Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA

Flipswitch posted:

What types of Scoia'tael decks are there to play? Got a key but I'm unable to play for a week or so but the elven extremists are my fave faction.

At low levels all dwarf all the time messes people up. Not everyone has enough counters for your persistent buffed dorfs. Many don't even know what a dimeritium bomb is, much less have it.

Edit: soundly beaten

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
Johnny is the best card. Swapping a round 3 returning Shani for a random enemy gold never gets old. I love that we get to see the opponent cursor hovering over my cards wondering what the gently caress.

Also, I just went to ranked on tier 2 with a fairly generic medic-blue stripes deck and got 7 victories and 3 defeats. I was thinking I would get smashed but I'm faring better than casual...?

Tafferling fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Mar 12, 2017

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
I'm having a lot of fun with my bog standard Foltest resurrect deck right now. At level 15 I can go toe to toe with everyone if I time my dandelion revives right.
I've just barely beaten a Letho yoyo too, but then again I had a 4(!) card advantage by last turn...

Other highlights are DBing and scorching a 50 points dune worm and beating the biggest Henselt gold row I've ever seen by 2 points thanks to a dandelion last high five.

Only thing I noticed that really rubs me the wrong way is that gold doesn't protect gained strength from being dbombed. Most of the gimmick units like letho or the worm add to base strength so they're not affected but I wrecked a line that a henselt painstakingly set up for six turns with a single dbomb. I think there should be at least a little bit of guesswork if you want to bomb the line before or after the gold wall.

Also: holy poo poo someone plays NR! Before the patch I had 0 mirror matches in ranked play!

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
I run a cheap NR deck and I can dance around yencon somewhat. I'm full of cards that screw her tempo: blue stripes commandos/ triss butterfly / dandelion / medics / reaver hunters and siege operators for emergencies.

I still love my scrub geralt card and my game consists generally running around timing my nenneke/shani resurrections and trying to scorch the best enemy units before my blue stripes get out of hand. Then foltest my best blue stripe to make the original eat a scorch thus saving the clone. Often I just ignore the big boys and clone a buff siege operator; it's surprisingly good value.
I managed to hit level 9 with a decent winrate today, I wonder how long I can get until I have to craft a legendary

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
There isn't really much you can do with just bronze cards. In order to give meaning to your deck you need to think about what synergies you want to promote.
You could start with Shani, Nenneke and Priscilla. They are the holy triad of a cheap basic NR deck.
Dandelion also works well if you have a lot of units AND the means of bringing him back reliably because he's a thunderbolt magnet.

The only cheap silver that comes to mind is Thaler; unfortunately he's only good in decks already filled with special cards.

On the neutral cheap side you should get dimeritium bomb and Cleaver. They're super useful and you can start learning the art of being a disruptive prick.

Tafferling fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Mar 31, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT

Flipswitch posted:

Just started playing and man I'm getting absolutely smashed with the early game card collection.

Don't be afraid to mill all the cards for a faction you don't care for. It will make your life a lot easier a lot faster

Tafferling fucked around with this message at 19:02 on May 5, 2017

• Locked thread