Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Actual game of the year
Picross 3D Round 2
Bad Rats 2
Advance Wars DS on the virtual console
Your Favorite Overrated Game: Remastered Edition
View Results

• Locked thread
Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
This is amazingly cringey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

El Jeffe posted:

After looking at the GOTY nominees list I realized that this was kind of a poo poo year for games. Overwatch is cool I guess :shrug:

There were tons of amazing games this year. They just aren't part of this stupid show.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Holy poo poo this is pathetic.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
lol Kojima didn't even expect this nonsense

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I genuinely don't get why people are slobbering over Kojima so much now.

He's a cool dude but people are fanatics about him right now even though his game have always been deeply flawed due to his own personal "touch".

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Like that trailer was another big pile of nothing but people are already acting like Death Stranding is gonna be amazing.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
This totally isn't a paid advertisement guys, Warframe deserves to be here!

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Guy Goodbody posted:

Is this an awards show or a trailer show?

Its advertising disguised as an award show.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
It turns out even when he can make whatever he wants Kojima is still making a game about PMCs and the future of warfare.

Guy Goodbody posted:

I bet it will be literally better than the Warcraft movie

This is about as low as the bar can be set.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Cancer finally won an award.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Following up the game about cancer with praising the game where players call each other cancer.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Holy poo poo this guy is like the personification of the word gamer.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
"Thank you for giving me a distraction from the crippling reality we live in."

So inspiring

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
"Not just another hero shooter"

Yeah sure.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Yeah its crazy how these votes are all for the same game. Almost like they paid to get in or something.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Why is Michael Phelps at a game show

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
How many times have Bioware tried to sell us on "the choice is yours!" nonsense? Why do people still fall for it?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Congrats on paying the most money to win the award Blizzard

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
A message about heroism and diversity, as shown by pushing a bomb to nuke a bunch of sentient robots.

gently caress off.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Fargin Icehole posted:

Don't get me wrong, Overwatch is a pretty good game you can pick up and play, and it feels satisfying when things go your way, BUT

The hero rhetoric? It's a competitive game.

Seriously it annoys me that Blizzard is acting like Overwatch has some amazing heroic narrative when it couldn't be further from it. There's nothing heroic about what you do in Overwatch. You just shoot other people to accomplish some vague, pointless goal. All the story in the shorts is completely disconnected from the game itself. There's no good integration of story and gameplay, which is what a game should strive for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Overall I think the funniest part of the night was watching the incredibly awkward verbal blow job the announcer gave Kojima.

Abroham Lincoln posted:

or games could just be fun

Of course. Overwatch was fun for awhile too. Blizzard acting like its any more than a silly shooting game is the problem.

• Locked thread