Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Solo queue ranked really is a joke. Repeated 3-4 stacks versus “How do I not recruit?”off the free weekend, and straight losses from Gold IV to Bronze I. FML.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Wheee, tanked all the way with consecutive leavers from Gold IV to Bronze I. :smithicide:

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Well, I got to Gold once, just means I gotta do the long climb back up again, doesn't it. And agreed, the only common denominator in your losses is you, so I've always gotta partially carry the can too.

Just venting really.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Like most things, the true answer is probably somewhere in the middle - Combination of being repeatedly queued with 'How do I not Recruit?' leavers, smurfs, and personal failure.

Like I said, I'm accepting of my part in it, it's just cathartic, and knowing I've been up there before means I know it CAN be done.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Although I say that, try to be reasonable & contrite then get double leaver after first round. FUUUuuuuuuuCK.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Love a few QOL changes, like being able to see the map easier, and showing the spawn locations or the known objectives on it outside of picking them (so they already give you this information, you just can’t acces it on demand). I’m only now remembering my way around maps, and some I still get turned around on, or can’t remember where the stairs are.

Moment to moment locations are fine, but the larger scale would be nice to be able to remember.

Personal wish that would affect the game - let me see where my drone is/was.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Mine is having to get plinked in the last 10 seconds rushing because I'm the only one sweeping the roamers in the preceding 3 minutes. I just feel naturally compelled to put all Caveira and Ela players into graves.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I'm hard coded to just use cardinal directions now, relative to the person. I always feel confused when people call the rooms by name, because I spend a few seconds going 'right, good, where IS that, again?'

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Vooze posted:

Had a quick skim of the thread but couldn't find anything: Any ausgoons playing this on the regs in the discord/a discord?

I'm potato but would love to play casual with people who know what they're doing.

I’m moving to Australia today (literally typing this on the way to the airport!) so I shall be attempting to form a goonstack once I’m settled.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I don’t think I’ll ever tire of the free wins you can earn by tossing Valk Cams out windows when the round starts for guaranteed peeks. The chaos you get to watch as offence tries to work out how they’re being spotted is DELICIOUS.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Remember a while ago Aus goons were tying to organise and play together? No, of course not. Well, did it happen? Is there a Discord or whatever, because now I’m settled in Brissy I’m already bored of pub solo queue.

(If the answer is no I’ll just make one for you lazy fucks.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Can we get an updated Discord link please?

E: Read back, Shockeh. Link for others: https://discord.gg/MCQvh79

• Locked thread