Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

team rocket ain't got poo poo on Team Emptyquote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
OOOHHHHH You're my best friend IN A WORLD WE MUST DEFENNNNDDDDDD

POKERMON!

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Also that's a long day 1 holy moly

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
##vote Johnathon Fisk rolling start

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I wonder what happens if we turbo someone before the gym challenge

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I'm Gen II as well and I'm scum so that means--

Hang on wait a minute

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Dick Bastardly posted:

scum: hi I'm a ditto so I can be any type nominate me

me: mmhmm ok

same but greninja

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

give head or get dead posted:

I cant be asked to google greninja so can you tell me what types greninja is thanks

all of them

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
The scum team will be team rocket trying to kidnap all the pokemons you heard it here first.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Truth Quark posted:

The scum team will be team rocket trying to kidnap all the pokemons you heard it here first.

Original plot line do not steal

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Met posted:

What a meltdown. Use your vote, Opop.

Birdstrike didn't used to be a dickhead. :(

:iceburn:

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
What am I meant to say with that post is, who is having a melt down exactly?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
No one should rush to nominate anyone, as we will only have a limited team size.

I'm personally not at an advantage or disadvantage against this gym, but I do gain some cool stuff from evolving.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
If we believe Kash's claim (and I kinda do), then throwing him at gym 1 is not a bad plan since he is Ice type. Future gyms I dunno, he isn't town and I'd rather give the exp to players that can do something good with it.

Assuming, of course, we find anyone we can trust on future gyms :tinfoil:

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Kashuno posted:

I can gently caress up bug types???

And town players might get more useful powers. I don't really know yet as I don't know what your presents do, nor do I know what I get when I evolve as my PM just says "You can evolve!"

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Kashuno posted:

I mean how many people can we send in each time? Send me in with the rest of the crew and you know at least one slot isn't letting scum get xp

We don't know that, as you could be lying. I'm inclined to believe you, and I think you are a good pick for gym one, but who knows what's gonna happen on subsequent days.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Kashuno posted:

##choose Kashuno

You can't choose yourself but nice try

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Kashuno posted:

I've already been chosen and have a type advantage and your attitude has been consistently bad to a player who can help :sun:

Kashuno posted:

ok ##choose hiipfire

???

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
If you say so non-town third party player Kashuno.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Someone choose me

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Nope I'm just there normal for this gym.

give head or get dead posted:

This but choose me instead!

Ok

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
##choose give head or get dead

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Kashuno posted:

Called me out then did the same thing lol ##vote TQ

It's almost like I thought your response was reasonable

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
And I know my own type so even if Hiip and GHGD were bad we'd still win

Not that it matters now that I've been betrayed.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Failing is only -1 though so we'd be at +3 with just us. No way to fail then.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Met is pinging me a bit too. Sure Tobbs didn't lie about being ok against the gym, but why was Met in such a hurry to nominate someone and ruin my pact with my friend?

Spoilers, if I'm asking to be nominated, I'm implying that I am at least not a detrimental type.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I don't suck at math I just suck at reading. I thought we just needed a positive score to win, turns out gyms have difficulty.

Unfortunately this means the harder gyms will just be off limits to me based on typings. Oh well.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Oh look Tobbs thinks he found a scum slip again, but is as usual wrong.

I made the (apparently incorrect if all these shady me too votes are to be believed) assumption that I don't get a stack of hated when I evolve, or some other similarly bad thing.

I'm driving home and can't post for a bit but this is a terrible bandwagon and I would take a close look at the votes if I were you.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

how did I miss this

Before I go back to driving in the rain, I also feel the need to point this particularly bad callout of a joke post.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Ok I'm home now, time to talk about this lovely case.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Does anyone else know what they get from evolving? Cuz I sure as poo poo don't.

More "Trust nobody" stuff from liar quark. We already know that everyone in the first gym was telling the truth. His whole stream of posts is like sowing discontent when I just wanna turn into a big badass pokemon and burn up the scum team.

##vote Truth Quark

Ignoring the first part for now, the second sentence is utter horseshit. "Trust Nobody" is literally the name of the game, I don't know who is town and who is scum yet, and I'm gonna scum hunt. This post is literally calling me out for scum hunting. Or to phrase it differently, calling it me out for playing town.

Then there's the supposed "contradiction"

Truth Quark posted:

No one should rush to nominate anyone, as we will only have a limited team size.

I'm personally not at an advantage or disadvantage against this gym, but I do gain some cool stuff from evolving.

Truth Quark posted:

And town players might get more useful powers. I don't really know yet as I don't know what your presents do, nor do I know what I get when I evolve as my PM just says "You can evolve!"

Two points:
a) These are not actually contradictory. I read the OP (holy poo poo) and assumed that when I evolve (my PM even says I can do it twice!) I would get cool and good things. I don't know why this is even an argument.
b) The second part of Tobbs' argument stems from the fact that he is assuming that town players received no information on what they would gain from evolving. After all, if scum get that information, then why am I posting about it? I should've known and therefore not "contradicted" myself. Except, if you read the thread, you will notice that I was the first person to mention this information. No one had said their (town) PM gave them no information on their evolution. This is information that Tobbs' is (possibly incorrectly) assuming is only available to town players.

For what its worth, I don't think Tobbs' is scum even in light of this garbage case. This is pretty classic Tobbs' town play.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Lol, TQ, you weren't scum hunting. You were legit just casting suspicions on everyone and saying trust no one.

Secondly, I can evolve twice.

You said, specifically,

You put it in quotes, suggesting it was, uh, a quote?

Three contradictions.

Yeah I definitely directly quoted my role PM there. :eyeroll:

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Truth Quark posted:

For what its worth, I don't think Tobbs' is scum even in light of this garbage case. This is pretty classic Tobbs' town play.

Maybe I spoke too soon

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I think you're scum and you're having trouble juggling fake claims maybe? It's the simplest explanation for why you can't seem to get your story straight.

Actually the simple explanation is that I don't have a story but you've decided I'm scum so you're going to do the classic Tobbs tunnel now.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Retro Futurist posted:

Hi me again. If that was your actual thought process, then why did you say

If you're telling the truth about what you were thinking at the time, then this is true for literally every single player in the game.

And then the first part of your sentence is you saying that you're neither at an advantage nor disadvantage at this particular gym, so either you have extra knowledge on your evolution, or this post is absolute white noise which serves no purpose.

I see the point you are making, but you aren't technically correct, as there are players that simply do not evolve. I will concede that is true for all players that can evolve, and I that I probably chose my phrasing poorly.

The bottom line is that Tobbs' has made an incredibly pedantic argument against me, going so far as to call it a "scum slip" (maybe it would help if someone would explain why this is a scum slip), and a bunch of people jumped on his "easy" case.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

Im town and I don't know what happens if I evolve

maybe I become a good poster?

I'm sorry but your condition is terminal. Please report to FYAD for conditioning.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Dude it looks like you've slipped to me. If you're town why not just tell us what Pokemon you are, explain how you messed up etc.

You can evolve once? Twice? You already have a power and know what you'll get when you evolve? You don't have a power and don't know what you get?

It's not clear from what you've said.

I'm not going to full claim.

Retro Futurist posted:

It's a scumslip in that you seem to contradict yourself/change your story, which is what we're all seeing. Your answers aren't making me feel better either, and the only thing that's stopping me is how many low effort vote piled you right after he made it.

I'm flattered that you think I have some grand narrative I'm weaving to try and deceive you all, but the fact of the matter is I'm just posting whatever I notice in thread. I've given my explanation and if you don't want to accept them that's on you.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
How exactly would I know I had hosed up if town are the only players who don't know what they get when they evolve?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Retro Futurist posted:

Either when everyone started pointing it out or when your scumbuddies were like "Ey yo dude"

Except... both of the posts people are throwing around were made before any of the relevant information came to light? So either you think I'm scum and the scum team started has people who know what they get when they evolve, and people who don't, in which case this whole argument is moot, or I'm telling the truth?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Retro Futurist posted:

Ok so the second option then

Good job completely ignoring the second part of my post?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

truth quark said they had some idea of what happens when they evolve

I don't and I know I'm town. Nobody else has claimed to be town and have an idea of what happens when they evolve

the extra information seems like something scum might have

Truth Quark posted:

Except... both of the posts people are throwing around were made before any of the relevant information came to light? So either you think I'm scum and the scum team started with both people who know what they get when they evolve, and people who don't, in which case this whole argument is moot, or I'm telling the truth?

• Locked thread