Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Obviously go full Nazi with censorship, why do you think game is designed so that Ash and Smoke are in the opposite teams? :rolleye:

Hard this is your bi-daily reminder that not being able to mute an single person in chat is an epitome of stupidity in game design.

The online player interaction aspect of the game is just supremely awful all around. I know people in this thread largely dislike Overwatch but that's something Blizzard has always been really good at and it's phenomenal in Overwatch. Uplay sucks (it SUCKS, Hard) and Siege really has no more than the most barebones online interface slapped on top of it. I really wish the profit motive weren't so real for it because it leaves very little time for expanding and polishing quality of life stuff like that when new content has to get pushed out the door constantly so the game can justify its right to continue existing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Ularg posted:

Finally finished my placement matches and got Silver 1. Perfect representation of how painfully average I am.

Don't sweat it. I got placed into Silver 2 because I played with full squads of good players and went up against gold and platinum for all my placement matches. Won like 2 or 3 out of 10. Then I went into solo ranked as Silver 3, and 4 matches later I was Gold 3 and MVP nearly every round.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

My consistent problem is understanding when a room is just a death trap. Like, the entire room is 12 open angles one way or another. I feel like I need to hug the objective and die for it.
That and I'm really jumpy so when I get surprised by a sudden taking fire my hand jolts and I lose my orientation. I'm decent at fighting people I'm aware of though.

Twitchiness is largely your enemy in this game. A good flick can land you a headshot but if you jump when you enter combat then you will die often. Calm and collected people aim for the head while you're spraying randomly.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Oh I didn't mean it that way. I don't like trying to snap headshots anyway (I play a lot of junkrat in overwatch so this is an adjustment to say the least.). I was just kvetching that I have a jump scare reaction to getting ambushed so I cant even put up some lovely self defense and get blown away.
I am having a lot of fun. It's just going to take some time for me to build a danger sense so I know where the murder box is before I'm trapped in a corner, and to realize I might be "flanking" straight into their entry point they're still faffing about in.

Drone ahead of where you're going! That will cut down on your ambushes significantly.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Black Griffon posted:

Is there something wrong with my sound or does no one ever talk in casual games? I'm on my last match before rank 20 now, and I've never heard a single word uttered.

I pretty much just do reflex callouts in casual.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

cinci zoo sniper posted:

That is a very wise design decision. Echo would be noticeably weaker if the developers did leave idiot teammates ability to mark from the drone.

Nope. Valkyrie cameras are the only type of camera/drone besides the basic one that your teammates can see and mark through. Only dead teammates can see through your Yokai, and only when you're looking through it.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

cinci zoo sniper posted:

So, I said that Echo's drone can not be used by teammates to mark enemies, and now you are disagreeing with that and saying that Echo's drone can not be used by teammates to mark enemies?

No. I am saying it is not a good design decision for the reason you provided, because that reason would not be applicable either way. Teammates could not mark through your drones even if you could.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I want to play Blitz without getting headshot through my shield :smith:

Edit: Those are SMGs.

Me too, brother :smithicide:

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

quote:

Conversely, a player that does not land kills, but still wins often, should be ranked quite high (maybe they make excellent callouts, which is an important factor in a team’s ability to win)

Finally, Hard created a game that appreciates me :unsmith:

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

That feel when you were teamed with The Only Good Solo Players and made it from Silver 3 to Gold 3 in 4 games

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

So today i got a kill only because i heard Ash pull up the drone camera right on the other side of the wall from me and knew it was safe to rush in. Something i didn't know that enemies could hear

How many other little things that make noise can enemies hear? Like when you're spinning in place and your guys feet makes shuffling noises? Or how about when you aim down the sights and you can definitely hear something on your end?

Every single one of those things and more

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Admiral Joeslop posted:

When I play solo with my speakers, I hear sounds much better and louder than my headphones when actually playing in a group for voice chat. Is there some way I'm missing to increase the volume in Windows 10 more than 100? The game sound isn't nearly as loud (or good but these are nice speakers).

You can lower the volume of your voice chat program through your OS's mixer, or vice versa for the game.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

AbortRetryFail posted:

If this is something desirable maybe they shouldn't all be using the same smartphone. It wouldn't make sense for them to have different sounds unless you make the guy yell out LETS HAVE A LOOK AT THIS DRONE THEN.

Also is "placing claymore B)" voice line team only? If not that is a bit awkward.

For that matter, why do things like new seasons' voice lines and weapons not retroactively apply to rules like "this kind of weapon for this challenge" or "this kind of sound can be heard by the enemy team"? Do they not have a tagging system for these game assets? Was their game whose continued existence depends entirely on new content not planned for future expansion?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

The Duggler posted:

So you just have a whole bunch of background game noise playing over your voice chat?

I find hearing myself to be way more distracting than some background game noise tbf.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

cinci zoo sniper posted:

How do you even hear yourself in R6, even with microphone+speakers?

Well, my voice comes out of the speakers and back into the microphone, and then it's relayed to me through their voice chat. Which I find disorienting.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

I'm not sure what you are trying to say with the last sentence, but Glaz is one of the least useful operators in the game. It's a dead weight on the team in any situation that isn't Plane with defenders going for spots other than the cargo hold. Even then, Glaz will often be just killed from the side by a peeking defender.

~Le Operator~ tryhard instalocks Jager usually. Attack has broader variety.

~Le Operator~ usually picks Ash, in my experience. And Glaz can be kinda scary, his rifle does a LOT of damage. You have to be good at the game to clutch with him but he will gently caress you up.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Yeah that's my question, what exactly is the situation that your voice comes out of the speakers? :confused:

He said he wears earbuds so that voice chat doesn't come out of his speakers. If it did, then it would come out of his speakers and go back into his microphone, where I'd be able to hear it.

The rest of your post is pretty spot on.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Hard posted:

If the game wasn't oneshot-headshot i'm fairly sure we would see a shitton more of 'Main Glaz''

e: ffffffff Quote != EditReply

Let Glaz shoot through indestructible walls. Problem Solved

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I'll probably be buying the season pass too. Speaking as someone who was proud to have not spent any money on this game until a few months ago.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Party Plane Jones posted:

It's appallingly hard to get a sledge kill on anybody who isn't comatose or downed.

Unless you play on console.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Hard, why doesn't your MMR uncertainty increase when you unexpectedly win games? It would solve the problem of the game thinking it's "got you pegged" after 100 gently caress-around matches and slow progression if it started increasing again when you started punching above your weight.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Captn Kurp posted:

Cool video, how realistic is the sound propagation compared to real life? Just curious, not criticizing.

More realistic than any other game, which makes it confusing sometimes.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Points also help you level up faster!

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

What's with the matchmaking today

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Very excited about some of these changes, especially the Russian op buffs. Hopefully getting shot in the face through my shield will go away along with the nitro nerf.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

It's no more bullshit than the new machine pistol, I'm at peace with it so long as it doesn't have an ACOG.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

IceOrb posted:

Hard we need answers for the important questions and we need them now.

Starting with what the gently caress this is:

http://imgur.com/FoykImq

I was confused until I realized it was casting a shadow on the trapdoor, lmao

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

D-d-d-drop the client

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMHfD1B78G0

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

tonight in ranked i had a cav down herself trying to impact grenade me as montagne; i took 0 damage from both of them

At last, shields are actually useful

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

why are machine pistols so good

More dakka

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I got 4 knife kills in one game on Bartlett. And I only got 5 kills.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

It's a great game but it's not like Hard pockets the proceeds of the shop sales. Showing that the game can be profitable and is worth continuing to make content for is not the same as lining the pockets of Ubisoft CEOs by buying overpriced gimmicky skins.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

gently caress you guys I play Blitz unironically and he owns

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

That's it, I'm gonna buy the skin just to spite you haters

It will make an excellent addition to my MLG montages

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I loving knifed Montagne and it downed him, FIX YOUR GAME HARD

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

rap music posted:

I got downed (by what I assume was bullshit)

Siege.txt

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

console.gif

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Rainbow Six Siege: I am confused as to why I am [not] dead.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Floodkiller posted:

Placing my bet that the cause is that knives are under the same damage calculation section as explosions and is hitting a "shield protected" body part, but still does enough to down.

I would be so angry if this were the case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

so I was playing a game earlier and had a weird glitch - I was moving throughout the map on my screen and could interact normally with the environment and players, but to everyone else my character model was on the roof, so people were being shot by an invisible blitz, while to me everything seemed normal. any idea what this was?

Had that before on Haveford, killcam showed him shooting me from outside the building. Thought he was hacking at the time.

• Locked thread