Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
You know, when you think about it, the simplest reason why Inf's vig failed to kill Tobbs is because he lied about ever using it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
i told u i was hardcore

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

this is a stickup posted:

interesting. guess he used that on slasher. pretty good move.

More that he used the perish song on i am the bird and then suicided onto Slasher.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

SirSamVimes posted:

More that he used the perish song on i am the bird and then suicided onto Slasher.

ah, thanks for clarifying exactly what exactly you guys did. I was assuming he used it on slasher to avoid a bomb death, then the other scum killed bird last night.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I think that i am the bird evolved after the claimed vig too? So there's not way he used his one shot to save Tobbs.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

ah, thanks for clarifying exactly what exactly you guys did. I was assuming he used it on slasher to avoid a bomb death, then the other scum killed bird last night.

Oh nevermind, I misread how the ability worked. I thought it was *if* you die, the targetted player dies.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

SirSamVimes posted:

Oh nevermind, I misread how the ability worked. I thought it was *if* you die, the targetted player dies.

are you willing you to take one for the team and "win" with the town (as you're an anti-scum role), even if it means you technically losing

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I mean I'm gonna keep playing for the town because scum winning before they kill me would mean a loss.

Given that there's probably two scum remaining, I can't even try to make a deal where I vote with them if they promise to kill me in the night because I'm pretty sure I'd be endgamed before the night even happens. :(

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

So of Infinitum, stickup and DB, two have got to be scum.

I mean it's possible that only one is, but in a game this size I'd guess two especially seeing as IS was willing to sacrifice himself to get the kills.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I've had stickup pegged for town for a bit, probably need to re-read him to make sure though.

DickBastardly I had listed as "2 dumb 4 scum" for a while, but he has done no scum hunting since then so I'm leaning scumbo at the moment.

Inf I also need to re-read but he pushed Tobbs' really hard (probably harder than he needed to be pushed frankly). He also claims his vig failed but I don't think there have been any roles flipped yet that explain it so it seems like a lie to me.

SSV claimed 3p bodyguard who wins when he blocks a scum kill and only a scum kill. Its a super weird claim and the fact that he still has failed to meet his wincon or be night killed is extremely suspicious.

Currently leaning SSV/DB for scum team.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Also re: DB, he was the only person who disagreed with testing the mason claim. I don't think there was any doubt that we needed to kill one of us to guarantee our alignment at that point so it seems like something he set up so he could "Aha! Told you they were town!" later on or make me think he was town or something I dunno.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Y'know, the fact that I haven't been killed yet makes me suspicious of Infinitum. I've been guarding him a bunch, so what if they've been leaving me alone because they know I've been guarding a scumbo?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
It's easy to not get night killed when you are the one doing the killing

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Yeah but I'm not scum tho

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I'm not creative enough to come up with 3p bodyguard as a fakeclaim

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I'm reading the thread and I just realized that water is like the only type that hasn't shown up in gym advantages or disadvantages. steel, ground, and electric have all shown up and apparently no one even has those types.

this is discrimination, pmush

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

SirSamVimes posted:

I'm not creative enough to come up with 3p bodyguard as a fakeclaim

you wouldn't have to if someone in the scumdoc did :v:

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I would have been willing to put more faith in you but that response to "would you help the town win even if it meant you technically losing" was pretty bad tbh

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I would have been willing to put more faith in you but that response to "would you help the town win even if it meant you technically losing" was pretty bad tbh

blunt honesty is bad these days?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
no the honesty is good, but unfortunately that doesn't put me in a position where I can trust you to take an action that might make you lose to let us win

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

what action can I take that would get me a win and the town a loss? My only possible hope is to lynch a scumbo today and die in the night which is pro-town.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

oh wait, actually I can still make a deal with scum

you really shouldn't have poked me because that made me start actually thinking about how to do it

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

##vote no lynch

I hope you kindly return the favour, friendly scumbos. Kill me, and we all win together.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
there is an almost foolproof scenario for the town and you both to win, yes, but you still are left with a chance of losing. higher odds than this strategy though.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

On one hand, I can hope to win a coin flip to win.

On the other, I can hope that scum are cool dudes.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

SirSamVimes posted:

##vote no lynch

I hope you kindly return the favour, friendly scumbos. Kill me, and we all win together.

How does this make you win? You explicitly stated you had to actually block a kill in order to win.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

SirSamVimes posted:

I'm gonna do something dumb.

Do not waste an investigation on me, I am 3p and not town. I exit the game victorious if I successfully block a kill from scum, but effectively I'm still a town bodyguard.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Truth Quark posted:

How does this make you win? You explicitly stated you had to actually block a kill in order to win.

I fudged the truth because I was worried that scum would try to deny me the win if they knew that directly killing me would cause me to win.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
it doesn't. he still has to flip a coin to win, and the coin isn't in his hands anymore.

I'm surprised he hadn't come up with a multitude of plans early on for ways to win by working with the scum instead of against, but based on this strategy, I think I get why

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

So it's a infin/db scumteam? That was a really good bus, Infinitum.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
that's even worse

poorly breadcrumb doc or cop on day 1 and you've won

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
3p bodyguard that wins by getting NK'd or by blocking a scum kill and thus dying.

I don't suppose you'd also win if you blocked an SK or vig kill?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Nah I was telling the truth that it has to be scum.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
unless it's really only one of them, in which case your strategy is double hosed. with this many 3p players, it's quite possible, especially considering the fact that our roles were all gated

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Raises the interesting question of what'd happen if scum and a vig/sk both targetted me.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
You're claim is ridiculous and I'm probably voting you today, but I'd like to hear what others have to say.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Truth Quark posted:

You're claim is ridiculous and I'm probably voting you today, but I'd like to hear what others have to say.

if I was lying, what possible benefit could I get from voting no lynch? Doing this 100% relies on there being two scum to hop onto the vote.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
dear friends db and inf, if you're both scum, let's all vote ssv. you guys get to win and we get to deny ssv together!

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Truth Quark posted:

You know, when you think about it, the simplest reason why Inf's vig failed to kill Tobbs is because he lied about ever using it.

I had been thinking the same thing about inf and his vig for a while

bird saved you with his one shot. I had him and me pegged as the doc/cop as soon pretty early on after the types were all revealed, as it was clear that the two of us + tobbs (assumed jailer at the time) were the starters.
dunno how bird jumped to the conclusion that IS was a cop. what? I brought up the starter 3 in the thread hoping to give him a hint in case he hadn't realized yet, as he knew one of the 3 was the doctor

Inf pushed extremely hard to flip a mason, when a cop could have cleared them both with one investigation. this is why I wanted you to actually cooperate so you wouldn't get lynched that day.
defended DB for seemingly no reason, and put him in the gym when it would not actually test his claim. reading the whole thing with IS's claim felt like an inf way of thinking to me, and pushing very hard to turbo him later also is completely fine if he knows IS is going to die anyway

why did people believe a "2x nightcop 1x daycop" with a result of "scum" anyway?
think about it for more than a second. there are a poo poo load of 3p players in this game, apparently. non town is the result I'd get, which is far more appropriate than scum. all you had to do was wait a few hours for me to get off work, but nooope, gotta go fast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
:quig:

• Locked thread