Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I need to get back into this game. I played it a ton for the first few months when it came out but a number of frustrating things about the game just stacked up until I just didn't want to play anymore, but it sounds like a lot of stuff has been fixed? Are there any plans to do anything more interesting with T-hunt in season 2? While I pretty much just played multiplayer I did enjoy a good T-hunt from time to time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Still think Tachanka's tin can should act as body armor for his head, making a headshot hit count as down instead of dead the first time he is shot in the head.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Counter-Strike was a clone of Rainbow-Six :smuggo:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Lemon-Lime posted:

They work, they just don't work how you think they do.

IIRC according to Hard, once the matchmaking has found 10 people, it throws every map each of those ten people doesn't have disabled into a hat, then randomly draws a ticket and that's the map that gets chosen, so even if you play with four other people who have Favela disabled, there's still a chance you'll get it unless you matchmake against five more who also have it disabled.

So if you have 9 people all with only the house map enable and one dude with all maps enable, it will then draw from a hat with one of each map?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Lemon-Lime posted:

It will put House in ten times, and everything else once.

Oh good, thanks!

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Megasabin posted:

I'm not sure why it's funny that I couldn't even get the product to work after 2 hours of tinkering.

More like uDONTplay amirite?

But seriously it is a bummer you couldn't get it to work, the game is indeed quite fun and unique.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Megasabin posted:

Number 4 on things I've tried that didn't help :(. Thanks for the suggestion though!

I know I could probably fight harder for a refund if I explain that all the time spent in the game was trying to get it to work, but my brother really is excited to play the game together, so I figure I should give this the absolute best shot that I can at getting it to work. I'm just totally befuddled, because I primarily play multiplayer games, and haven't had an network issue since maybe 10 years ago when I had to deal with college network stuff.

Have you tried calling your ISP and seeing if they have some poo poo on their end loving you over? Also, you could order a standard modem from amazon to try and connect directly to your modem to test and if it doesn't work just return that poo poo.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Megasabin posted:

I tethered my phone's 4G/LTE, and the game is able to connect to the servers this way. I guess that tells me the issue lies somewhere with our router/modem. We still have no idea what that issue is though.

Pure anecdotal story, but I used to use a router/modem combo and had a fair amount of problems with it. Switched back to standard separate router + modem deal and things have gotten a lot better.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Toss your C4 on the armor and kill your teammates imo

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Whats the definition of "too" in "too much time"

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Too good.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Please click this link.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

fy_poolparty was the superior pool map.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

IceOrb posted:

<3 Hard.

*EDIT*

/brownnose

Thanks for all you do man.

What is this poo poo. Fix your loving game Hard.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Just put a tarp over the pool and make going over it an instant drown death.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Zaodai posted:

I use ACOGs on every gun that will take them because it makes it easier for my lovely old man eyes to pick out assholes hiding in the shadows with just their little ski mask peeking out. I still die to that way too often.

Yeah, I use ACOGs not for the zoom really but just because its makes it easier to find guys heads hiding behind a desk between two lamps and a pile of books.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

My favorite defender is german recruit with the carbine AR and C4.

Favorite recruit attacker is 3 armor french guy with a famas and frags.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

afkmacro posted:

Has anyone played For Honor here? I can't find a goon thread and I just got an invite to the closed betademo, apparently I can invite three garbage idiots on my ubi friends list so if you already have me added PM me for invite.

I got an invite too, I found Chivalry entertaining for a little bit so it maybe this will be to?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Lemon-Lime posted:

Hey Hard, when are recruits finally getting that second wall reinforcement and gun optics that don't rely on vastly uneven ironsight apertures? :v:

Still agree 100% with this, one of the major bummers about this game is that I can't get a gun RP boner since operators are strictly limited to 2 or 3 weapons.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Admiral Joeslop posted:

What was the original design philosophy behind limiting recruits and does it still apply?

Entice you to unlock operators and maybe spend cash to get them all faster? I dunno really considering it doesn't take long to unlock all the base operators.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Recruit also get the best ski-masks.

VVV It might make them look at operator abilities and make sure they actually are very useful and worth taking over a the recruit with a great gun loadout.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jan 25, 2017

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

SatelliteCore posted:

Maybe just take away recruits so we don't have to see a bunch of backseat game designers think they know the developer's vision and balance better than they do.

This is a game of characters with asymmetrical sides and strengths and weaknesses. Expect to sacrifice potency if you want customization that crosses those lines.

drat so edgy friend.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The counter is obviously going to be the other new operator, comes equipped with a portable mop and bucket.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Being able to lower graphics to such a degree really is silly, you basically have to do the same to remain competitive at that point why bother making the games pretty?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Ridiculous deaths from fuse's grenades will be this games longest lasting impression. GIFs of these magical kills will still be around 20 years from now.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Schrodinger - Your gadget tells you if there is something alive or dead in an unscouted room.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Using a teammates smoke grenade and IQs wrist thing to pistol people through smoke was pretty great... when it worked.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Hard, do shotguns have a slug ammunition option yet?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Even though I haven't played this game in forever I would encourage anyone interested in it to just pull the trigger and get it, probably my most favorite shooter in a long rear end time even though it is ran through udontplay.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

IceOrb posted:

Siege is a pretty well optimized game.

Not to mention, as in standard FPS tradition, if you make your game look like dogshit you get a nice advantage over someone playing with max settings and shadows and things.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Guillermus posted:

The true way to play any FPS is like CS 1.0 with these low polygon and bright colour models and everything at low :shepface:

Correct.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Fix your drat game Hard.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Orv posted:

So are you stupid or just being stupid?

both and none

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

At least we dont have to complain about a broken matchmaking system anymore.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Man, if you want, I can go ahead. Just last week me and friend, in a party, got matched into different games.

Uplay knows whats best for your friendship, just accept it.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I like IQ's LMG its fun.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

What the gently caress is Game DVR and Game Bar.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Can we get Odd-job complete with a hat throwing instant kill attack?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Can we get better matchmaking and hit registration?

:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Recruits should get two reinforcements.

and attachments.

• Locked thread