Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Silver2195 posted:

Yeah, the weird thing is there's probably a fair amount of actual child rape by politicians and their buddies...but it's the pareidolia and not the more plausible allegations that take off on Reddit et al. I think some of this is partisanship; if Bill was raping girls on Epstein's jet, Donald probably was too, but the Pizzagate allegations are directed exclusively at Democrats (as far as I know). Some of it is also frustration at the lack of a "smoking gun," leading people to convince themselves that something totally innocent is a smoking gun. The weirder factor, though (which I don't really understand) is that it's not enough for some people that politicians are raping kids; they have to be doing it as part of a Satanic ritual. It's tempting to attribute this to an Evangelical religious background, but many of the people who latch onto this sort of thing seem to be non-religious. :iiam:

A lot of people I know who are especially into the weird Illuminati/satanic ritual side of conspiracy theories wouldn't describe themselves as religious but definitely would describe themselves as spiritual. And that label stretches all the way from pantheism ("I don't actually worship any of them, but I believe that all religions are simultaneously correct and all gods are real") to Alex Grey-style psychedelia ("there are beings beyond our dimension and we can only communicate with them by doing poo poo tons of DMT") to vague world-worship ("All the cosmos are one and I'm one with the cosmos"). The only thing they all have in common is that they believe that the people who secretly run the world all engage in dark rituals even if they don't actually believe these rituals do anything or mean anything. It's just another thing for them to get riled up over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread