Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«5 »
  • Locked thread
i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

I haven't played in forever but sign me up if there's still room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Hello I am that one Pokémon that is like an animal thing and maybe it makes a cute noise and sneezes marshmallows or something. You know the one.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Kashuno posted:

POCKET MONSTERS

Wait is this what Pokémon stands for??? How long have I been an idiot

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

As a fellow good and friendly Pokémon want to have a challenge pact? If I see one come up, I put you in, and vise versa.

As an actual good and friendly Pokémon, this seems dumb and bad.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

tpink posted:

This doesn't sounds like something an actual good and friendly Pokémon would say hmm

Seems like successful challenges benefit the town; therefore, making individual pacts that don't take into account overall town benefit is bad.

but then again I would like town to win so HMMMM indeed

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Do we get to know what type gym it is?

OP seems to indicate that the type advantage is given unless I'm completely reading that wrong. I assumed that would lead to discussion about whether or not it's smart or beneficial to reveal types in order to win the challenge. I don't really have an answer for that, I guess, but I also think that random pacts to put people up for challenges is ineffective if not outright bad strategy.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

give head or get dead posted:

Just re-read op, having to be nominated to challenge gyms is a pretty cool mechanic.

Agreeeeeeed also I think it gives us more to talk about w/r/t the rationale behind challenging people

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I think having a discussion on typeclaiming is worthwhile because the OP says it could be potentially dangerous. I'm waiting to see what the supposed rewards are for completing a gym challenge before I make any decision about that. I'm also not super into the idea of gaming the setup when we don't know poo poo about what it is.

Not a fan of the weird (fake?) claiming going on tbh

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Met posted:

and since Sneasel doesn't evolve, it makes sense as a stronger Mafia power in a role madness because the OP says pokemon that do not evolve get stronger abilities.

Why a mafia role and not a town role?

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Infinitum posted:

Holy moly I love gaming systems if we can exploit them for towns favour.

We essentially broke Desperado 3 by using movement info to pinpoint scum like 2-3 times.

If we can get some cool rear end poo poo happening for town and denying scum an advantage I'll game that poo poo all day long

It's been awhile since I've played but I guess I'm mostly referring to making inferences based on mechanics we don't actually know. Poke-canon might not actually apply here, and things like saying "dark is prolly bad" like Met did makes no inherent sense, nor does guessing who can or can't evolved until we see more info.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Met posted:

I did not say "Dark is prolly bad" for the fun of it. I have information on that. I also did not guess who can't evolve. Based on the information he gave us, he can only be Sneasel.

Hmm, okay. I still have my follow-up question about why not evolving = mafia role, though.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Open nights = thread remains open?

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Met posted:

It's not "If you don't evolve, you're Mafia", it's that not being able to evolve = stronger starting abilities which is consistent with Mafia-aligned players in a Role madness. It's not just that alone, it's that paired with the other things as well. The OP says Gym Battles are for Town-Oriented rewards. Town benefit from winning gym battles and gaining experience to get stronger powers, so logically it's up to Mafia to prevent that. So why is someone who can't evolve or make use of experience trying to take up slots for the easiest gym in the game?

He claimed a fighting type and backed down from putting himself up for the first gym, though.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Gonna re-read Kash's weird claim in a sec because apparently I missed it.

But I am stuck on the 'a non-evolver might have a stronger role therefore they must be mafia' idea because this mostly seems like a good way to lynch a townie with a powerful role. Also, linking 'black in a color scheme' to 'list of black pokemon by some wiki page' isn't scummy to me but it doesn't really add up for me as a case for lying.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

for someone who has allegedlu played about 100hrs of Pokemon this week how do you get this wrong holy poo poo

But then again, this.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Kashuno posted:

How the gently caress is it weird I literally claimed delibird and the first gym loving confirms my typing is +2 (LIKE ICE)

I misread while catching up and thought you were a diff person then the gift-giver person

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

also I haven't gotten any gifts so what's the loving deal

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Kashuno posted:

I GIVE ONE GIFT PER XP

Excuses

Agreed with Met though that I don't necessarily see the point in putting Kash in challenges if he's not expressly helping town, esp. if he's giving ambiguous gifts to random people that have no guarantee of helping town but could hurt us instead

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Kashuno posted:

You should put me in if it doesn't hurt town to do so because you know my typing already.

As Met said, you might not inherently hurt us but you don't necessarily help us either. That's a poor choice for challenges.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Am I missing something about what generation Pokémon are in the game, or who has claimed what? Why are you assuming Infinitum is gen 2 again?

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Does anyone else know what they get from evolving? Cuz I sure as poo poo don't.

More "Trust nobody" stuff from liar quark. We already know that everyone in the first gym was telling the truth. His whole stream of posts is like sowing discontent when I just wanna turn into a big badass pokemon and burn up the scum team.

##vote Truth Quark

Uh, I'm on board with this actually. My role doesn't tell me anything about what I get from evolving.

##vote Truth Quark

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I should've previewed but everything about that second quote annoys me as well.

For what it's worth, Met is on my radar but I think the case against him is predicated on dumb posts rather than scum posts.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Met posted:

Hey man. I'd rather you call me scum than dumb.

##vote Truth Quark

I just wanted the rhyme. Sorry.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Kashuno posted:

It all happened real fast and moved away from the very strange Met situation and especially Met/GHGD situation

What's your read on Met? Also, what is the Met/GHGD situation? I looked through posts and didn't see what you would be referring to.

Def had a quick pile on TQ but his posts are all over the place and it's a justifiable lynch for day 1 imo. That said, the GHGD 'I have info but Ima leave for now' thing bugs me.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Kashuno posted:

GHGD coming in hard to defend Met is uncomfortable

You mean to defend TQ? GHGD seems to find Met scummy.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

also curious why TQ wouldn't claim as well instead of just asking us to turbo him

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

TQ nominated GHGD for the challenge with no real explanation so I'm willing to believe they're connected.

TQ also claimed he could evolve, making him a mason with potential for more power. This seems unlikely to me but I hate setup spec.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Would like to hear from TQ now plz

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I guess I buy the flavor and breadcrumb for now despite the poor way of responding.

##unvote

Gonna look through those votes again

By the way, is there any reason we're not lynching Kash considering he's a self-admitted third party who has no obligation to help us?

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

You're a real idiot.

If you think it's a gambit, lynch one of the people claiming to be in a confirmed masonry.

Oh wait, that's a terrible idea, as I pointed out and voted someone for suggesting lol

Weird as gently caress or not, inf continued to lay into GHGD/TQ after the confirmed town masonry claim which is suss as hell.

You can vote me, push a case on me, whatever, but what you're saying is that you think TQ and GHGD are scum, but that I'm somehow a better vote?

Weird, scummy vote dude. Scummy rear end case.

Why infinitum and not the other handful of people that were willing to push forward considering the sketch factor on the timing of GHGD's claim?

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

My partner's name is, uh, Peepa...chorb? Peepachorb.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

The famous pokeman named Peepachorb

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Jonathan Fisk posted:

What if they're scum/town lovers lol

Who are you and why is this literally your first post in the actual game

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Wait, what's the gym tomorrow?

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

The SSV case is dumb imo and I think Tobbs looks scummy for it and for the earlier pact with tpink about nominating each other for gym challenges, and I say that because tpink's posting looks like a bunch of white noise me-too stuff just to show he's here.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

in conclusion, tobbs and tpink = scum

##vote Tobbs

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

You are dumb imo

yeah, probably

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Your vote is predicated on SSV voting Met and then explaining why later, with the explanation being a solid reason for why Met's original case didn't make much sense.

I think that is a bad case. I think it is also bad that you tried to make a challenge pact. That's it. Is it the strongest of cases? No. But given that you're currently trying to steer a bad lynch in the waning hours, I'm inclined to lean on you.

That said, re-reading your posts about gym challenges has given me second thought and I'll be back momentarily to make a further decision.

tpink is still tpinging my scumdar in any event

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

tpink posted:

Based on what? My "white noise" posting as opposed to yours, I guess? I just re-read your posts, and I got bad news for you, friend.

As I've said before, trying to be a part of challenge pact is scummy to me because it's both self serving and potentially dangerous to town. And, while I haven't pushed much by myself, I think I've made my opinions clear on all the issues on the table whereas you've never been first or second opinion on anything.

ÂŻ\_(ツ)_/ÂŻ

also my tumor is benign, damnit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

apparently my shruggie guy has cancer though

• Locked thread
«5 »