Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Shantae and TLG are the only games I'm interested in this month, which is good both because of Christmas expense and 20 games I want coming out in early 2017.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

All the ones I was interested in are either out or will be this month and Bloodstained is 2018 now.

What about Shenmue 3, is there any eta on that yet?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There's no online sharing in the 3DS version, so unless you're lucky enough to live within spitting distance of a bunch of people who make good Mario levels, you'll only have the ones already in the game, Nintendo approved downloadable levels and ones you make yourself to play. Which is still probably a bunch but kind of loses the main selling point of the original.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

BB would be perfect if you could choose any weapon you'd previously picked up at the start of a new game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Bloodborne would be perfect if blood vial farming wasn't a thing.

Spend any spare echoes you have on blood vials towards the start of the game and you never have to farm.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah Normal is pretty easy, I think it's easier than the original and the improved controls make it even easier. Turn it up to hard if you want a challenge.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

PantsBandit posted:

Invisible inc and a bunch of crap.

Japanese PS+ gets Atelier Sophie!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't find NG+ as fun as starting the game from scratch again.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't want all my weapons and items or anything I just want to be able to pick my starter from any weapon the game so I can use like the burial blade on a not NG+ run.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Guy Mann posted:

Time for another Capcom franchise to die because the fans can't handle a sequel being different.

I can't fault people for wanting a game they'd like to play instead of one they wouldn't.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lurdiak posted:

If it's not like classic Resident Evil, and it's not like Resident Evil 4, in what way is it Resident Evil.

It says so right on the front of the box!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ciaphas posted:

I haven't played a single RE since the original release of 4

Somehow I feel I'm better off for that

All the mainline games and both Revelations are all worth playing to a greater or lesser extent.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Grimdark reboots came to a head with Bomberman Zero, then everyone went 'too far' and backed off.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lurdiak posted:

Trying to "change up the formula" is how you ruin a game series. Mega Man didn't change its formula and it took them a long time to gently caress up and make a really bad one. Not every franchise needs to be Mario.

MegaMan Soccer was on the SNES

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Stux posted:

5 is fine but 6 is an absolute pile and not worth anyones time

I platinumed 6 this year and enjoyed it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Resi 4 is legit one of the best designed games of all time.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

CJacobs posted:

You will learn to hate X and C even more as the game goes on. I think I died to every single X+C prompt that appeared in a cutscene in my let's play of the game

edit: RE5 is somehow even worse because their 'alternate button prompt' buttons are F+V. At least with X+C you can just move your A/D fingers down and hit it, you have to rotate your whole wrist in RE5 which is ridiculous.

That's what you get for playing a console game with a keyboard.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I never played Bulletstorm when it first came out but I've heard good things so I'm looking forward to the remaster.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Isn't all the DLC still stretch goals from the Kickstarter?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Motto posted:

That's kinda his point. A lot of the most popular japanese games sell on their western influences and get criticized for their Anime aspects. Probably why capcom started cutting out the middleman and handed over some of their IPs to western devs, wrongheaded as some of the choices were.

Some?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

DR2 was a Japanese /US co-production and yeah Strider is okay, not great though. The only one I could honestly think of was Bionic Commando Rearmed :v:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

100% of the 1 user reviews for this game are positive.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm so loving glad about getting Kiwami and Y6 in English.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

So many games, not enough money :negative:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's winter now so I might grow a Joel beard

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Help Im Alive posted:

akuma needs to consult hyrule warriors ganondorf on how to pull this off

His hair is loving awful

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Anyone poo poo talking the Mine Thrower obviously never upgraded it to full when it becomes an 'I win' button. Uh, unless you're trying to use it in close quarters anyway.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Beat me to it

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

We truly have reached the darkest timeline if it's okay for people to say Twilight Princess is their favourite.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The weirdest thing with the PSP Megaman X remake is that it swaps the location of all the upgrade items for no reason.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I've seen Battleborn on sale around here for £3, that's epic failure price.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In Training posted:

It's OK but it seems super uninspired. I've only beaten 3 of the first 4 levels (WTF only being able to choose from half...)

In theory that lets you design the second half of the levels with the abilities you get in the first half in mind. I dunno if 7 does that though since I've never played it, but 8 definitely does.

Also it was getting to the point where 'here's 8 levels with no idea what order to do then in' was starting to be unacceptable design when that came out.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Doctor Spaceman posted:

So, Metroid Prime?

Don't engage with Stux

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Japanese Death Stranding art seems different

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Golden Goat posted:

Are there any good chrismas-y video game songs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvd-vxC7JXc

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I wish 5 was out already

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I meant in English you buggers :argh:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The open world part in FF13 is a huge vertical increase in difficulty when you first get there and basically smacks the emergency brakes on a game that that was pretty fast paced until that point. Just trying to follow the story will get you completely and utterly owned so you're expected to spend something like 8 hours doing the early C'ieth stone missions and learning which enemies can safely tackled and which you have to avoid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Snak posted:

Maps in general are highly over-rated.

I'm playing Rise of the Tomb Raider at the moment and I'm starting to agree with this.

• Locked thread