Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I don't know if anyone else is familiar with the Legends of Localization book series but the second one, about Earthbound, came out on November 23rd. I ordered one as soon as I found out the other day and I'm very excited for it to arrive, the first book about The Legend of Zelda, was great. And the next one is going to be about the original Super Mario Bros, I look forward to reading it in a few years when it comes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

ImpAtom posted:

I genuinely think a LotU2 starring Joel and Ellie is dumb because the original was a well-done self-contained story that resolved itself quite well and we don't really need a second trip with them.

That's how creative people think, that's not how corporations with stock holders think, though.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Hobby grade discounts.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Welcome to the age of post factual game reviews.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Lurdiak posted:

DID YOU KNOW, if I like a game it has no flaws? It's true.

Wrong.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Sakurazuka posted:

Review my rear end

You are a nasty woman.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Isn't Marvelous: Mouhitotsu no Takarajim very similar to Goof Troop? I have never played it but I've heard it talked about and kinda want to check it out.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Upgrade that stasis too, it's very useful. Man, Dead Space is a really really good game and I should replay it one day.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

CJacobs posted:

Dope is for dopes :)

Yeah, like I'm going to listen to the top narc about anything.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Lost Odyssey is free on Xbox atm, go download it because it's a cool Final Fantasy style game with good music and well written short stories.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Rogue Galaxy was the last game I remember renting from a brick and mortar rental store. It was a Hollywood Video in the plaza that I work in, it is now a pizza hut/debella's subs.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Guy Mann posted:

Everything in Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain is a callback or allusion to something in the rest of the series, it's great.

I am ashamed of my words and deeds.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
My name is ONE YEAR LATER and Oh Brother, Where Art Thou? is my favorite movie on the Citadel.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
My tower is also named Bort.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

oddium posted:

my goty list:
3) tms #fe

Word, this game is good and makes me want to play the older and newer Persona games.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Regy Rusty posted:

It made me want to play Persona 4, and then I did and it is also great

I am waiting for Golden to go on sale, gonna play the heck out of it.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Stux posted:

also its down to like £6.99 now in the uk isnt it just at sale level prices constantly now

Still $29.99 in the US PS store, which isn't bad but with the amount of stuff I have sitting there untouched waiting until either PSN shuts down or it goes on sale is a better option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Mak0rz posted:

My cousin is hosting a Christmas party tonight. I haven't seen him in like 8 years so it'll be nice to visit him.

Also he married into an Italian family so I am prepared to stuff myself with excellent food and wine :discourse:

It's gonna be loud and there will be lots of arm waving.

• Locked thread