Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

Caffeine IV posted:

I feel like I remember something about Thunt recoil being different from pvp, but maybe I'm insane???

what really? I go into Thunt to test the guns out, that's pretty bad if the recoil is actually different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
i just wanna say i appreciate that the new map has an adequate number of toilets for a change

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
It's still early in the season, matchmaking is always janky at that point. Especially with how they totally reset it this time.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
Yeah its pretty unusual. I always listen to music or a podcast when I'm playing casual anyway so I wouldn't hear you even if you do say anything, and I know I'm not alone in that.

If you want to have teamwork and voice comms, play ranked.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Edit: Those are SMGs.

hm, weird inconsistency, looks like Hibana's doesn't count. I was trying to get the terrorist hunt challenge with her but it wasn't registering. Sledge's SMG11 works fine still though.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
This is one of the only games that makes me angry. :sigh:

I don't rage in chat about it though, I just whine to my friends on discord.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
I didn't get the first one but I got this one

IceOrb posted:

I bought them.

Because I'm on a quest to fund the game entirely through micro transactions.

http://i.imgur.com/ncu8xii.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/LnSBepO.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/bR8G7dk.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/dJLWwPQ.jpg

all that frost headgear but no vacation? for shame

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
Statistics on the Ubi site are just PVP, they don't include terrorist hunt/ situations and time spent sitting around in menus.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
Just do it on each gun as you play a round with it.

I mostly just want more uniforms.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
They crossed that bar ages ago. I can't count the number of times I've died because of my bright white black ice helmet as Jager or Bandit. Or my vacation hat as Frost. You stick out like a sore thumb.

Also am I the only one that has trouble spotting the spetznaz operators sometimes? I find their camo blends in with concrete (i.e. half the maps) really well.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
Also the incredibly bright red light when you look at them directly. And the dot is pretty easy to spot, you usually look in the places it might appear anyway.

I only bring them on 3 armor attackers.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets

Finlands Sexiest posted:

Tatchanka still useless but maybe I'll just have to see him in action

I feel like there are some points he's gonna be really good now. He can totally deny entrance from the garage in Bank, for instance.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
Yeah I dunno what it is cause everybody says it's awful, but Frost's SMG is one of my favorite guns in the game. I guess since it fires slowly I have an easier time controlling its recoil.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets

Heran Bago posted:

Every time I start Siege, since I first installed it before the Brazil patch, I get one of these two errors:

It's related to my SD card reader when it's empty. Cancel or Continue makes it go away. It's never been more than an annoyance but I finally took pictures of it.

Is there a public bug tracker or something similar for Ubisoft games?

Yeah I've been getting this too from all the way back in the second to last beta/alpha whatever more than a year ago. Now you mention it, it would be pretty nice if it was fixed, it seems pretty harmless but it does mean I have to hang around for a minute as the game launches to click past it every time.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
that was... not the change I was hoping for with frost's SMG. I guess I'll have to try it in game but the centering time sounds like a potentially huge nerf, now they've described the terms I think that's the main reason I love it so much.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
oh:

quote:

The team of engineers led by Elena “Mira” Alvarez Del Manzano

Spanish operator maybe? Maybe she can repair breaches or something.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
in terrorist hunt on bartlett in the lower library, there's a resupply box that's covered by a couch

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
Isn't it gadgets and melee kills still? Just knife people after you down them.

I like that it's a bit harder and forces you to actually plan for it a bit, most of the challenges you just end up getting passively.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
1 knife kill a round? If we're not counting finishing people off or shields, I probably have less than 10 legit knife kills in like 300 hours of play.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
Yeah if they do a fancy set like that for an operator I actually play, I'd probably consider it. Definitely gonna get an elite skin if they do one for frost or bandit. (well, if it's good)

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Money on the steam page. It's just ta ghost recon skin though

oh i meant a uniform, not just a gun camo

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
Yeah I think they should revert the recoil nerf they did back in the last nerf. The lower HP shields seem to be fine though, it's what I expected him to be like when he was first announced. He'll still win around corners. People just don't play him right now because they were used to him being ridiculously overpowered.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets

Vatek posted:

Is it just me or is the matchmaking getting increasingly unstable? Tons of matchmaking errors over the last week.

Yeah I've been getting the same, definitely feels abnormally high.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
Yeah I guess it doesn't really jive with the business model, but even something minor you can only get by playing as an operator over the long term would be cool. It's kinda fallen out of vogue but I actually liked that side of Modern Warfare etc, milestones like getting the golden camo for a gun.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
if only that worked in pvp

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
I've never gotten that, but yeah this game has basically ruined spherical black cameras for me now.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
No fix for hibana rounds dudding?

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets

Major Isoor posted:

Yeah, and I've found that if you run up to one of the duds (as Hibana at least) and whack one with your gun, they'll instantly explode. Not great for your health, but well...it's better than nothing, right? :v:

I'll try that from now on, I'd take it over them dudding. It's only happened to me a few times so far but it pretty much costs you the round when it happens on certain points.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
Flanking is vital in Siege too, you just have to drone ahead of where you're jumping in. 90% of the time there's no reason you should be entering without first making sure it's clear inside, especially for the initial entrance.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
Yeah if you're not confident in doing it alone then do it in pairs. And not to say you'll never get caught out if you drone properly but go in alone, but there's entries into nearly every map that are pretty safe to go into and hard for the defenders to reposition at if you've already flushed them out. Keep in mind you also get flashbangs and grenades if you need them.

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Flanking is useful but only after the match drags on and the teams don't have enough guys to cover angles.

flanking is pretty much always useful. If you're attacking all from the same direction then you're conceding one of the major advantages that attackers have.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Eh staying in the same spot hasn't hurt me too much as defender. Maybe it's like a double bluff and they expect me move. Also I really don't like leaving the room because everyone runs around to get sick kills and someone needs to make sure they don't just pick up the hostage.

It's not so much leaving the room you're in, but moving out of the literal spot where you are. You're just leaving yourself open to getting prefired.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
Weird to me how the racism seems to be a universal experience, I have voice chat muted so maybe I'm missing some there but I've pretty much never experienced it otherwise. People are still assholes but in the "ez pz" sorta way instead.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
I agree that they should get 2 reinforcements, but I think giving them all sights is a bad idea, I don't need 5 people running out spawncamping with the jager gun each game, or 5 people with a famas and frag grenade. People already pick recruit shield over the dedicated shield operators a ton of the time, the extra choice gives them a lot of versatility. If you extended that to every role in the game things would get old really fast.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

When I don't hear an explosion I know it got popped

Problem with that is there's the other bug where sometimes your nades will get stuck on something or whatever and end up exploding super late.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets

lohli posted:

Grenades should explode at the same time regardless of whether or not they get caught on things.

Having them rubberband back into your face is always good though.

Maybe I misidentified the cause but there's definitely a bug where your grenades don't explode when they should.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
Huh maybe there's a different bug for the nonlethal ones, but no, it's frag grenades (and I know how to cook them :mad:). To be fair I haven't encountered it in a while, but it threw me off the first few times I encountered the Jager trophy bug since that's what I thought was happening instead.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Oh poo poo really? I thought it was just best of seven

Wait what? I'm so confused right now because there's a screen shot and everything, but isn't it just first to 4, or first to 6 if the other team makes it to 3 too? I've done hundreds of ranked games and I can't remember it ever going to 7 :psyduck:

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
required pick when you play kids bedroom on casual

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets

IceOrb posted:

"The original Blitz... and I'm sure the fans are going to freak out about this... The original Blitz was an attacker that spawned during the prep phase."

HARD BUFF BLITZ.

:eyepop:

I guess that explains his name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
There was a breakdown at the end of matches where you saw when people died, who they killed etc too. It was pretty cool.

• Locked thread