there not be lettuce for a BLT I'm off to play soccer and box but probably not either also Brazillians in Jersey told me how to not kick Frankie cheers obrigado seeya""

mistakinder
Mar 19, 2010

YES
Gotta wonder if this is just more Conor baiting brinkmanship from the UFC. Especially with Nurmy being offered the fight just like he was offered Alvarez that time. Give Aldo the FW belt then offer him a chance to get another belt and take the shine off Conors achievement by doing the exact same thing a few months later.

mistakinder
Mar 19, 2010

YES

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Tibau stuffed his takedowns and beat him on the feet

Thats the exception that proves the rule since Tibau is a roided out hulkmonster who always looks two weightclasses above the one he is

mistakinder
Mar 19, 2010

YES

chaleski posted:

Update: Tim Kennedy is still a piece of poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpdhwM_hnAA

Eh, if some attention seeker wants some attention it's not really on Kennedy. Plus he looks lovely in his stripper santa getup, hard to get mad at that.

Merry Christmas everyone!

mistakinder
Mar 19, 2010

YES
Cyborg has been notified but sadly whoever runs her twitter has not, otherwise they probably wouldn't have posted banal poo poo like this five minutes ago

https://twitter.com/criscyborg/status/812019866014203905

Edit - Her followers seem to be up to date

Edit 2 - oh good they caught up

https://twitter.com/criscyborg/status/812021737189679104

Edit 3 - Response prediction - *unfathomably deep voice* I AM ALL NATURAL THIS IS A CONSPIRACY TO KEEP ME FROM BEING FEATHERWEIGHT CHAMP OF UFC, ALSO I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE TAKEN DICK PILLS

mistakinder fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Dec 22, 2016

mistakinder
Mar 19, 2010

YES

I know it doesn't make any narrative sense but I think of it more as a mood piece or character study

mistakinder
Mar 19, 2010

YES

Triticum Guzzler posted:

I would bet money that whatever "medication" she's on is actually a well known post cycle therapy drug

Joe Rogan - Cyborg why did you take a dick pill?
Cyborg - I have a really big dick Joe.

mistakinder
Mar 19, 2010

YES
lol

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/812021070769385477

Let me help you out Ariel, it's something she shouldn't be taking and around two years.

mistakinder
Mar 19, 2010

YES
Hey everyone I know I got caught taking heroin but my doctor recommended it to get me off this awful heroin so it's all good

mistakinder
Mar 19, 2010

YES

Can't tell if it's poe's law or... oh it's on MMAmania, it's probably earnest.

mistakinder
Mar 19, 2010

YES

big money big clit posted:

Floyd has already beaten Connor in the area that matters the most, making obscene amounts of money while hand picking your opponents and making everyone really angry at you.

Not to mention he achieved all that without having to resort to cheap parlour tricks like exciting fights or quick finishes

mistakinder
Mar 19, 2010

YES
"I'm sorry Mr Velasquez, we upped your THC to the maximum level possible but there was nothing we could do. The AKA in your body has become inoperable.

mistakinder
Mar 19, 2010

YES
My prediction, Cruz Decisionates Cody and everyone says that's what they expected all along or Cody one shot blasts Dom into space 2 minutes into round one and everyone says that's what they expected all along.

Wildcard entry, Cody Decisionates Cruz and everyone loses their poo poo.

mistakinder
Mar 19, 2010

YES

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

I'm hoping the card is more like ~cool lesbian champ ruins ronda's special night~. in this sea of tattooed nazis that is mma its nice that one of the current champions represents my community.

Brazils had enough champions don't be so greedy

mistakinder
Mar 19, 2010

YES
The real story is USADA somehow took a year and a half to find drugs inside famed drug pinata Josh Barnett. You shouldn't need fancy equipment to catch a guy who got caught at an Affliction event, just hover a giger counter within a mile of him.

mistakinder
Mar 19, 2010

YES

Lid posted:

Just heard an interview of Ronda in 2011 and asked what her ambition was it's "to be the only person that Nick Diaz likes".

So she didn't actually take a year off, she had surgery to become Nate Diaz and actually fought twice.

mistakinder
Mar 19, 2010

YES

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I love how embedded and other media stuff for UFC 207 is stressing extremely hard about it being on friday instead of saturday.

I like to think this is a return to when the UFC had personality and had a subtitle name for every event.

UFC 17 - Redemption
UFC 19 - Ultimate Young Guns
UFC 207 - Friday

mistakinder
Mar 19, 2010

YES

-Atom- posted:

Joe Rogan prides himself on not preparing whatsoever and compared to guys like Stann, Hardy, Florian and Dominick it shows.

They need to stop relegating Hardy to the cards nobody gives a gently caress about in Hamburg on Fight Pass and at the very least get him on the PPVs too far for Rogan to bother with. Speaking of which, now that Goldberg is going, the English Goldberg that they normally partner Hardy with must be fearing for his job.

mistakinder
Mar 19, 2010

YES

Ratios and Tendency posted:

He's dumb and had a fairly difficult upbringing but he seems like he's trying to not be a huge piece of poo poo

Thats 50% of the roster though. The other 50% are the same but they skip trying not to be a huge piece of poo poo

mistakinder
Mar 19, 2010

YES
I keep hearing about how Rousey gets all the media but I think Nunes is a far better actor, her run on Narcos was pitch perfect

mistakinder
Mar 19, 2010

YES

Work Friend Keven posted:

She's a man baby! Austin powers, classic gag. Nice.

Rest assured if there was a female character in Narcos with that exact mullet I would have gone with that.

Or

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistakinder
Mar 19, 2010

YES
I think we should make the year end Ronda destruction an annual treat, give her Cyborg next year.

• Locked thread