Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

this is a stickup posted:

ah, thanks for clarifying exactly what exactly you guys did. I was assuming he used it on slasher to avoid a bomb death, then the other scum killed bird last night.

Oh nevermind, I misread how the ability worked. I thought it was *if* you die, the targetted player dies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I mean I'm gonna keep playing for the town because scum winning before they kill me would mean a loss.

Given that there's probably two scum remaining, I can't even try to make a deal where I vote with them if they promise to kill me in the night because I'm pretty sure I'd be endgamed before the night even happens. :(

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

So of Infinitum, stickup and DB, two have got to be scum.

I mean it's possible that only one is, but in a game this size I'd guess two especially seeing as IS was willing to sacrifice himself to get the kills.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Y'know, the fact that I haven't been killed yet makes me suspicious of Infinitum. I've been guarding him a bunch, so what if they've been leaving me alone because they know I've been guarding a scumbo?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Yeah but I'm not scum tho

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I'm not creative enough to come up with 3p bodyguard as a fakeclaim

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

this is a stickup posted:

I would have been willing to put more faith in you but that response to "would you help the town win even if it meant you technically losing" was pretty bad tbh

blunt honesty is bad these days?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

what action can I take that would get me a win and the town a loss? My only possible hope is to lynch a scumbo today and die in the night which is pro-town.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

oh wait, actually I can still make a deal with scum

you really shouldn't have poked me because that made me start actually thinking about how to do it

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

##vote no lynch

I hope you kindly return the favour, friendly scumbos. Kill me, and we all win together.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

On one hand, I can hope to win a coin flip to win.

On the other, I can hope that scum are cool dudes.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Truth Quark posted:

How does this make you win? You explicitly stated you had to actually block a kill in order to win.

I fudged the truth because I was worried that scum would try to deny me the win if they knew that directly killing me would cause me to win.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

So it's a infin/db scumteam? That was a really good bus, Infinitum.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Nah I was telling the truth that it has to be scum.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Raises the interesting question of what'd happen if scum and a vig/sk both targetted me.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Truth Quark posted:

You're claim is ridiculous and I'm probably voting you today, but I'd like to hear what others have to say.

if I was lying, what possible benefit could I get from voting no lynch? Doing this 100% relies on there being two scum to hop onto the vote.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Yessss.

So did I successfully win the wifom-off or did you take pity and target me?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I hope you have enjoyed this demonstration on why you do not let someone who can win with scum make it to lylo/mylo.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

After reading the scumdoc. Hey Infinitum!

geeettttttt dunked on!!!

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

That perish fakeclaim was a great play. Even in a worst case scenario where he gets lynched, the song is already out.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Yeah but they tried to deny me the win but failed. :colbert:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Guessing it's because it lines up more with the vig claim.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

You played a good scum, going in hard on RF looked real good.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Dick Bastardly posted:

how did this happen?

you gambled... and lost

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

It was a neat gimmick to add to the tension.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

join anidav's game you watermelon seller

That's still open? Signing up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I legit considered bodyguarding Hiipfire just in case we had a nice scumteam like that

• Locked thread