Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Furnaceface posted:

Theyre playing Dallas, I wouldnt worry about not being able to get that one back.

no they aren't.

Is the Pittsburgh broadcast a joke? they did a whole feature on Stephen Johns during the 1st period after he assisted on the goal. Talking about how Johns almost scored his first career NHL goal. Then in the intermission they asked Johns what what it felt like to almost get his first NHL goal against his good friend Marc Andre Fleury.

Not only does Johns have 2 goals already this season, he scored in the previous season too.

Like I appreciate that they are actually highlighting Dallas Stars players, but how loving difficult is it to use the hockey reference website?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

*sigh*

sometimes the Stars would be better off without a goaltender.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

seems like the Stars are in full on 2014-15 mode. Good team, can play some beautiful hockey and obviously has talent. When the team is scoring the goaltenders are letting em in, and when the team gets good goaltending we can't bloody score :(

Not enough wins.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Stars were really awful in the 3rd, looked like the team that played last night to my eye.

There's not a team I'd bet on the Stars to beat right now. Very real chance that Dallas is in contention for a top pick in next year's draft.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Classic Stars defeatism. You think Dallas fans are negative? the players literally give up every time a bounce goes against them, and then stop playing entirely when the game is out of reach.

Not long now before the veterans are traded out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Ginette Reno posted:

They looked pretty good for the first two periods. Played the Pens pretty evenly. That Sid goal was a bit of a back breaker after what a good period they'd had.

yeah they looked pretty good for this year. Nothing like a competitive playoff team from the western conference though. The defense was a disgrace from the start of the game.

Literally the only thing I care to watch about the Stars right now is Julius Honka, who has the making of a true franchise d-man. If they send him down to the AHL when Johnny Oduya comes back from his injury, then I'm done with spending my time on this team until the roster looks dramatically different.

• Locked thread