Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I'm glad of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Remember to give your parents a call around this festive time of year.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Remember to post cats

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Also, continuing the discussion where we last left off…

DancingShade posted:

Realtalk: Logitech is the only brand of mouse you should consider unless you have a specific reason not to get one.

Realtalk: Never buy Razer unless you like terrible firmware, bad software and a high failure rate.

Microsoft peripherals were amazing back in the day and some kind of silly brand loyalty to them is the only sensible reason not to go to Logitech. It would still be silly, but at least understandable.

Kakarot posted:

yay! 6666 :toot:

Kakarot posted:

quote that for me on 6666

Ok. Only 6664 to go.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Bunnies are fine too

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Wuxi posted:

Remember to post cats

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

funny looking dog but a good dog all the same

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

to the guy asking about a mouse, a while ago this model was recommended in the mouse thread

https://www.amazon.com/Redragon-M90...se&tag=rnwap-20

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I use the Logitech MMO one but I also have massive hands.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

good work mods :)

D_Smart posted:

And unluckily for CIG, whether they like it or not, they're going to soon find out that by way of Crytek's lawsuit, they will have to deal with me in court before this is all over. They can't escape it.

big nipples big life fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Oct 16, 2018

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I use the Logitech MMO one but I also have massive hands.

:hfive: whatup fellow ridiculous mouse user

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

MX518 best, G400S decent replacement

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I have one of these and it is ok

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
Blue balled in the balls by our own mods.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Daztek posted:

MX518 best

This the correct opinion.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Space Court.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Eldragon you've got a lot of refactoring to do.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Tippis posted:

Ok. Only 6664 to go.

RIP the dream

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

hakimashou posted:

You're a solid guy beer and I like you but Derek should have been the OP.

I think Derek has enough Star Citizen to worry about for a long time. Between Twitter, posting here, his book, blogs, Discord, and his own forums for the game... I think we'll be better with Beer4TheBeerMod.

Sometimes you can hate something a little too much before it starts to blur that line of doing a good thing, standing for an opinion, or being just a hair batty. I love to pick on Star Citizen as much as the next person with no money in it, but I also hope that it comes out and is good. I can also appreciate when they make a new thing, even if it's silly, hugely late and massively expensive. It's not my money being wasted, and the backers appear to be good with constant fleecing. So who knows, maybe in 20 years we'll look back on this thread and sub-forum with fond memories as we all enjoy playing the game for a week before getting bored. :cheers:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

The Titanic posted:

I think Derek has enough Star Citizen to worry about for a long time. Between Twitter, posting here, his book, blogs, Discord, and his own forums for the game... I think we'll be better with Beer4TheBeerMod.

Sometimes you can hate something a little too much before it starts to blur that line of doing a good thing, standing for an opinion, or being just a hair batty. I love to pick on Star Citizen as much as the next person with no money in it, but I also hope that it comes out and is good. I can also appreciate when they make a new thing, even if it's silly, hugely late and massively expensive. It's not my money being wasted, and the backers appear to be good with constant fleecing. So who knows, maybe in 20 years we'll look back on this thread and sub-forum with fond memories as we all enjoy playing the game for a week before getting bored. :cheers:

Holding a grudge against a more successful business competitor for over twenty years definitely does have it's consequences.

Also yes, in another 20 years when we're all playing SC we can look back and laugh. In another 20 years.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Parp.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

peter gabriel posted:

I have one of these and it is ok

I've heard people talk about these but I've never tried one. The thought of having potential macro buttons on a mouse though fills me with potential interest.

Is something like this able to be used for things outside of gaming? Also not to sound silly, but would it be very feasible to use if you had average girl hands instead of giant man mitts? Or is this basically something to think about only if your fingers and hands are pretty large and lengthy?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

The Titanic posted:

I've heard people talk about these but I've never tried one. The thought of having potential macro buttons on a mouse though fills me with potential interest.

Is something like this able to be used for things outside of gaming? Also not to sound silly, but would it be very feasible to use if you had average girl hands instead of giant man mitts? Or is this basically something to think about only if your fingers and hands are pretty large and lengthy?

We've been over this and you're missing the key point: It's Razer.

Don't loving buy it. Seriously.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Time to repost all the best things from the last thread.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

thatguy posted:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

DancingShade posted:

Holding a grudge against a more successful business competitor for over twenty years definitely does have it's consequences.

Also yes, in another 20 years when we're all playing SC we can look back and laugh. In another 20 years.

I'll be here for you, friend!

Or maybe not. :rip:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

The Titanic posted:

You can use it to macro anything, there is a Twitter thing called Tweepi where you follow followers of people and you click follow, they move up so I have a macro to wait a random amount of time then click, I can leave that going all day if needs be

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

DancingShade posted:

We've been over this and you're missing the key point: It's Razer.

Don't loving buy it. Seriously.

How about outside of brand. I don't buy Razor, but there are other mice like it. I've never seen one unboxed in a brick and mortar store so I've never been able to properly fondle one, but the thought of handy programmable macro buttons attached to the cursor makes me smile maybe.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

thatguy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHNqcHiPhu4
That's him with the Marfan syndrome.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

thatguy posted:

Just don't let the "Sandi is now mad and showing her true colors" gif be lost in the archive.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

peter gabriel posted:

You can use it to macro anything, there is a Twitter thing called Tweepi where you follow followers of people and you click follow, they move up so I have a macro to wait a random amount of time then click, I can leave that going all day if needs be

Very cool. How is the size and comfort as compared to say a Mac Magic Mouse? I admit to being quite pleased with the Magic Mouse surface being a literal touchpad surface.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Mandatory Beer is OP again post:
The year is 2079. We see Beer as an old man lying on his deathbed surrounded by friends and family. He motions to his eldest son Derek to come closer. Beer produces a small silver trinket from his pocket and gives it to his son saying, "Here, I want you to have this... I won't be needing it anymore." "What's this?" Derek asks. "It's a Pilgrim Cross and a long time ago it meant a lot to me. Go 'head and open it up." Derek fumbles with the locket and a small golden key falls out. "Remember that closet I would never let you into when you were growing up? That's the key, go take a look and make sure you bring me back something to drink."
Derek goes downstairs and opens up the closet to find a small dark room covered in cobwebs. There are ancient joysticks in one corner and posters and mouse pads in the other. It looks like a time machine to the early 2000's. In the center of the room there are several large jugs filled with a mysterious liquid. Behind the jugs are some bottles with weird labels on them. Though the colors are faded and the paper is starting to rub off he can just barely read what it says, "LTI." After looking around a bit he brings a couple bottles back up to his father. "Ahh, there they are. Aged to perfection, just like me," Beer chuckles as Derek opens up a bottle and hands it to him. As the night grows long they reminisce over their lives while intermittently sipping the brew. They make it through the night together but by dawn Beer is very weak. He talks about Star Citizen and what could have been.
As the sun rises Beer looks to his boy with tears in his eyes.

They both know the time has come.

Beer holds Derek's hand.

And with his dying breath he whispers these five words,

"See you in the 'verse..."
:rip:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

The Titanic posted:

Very cool. How is the size and comfort as compared to say a Mac Magic Mouse? I admit to being quite pleased with the Magic Mouse surface being a literal touchpad surface.

Feels good, I use it all day pretty much. I dunno, it's a mouse and it works :v:

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.
Hello new thread.

Is Star Citizen finished yet?

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

I don't think you let that other thread loving finish. :colbert:

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.
Hey, this means I've now posted in two threads on SA.

I'm no longer confined to the insular world of Derek's mega SC thread. I'm branching out! Spreading my wings!

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

Mr Fronts posted:

Hello new thread.

Is Star Citizen finished yet?

Yes. But first you just need my patented Star Citizen Plastic Bag for the full immersion experience. Only $50. I'll save you the hassle of looking for instructions by repeating them below:

What you need to do is sit in front of your computer while daydreaming about spaceships. Place plastic bag over head and start breathing heavily. After 5-6 deep breaths tighten bag and continue heavy breathing.

See you in the verse!

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Mr Fronts posted:

Hey, this means I've now posted in two threads on SA.

I'm no longer confined to the insular world of Derek's mega SC thread. I'm branching out! Spreading my wings!

FAU will be glad

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Tane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

:page3: