Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Actual game of the year
Picross 3D Round 2
Bad Rats 2
Advance Wars DS on the virtual console
Your Favorite Overrated Game: Remastered Edition
View Results

• Locked thread
Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I appreciate the awkwardness they have on these shows, it's reflective of the people that play these great games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Another thing I really appreciate though is the professionalism. I absolutely loved the Industry Icon of Last year being awarded to Westwood Studios, and I grew up playing RTSes.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Did DOOM win any awards yet?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Best music, I think.

If this is not true, then it will be a travesty. Mick Gordon's work on this game was a goddamn masterpiece.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Oh nooooooooooooo.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Oh goddamnit, it should have been doom

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Don't get me wrong, Overwatch is a pretty good game you can pick up and play, and it feels satisfying when things go your way, BUT

The hero and diversity rhetoric? It's a competitive game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Internet Kraken posted:

Seriously it annoys me that Blizzard is acting like Overwatch has some amazing heroic narrative when it couldn't be further from it. There's nothing heroic about what you do in Overwatch. You just shoot other people to accomplish some vague, pointless goal. All the story in the shorts is completely disconnected from the game itself. There's no good integration of story and gameplay, which is what a game should strive for.

I think I read a few Bios from the heroes before the game launched, and the writing was just, really, really bad.

• Locked thread