Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Merry Christmas guys! And Happy Hanukkah and all the other holidays I'm surely forgetting.

This month we come together to celebrate games, sales, and that mythical sighting: the Last Guardian is being released. I think? I hope?

Talk about it all here, in the chat thread!

PS What game do you want most for Christmas this year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I endorse this title. Gabe bless us, everyone.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
I got the new Doom game, which they named Doom.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G0LlXv-nyI

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
If you're reading this, happy december! I hope you're having a good day!!

The year's been pretty bad but let's hope that December can bring us a bit of end-of-year joy :)

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Also, I heard Wonderful Christmastime on the radio earlier.

it begins

frickin strongly dislike that song

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

If you're reading this, happy december! I hope you're having a good day!!

The year's been pretty bad but let's hope that December can bring us a bit of end-of-year joy :)

Thank you! I hope you have a good day too!

I think the year's been bad, but at least for games it's been good - I mean, Doom came out this year and it was good, and the new Pokemon, and FF15, and mygod, those were all actually good instead of being flops. :yeah:

Not to mention the indie scene - Brigador's fantastic, and the Caves of Qud guys are doing well enough to work on it full-time, and Crypt of the Necrodancer is getting an expansion, and.... there's a lot of good going on here! I love it!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

FirstAidKite posted:

it begins

loving month and a half of xmas music is gonna turn me into a scrooge mcduck before my time

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

FirstAidKite posted:

it begins

I like Christmas but gently caress this song.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Saints Row 4 has Steam Workshop support now, sounds like a great excuse to play though How The Saints Save Christmas again during the holiday season :toot:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

StrixNebulosa posted:

Merry Christmas guys! And Happy Hanukkah and all the other holidays I'm surely forgetting.

This month we come together to celebrate games, sales, and that mythical sighting: the Last Guardian is being released. I think? I hope?

Talk about it all here, in the chat thread!

PS What game do you want most for Christmas this year?

I'm not looking forward to any of those games :(

But it's okay because I still have tons of Pokemon to play, and I've been working through late and postgame stuff in Tactics Ogre :)

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Looper posted:

I'm not looking forward to any of those games :(

But it's okay because I still have tons of Pokemon to play, and I've been working through late and postgame stuff in Tactics Ogre :)

We're also getting, uh -

from Gamespot this time (and lol at Kingdom Hearts 3 dropping ever)

Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney
The Dwarves
Maize
Rad Rogers: World One
Furi
Steep
Super Mario Maker 3DS
Arizona Sunshine
Dead Rising 4
Shadow Tactics
Last Guardian
Unspoken
Werewolves Within
Space Hulk Deathwing
Bastion
The Little Acre
Wild Guns Reloaded
Shantae
Super Mario Run
Eagle Flight
Walking Dead S3
Don Bradman Cricket 17
Rollercoaster Dreams

and I mean I'll probably skip all of those and buy discounted stuff at christmas instead, but hey, there's some neat titles in there!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I really hope The Last Guardian is good for everybody's sake :ohdear:

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I don't know if anyone else is familiar with the Legends of Localization book series but the second one, about Earthbound, came out on November 23rd. I ordered one as soon as I found out the other day and I'm very excited for it to arrive, the first book about The Legend of Zelda, was great. And the next one is going to be about the original Super Mario Bros, I look forward to reading it in a few years when it comes out.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

StrixNebulosa posted:

We're also getting, uh -

from Gamespot this time (and lol at Kingdom Hearts 3 dropping ever)

Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney
The Dwarves
Maize
Rad Rogers: World One
Furi
Steep
Super Mario Maker 3DS
Arizona Sunshine
Dead Rising 4
Shadow Tactics
Last Guardian
Unspoken
Werewolves Within
Space Hulk Deathwing
Bastion
The Little Acre
Wild Guns Reloaded
Shantae
Super Mario Run
Eagle Flight
Walking Dead S3
Don Bradman Cricket 17
Rollercoaster Dreams

and I mean I'll probably skip all of those and buy discounted stuff at christmas instead, but hey, there's some neat titles in there!

drat, the only good game this month is a loving phone game

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I can't wait for Zelda U, coming Christmas 2015.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Mario Maker 3DS doesn't have the capability for sharing levels? What the gently caress?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I remember this time last year I was super excited about river city ransom underground having been announced for a january release

:\

Maybe next january?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

CJacobs posted:

Mario Maker 3DS doesn't have the capability for sharing levels? What the gently caress?

Nintendo is afraid to let children use the internet :(

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

2017 will be the Year of the Star Citizen, you'll see!!!

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
The people who aren't hype for Last Guardian. I'm shaking with rage......

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PZzg2aihaM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVCHPJzUzuw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khEzmN_Ok90

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Yeah I'll play that

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah I'll play that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHWDEs434hA

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
im getting two cartons of eggnog and kingdom hearts III

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

My pawn in Dragon's Dogma finally got used by another user! And they rated her a five in helpfulness! :woop:

(And a three in appearances but ehhhh I updated her armor she's much cooler now.)

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

FirstAidKite posted:

I remember this time last year I was super excited about river city ransom underground having been announced for a january release

:\

Maybe next january?

Winter is a very cruel time of year.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

FirstAidKite posted:

it begins

gently caress this song and McCartney for unleashing it.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I can't wait to watch the Gamies tonight with all of you, my friends.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Shantae and TLG are the only games I'm interested in this month, which is good both because of Christmas expense and 20 games I want coming out in early 2017.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Shadow Tactics is apparently Commandos done well and also there's The Last Guardian so it should be enough to carry us into the new year.

As for X-mas games I'm looking forward to finally getting the new Hitman or maybe the new Deus Ex. There is also a group of indie games that are on my shortlist: The Witness, The Beginner's Guide, Firewatch, Inside - I'll see if any of them drop in price substantially. Dishonored 2 would be nice but I'll wait for a sale.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

New Hitman is really really good. Now that all the content is actually out it may actually be the best game in the series, as good or better than Blood Money.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Palpek posted:

Shadow Tactics is apparently Commandos done well and also there's The Last Guardian so it should be enough to carry us into the new year.

As for X-mas games I'm looking forward to finally getting the new Hitman or maybe the new Deus Ex. There is also a group of indie games that are on my shortlist: The Witness, The Beginner's Guide, Firewatch, Inside - I'll see if any of them drop in price substantially. Dishonored 2 would be nice but I'll wait for a sale.

The Beginner's Guide is fascinating, but be warned that it took me 90 minutes to experience the entire thing, including breaks for cat feeding (IRL) and staring at things. I wouldn't pay full price for it.

fake edit: Good god, as I booted up Steam to check that playtime, Titan Quest dropped another update! Only a 4MB patch, but still! Games this old aren't supposed to keep getting updates!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
To quote the hallowed Vincent Caravella, "there has never been a better time to be playing video games."

Aging Millenial
Nov 24, 2016

by zen death robot
The Darksiders Remastered edition looks gorgeous. It appeared in my steam pile.

Aging Millenial
Nov 24, 2016

by zen death robot

Captain Invictus posted:

To quote the hallowed Vincent Caravella, "there has never been a better time to be playing video games."

Yea but I cannot get over the "embarrassment of riches" problem -- so much stuff vying for your attention, so little time...it's easy to become disengaged and just play Overwatch.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Tonight happens to be the night of The Game Awards, a yearly event show that reminds us how terrible gamer culture is. Can't wait!

Happy December, though. It's probably my favorite month and I hope everyone enjoys the miracle of snow

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Tonight happens to be the night of The Game Awards, a yearly event show that reminds us how terrible gamer culture is. Can't wait!

Happy December, though. It's probably my favorite month and I hope everyone enjoys the miracle of snow

There's new BotW footage though, so it balances out.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Aging Millenial posted:

Yea but I cannot get over the "embarrassment of riches" problem -- so much stuff vying for your attention, so little time...it's easy to become disengaged and just play Overwatch.
I bet if/when you played Stardew Valley you had anxiety on what to spend your time during the day doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

It's gonna be weird if/when this game finally comes out. Are they still making it?

• Locked thread