Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Did Cymellion not get the note about the FPS section in a little thing called Star Marine which is slated to be in his immersion nest? This is also Star Citizen. So let's check our stuff so far:

1: PvP space shooter, <20 players
2: PvP FPS shooter, <20 players
3: Single player space "wave" arena

Yeah. This is all super original. Never before has anybody played a PvP FPS arena game before.

Hopefully the space combat can eventually be as good as the Xbox arcade Wing Commander arena game. Maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

The Titanic posted:

It's possible. Ben is capable of writing huge walls of hate inspired poo poo, where really I'm not even sure if I've ever even seen a forum post from Chris on his own forums. There's not a lot to go off of to compare writing tones with there.

You have that one letter he wrote on his game from like 1872 or something.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Sunswipe posted:

I don't want to piss on anyone's chips, but the gameplay footage for ME: Andromeda looks like more of the very average same.

Still better than anything Croberts is capable of, obviously.
it did look a bit odd, yeah. someone forgot the vanguard mantra of ALWAYS BE CHARGING

if vanguard in me:a isn't high risk/high reward biotic murder pinball then what's the point?

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Starcitizen: a bit rich to accuse us of mismanagement there!

TheGodofIris
Oct 12, 2016

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free

flyboi posted:

New thread new gifs

Approved.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

The Titanic posted:

Now I always feel everybody is entitled to an opinion. Except this one. It's a bad opinion. :3:

OFFICIAL STATEMENT

I am going to keep this short; though I did consider writing a blog.

First of all, I have been around and an Internet Warlord for decades now. I know the drill. I've seen flamewars errupt and evolve from BBS teletype, to badly formatted Usenet postings, to articulate blogs.

I am well versed in the ways of online discourse.

I do not support, condone, nor engage in Baby Animals.

Aside from the fact that the law is very clear on Baby Animals.

Back in 2013, I wrote a primer on it in fact.

And there are additional resources on specifically this, what is legal, illegal etc. READ:

Baby Animals: It’s Like Hacking, But Legal

The Problem With “Baby Animals”

The Illegal Activity of “Baby Animals”: Revealing “documents or personal information” about a person, without their permission, with the intent to Threaten, Harass, Intimidate, Shame, Humiliate or Place at Risk

Basically, the Baby Animals and stalking laws are
quote:
About doing things which endanger a person's safety or which encourage others to attack a person or their family

Pointing out someone's social media page, isn't Baby Animals.

Pointing out that person A is really person B under an alias, isn't Baby Animals.

Posting material that the person themselves made public, isn't, never was, and never will be, Baby Animals.

If the above were Baby Animals, every single person in the media would be guilty of having committed a crime.

What MoMa did here months ago, was Baby Animals. And it's 100% legally actionable. He posted that I had a traffic citation. There was no context or reason for it to be here in a forum where we're making fun of grown men buying JPEG space ships. He posted it with malice, and with the intent to harass and harm. The only thing he didn't do, was post the actual citation itself; but anyone incited by his posting, could very well go seek it out for themselves. They never knew about it before he posted it.

I didn't dox Deloria (now banned). Though the post has been removed here, it is still on my website (post # 4905) for anyone who cares to go and read it for themselves.

All I did was out a scammer using material they themselves posted here (e.g. this post) and on social media.

Period. End of story.

There are NO rules on SA which prohibit what I did. Not a single one. Don't take my word for it though, here, go read all the rule pages

Then A KITTEN, after emerging from what I can only imagine must have been a meltdown recovery process, switched from "Baby Animals" to "helldumping". Which, to me - and anyone with a brain that's in working condition - was hilarious; seeing as the latter isn't even an SA rule. That aside from the fact that the very notion of "helldumping" is so far removed from "Baby Animals", that in and of itself, is NOT a bannable offense. Probation? Yeah, maybe' it depends on the mod.

The fact of the matter is that since A KITTEN tried to close down this forum - and failed; he's been gunning for me because not only did I have it brought back, but I was made mod. Heck, we just had yet another spat mere months ago over this same thing.

This sub-forum is moderated on a honor system. As a mod, I never had to take any action other than probating some people (4) when they cross the line. Once, after several probates, I probated someone for 30 days. I didn't perma-ban.

This sub-forum has never - ever - broken ANY of the SA rules. We encourage off-topic posts (recipes, memes etc) because it breaks from the monotony of making GBS threads on Baby Animal post and Shitizens 24-7.

A LOT of people followed me to SA and paid 10 bux to be able read what I post, interact, find the lols etc. That too is a solid fact.

Yet, somehow, for some bullshit reason, A KITTEN is of the opinion that I am not a "good" mod. The regulars here and I had a good laugh about that on on Discord, for the sheer hilarity of it. And when pressed, like the absentee landlord, he simply couldn't point out a SINGLE reason WHY he thinks I'm not a "good" mod. Not one.

Aside from the fact that I didn't even ask to be a loving mod. In much the same way that Beer4TheBeerGod and Beet Wagon didn't get asked either. He made them mods, then installed an IK buffoon who subsequently shat up my nice sub-forum, while attracting all the rear end-clowns from FYAD and elsewhere - and who otherwise didn't even know we existed here in our niche corner.

This is bullshit. What the gently caress is the matter with you people; that a forum with such HIGH TRAFFIC and quality posters who are otherwise behaving themselves and abiding by the rules, can't be left alone?!? The money is going into Lowtax's coffers, so what do you care, and why be salty about it?

Look, I am not a stranger to being banned. Heck, I was banned TWICE on FDev for breaking the rules. And in both cases, it was a matter of a "shady" areas in which 1) I was using asterisk to bypass the bad word filter 2) I posted material from here on SA

So, if I had somehow broken an SA rule, and been banned as a result, it won't have been any big deal. I would pay the 10 bux, re-reg, and get right back into the poo poo-posting.

As I am 100% certain (and I have high priced attorneys who ensure that I don't do/say stupid poo poo that will get me arrested or sued) that I hadn't broken an SA rule, let alone guilty of Baby Animals, I refused to re-reg on principle alone. And I made that clear to everyone who asked.

As the regulars here on my Discord can attest to, I said that I wasn't coming back here unless the ban was reversed. Then a group (7 at last count) of people (one of them being a backer here on SA who I had saved money by helping him get a Baby Animal post refund) offered to pay the 10 bux if I came back. I still refused. Then some made the case that as long as I wasn't the one paying the 10 bux, it won't break my principles and that I should consider it.

So I did.

And here I am.

Nevertheless, seeing as there is a mod actively holding a grudge and who I believe is going to keep finding ways to either get me probated, banned or who I believe wants to see the forum die, I won't be as prolific a poster as I used to be because this is bullshit.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Yeah, the $25 I've given Lowtax (10 to join SA, 5 to get an avatar for myself (yes, I'm sad and pathetic), 10 to change Toast's avatar to Toast of London) is totally on par with people spending thousands to spite Derek Smart. I guess I'm just like them, really. That $25 over about ten months is just nothing to me. Hell, I spent more than that last night buying a toy Star Trek phaser for the next time I have to go shoot zombies with my nephew. Disposable income, bitches. :smug:

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

As un-surprising as it may be, this is not the first time a Shitizen has asked about rape being present in SC.

A truly enlightened community.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

god dammit should have find/replaced mod with cat

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Sunswipe posted:

Yeah, the $25 I've given Lowtax (10 to join SA, 5 to get an avatar for myself (yes, I'm sad and pathetic), 10 to change Toast's avatar to Toast of London) is totally on par with people spending thousands to spite Derek Smart. I guess I'm just like them, really. That $25 over about ten months is just nothing to me. Hell, I spent more than that last night buying a toy Star Trek phaser for the next time I have to go shoot zombies with my nephew. Disposable income, bitches. :smug:

It was you? Thank you for doing that. Single greatest av purchase ever made.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Sunswipe posted:

I don't want to piss on anyone's chips, but the gameplay footage for ME: Andromeda looks like more of the very average same.

I thought the same. :(

I was actually kind of disappointing when they showed conversations with normal Mass Effect aliens, humans, and very ME looking random outposts. It's just another Mass Effect. I was really hoping for a 3D Starflight or something similar. They seemed to initially imply that, but the gameplay itself seems to not suggest it at all.

Still be a day 0 buy for me. I love Sci fi. :)

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Meridian posted:

:agreed:

e: I don't even know who the guy is or why the av is funny but putting it next to Moma's posts just works in a way that is hard to put into words.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

grimcreaper posted:

So.. when does the spam shitposting begin to get this thread to 6666 as fast as possible? Are we gonna be spamming the stimperial text repeatedly or are we gonna do something classy like the atv transcripts over and over?

The dream is dead. There will never be a 6666 page thread outside of some crappy D&D thread. :(

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

ripptide posted:

As un-surprising as it may be, this is not the first time a Shitizen has asked about rape being present in SC.

A truly enlightened community.

I particularly like the idea that rape is less morally questionable than murder. "Ok, killing is always bad. We all agree on that. But won't there be some circumstances where rape is actually the good thing to do?"

Meridian posted:

Worth the $25 by itself.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016
For posterity

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

The Titanic posted:

I thought the same. :(

I was actually kind of disappointing when they showed conversations with normal Mass Effect aliens, humans, and very ME looking random outposts. It's just another Mass Effect. I was really hoping for a 3D Starflight or something similar. They seemed to initially imply that, but the gameplay itself seems to not suggest it at all.

Still be a day 0 buy for me. I love Sci fi. :)
I might pick it up on sale. Still haven't played ME3, the first two just left me with such an overwhelming sense of "meh." All that "choices matter" stuff was such bollocks. I played through the first game twice, with characters set up to be as opposite of each other as possible, one of them doing a paragon run, the other renegade. Only real difference was they got different missions related to their pasts because I gave them different backgrounds. That's without even getting into where I don't think the paragon and renegade traits were assigned to the right option.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

I am honestly glad I backed Star Citizen. It taught me a lot about beating money out of the mentally ill!

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Meridian posted:

drat MoMA, you are on fire lately.

Taxxe:

Yea, but the doctor gave him some ointment for it.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Lladre posted:

You have that one letter he wrote on his game from like 1872 or something.

That's the one where he talked about how he wished somebody sat him down and told him to not try to go crazy with scope and maintain possible goals, right?

Yeah we can't use that one here yet. We can use that to compare with the Star Citizen post mortem he may have somebody write for him.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Sunswipe posted:

I particularly like the idea that rape is less morally questionable than murder. "Ok, killing is always bad. We all agree on that. But won't there be some circumstances where rape is actually the good thing to do?"

This is the opinion of sexually frustrated men who don't walk the streets in fear that they may be a target of somebody exactly like them. It's very ironic.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Sunswipe posted:

I might pick it up on sale. Still haven't played ME3, the first two just left me with such an overwhelming sense of "meh." All that "choices matter" stuff was such bollocks.

Yes, yes it was. But the first game broke a hell of a long dry spell for sci-fi RPGs, and the second one hit all the notes for a wide and magnificant space opera that didn't make a lick of sense, and I loved it.

ME3 has been sulking at me from a bullshit encounter with three of the Blue banshee bitches and a horror of the ending. It's close to Dragon Age 2 levels of disappointment.

ripptide posted:

Yea, but the doctor gave him some ointment for it.

You can get it OTC without paying the prescription.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
yeah let's make that q1 2017 right after the anniversary sale

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

The Titanic posted:

This is the opinion of sexually frustrated men who don't walk the streets in fear that they may be a target of somebody exactly like them. It's very ironic.

They don't walk much at all, I imagine.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Solarin posted:

OFFICIAL STATEMENT

I am going to keep this short; though I did consider writing a blog.

First of all, I have been around and an Internet Warlord for decades now. I know the drill. I've seen flamewars errupt and evolve from BBS teletype, to badly formatted Usenet postings, to articulate blogs.

I am well versed in the ways of online discourse.

I do not support, condone, nor engage in Baby Animals.

Aside from the fact that the law is very clear on Baby Animals.

Back in 2013, I wrote a primer on it in fact.

And there are additional resources on specifically this, what is legal, illegal etc. READ:

Baby Animals: It’s Like Hacking, But Legal

The Problem With “Baby Animals”

The Illegal Activity of “Baby Animals”: Revealing “documents or personal information” about a person, without their permission, with the intent to Threaten, Harass, Intimidate, Shame, Humiliate or Place at Risk

Basically, the Baby Animals and stalking laws are
quote:
About doing things which endanger a person's safety or which encourage others to attack a person or their family

Pointing out someone's social media page, isn't Baby Animals.

Pointing out that person A is really person B under an alias, isn't Baby Animals.

Posting material that the person themselves made public, isn't, never was, and never will be, Baby Animals.

If the above were Baby Animals, every single person in the media would be guilty of having committed a crime.

What MoMa did here months ago, was Baby Animals. And it's 100% legally actionable. He posted that I had a traffic citation. There was no context or reason for it to be here in a forum where we're making fun of grown men buying JPEG space ships. He posted it with malice, and with the intent to harass and harm. The only thing he didn't do, was post the actual citation itself; but anyone incited by his posting, could very well go seek it out for themselves. They never knew about it before he posted it.

I didn't dox Deloria (now banned). Though the post has been removed here, it is still on my website (post # 4905) for anyone who cares to go and read it for themselves.

All I did was out a scammer using material they themselves posted here (e.g. this post) and on social media.

Period. End of story.

There are NO rules on SA which prohibit what I did. Not a single one. Don't take my word for it though, here, go read all the rule pages

Then A KITTEN, after emerging from what I can only imagine must have been a meltdown recovery process, switched from "Baby Animals" to "helldumping". Which, to me - and anyone with a brain that's in working condition - was hilarious; seeing as the latter isn't even an SA rule. That aside from the fact that the very notion of "helldumping" is so far removed from "Baby Animals", that in and of itself, is NOT a bannable offense. Probation? Yeah, maybe' it depends on the mod.

The fact of the matter is that since A KITTEN tried to close down this forum - and failed; he's been gunning for me because not only did I have it brought back, but I was made mod. Heck, we just had yet another spat mere months ago over this same thing.

This sub-forum is moderated on a honor system. As a mod, I never had to take any action other than probating some people (4) when they cross the line. Once, after several probates, I probated someone for 30 days. I didn't perma-ban.

This sub-forum has never - ever - broken ANY of the SA rules. We encourage off-topic posts (recipes, memes etc) because it breaks from the monotony of making GBS threads on Baby Animal post and Shitizens 24-7.

A LOT of people followed me to SA and paid 10 bux to be able read what I post, interact, find the lols etc. That too is a solid fact.

Yet, somehow, for some bullshit reason, A KITTEN is of the opinion that I am not a "good" mod. The regulars here and I had a good laugh about that on on Discord, for the sheer hilarity of it. And when pressed, like the absentee landlord, he simply couldn't point out a SINGLE reason WHY he thinks I'm not a "good" mod. Not one.

Aside from the fact that I didn't even ask to be a loving mod. In much the same way that Beer4TheBeerGod and Beet Wagon didn't get asked either. He made them mods, then installed an IK buffoon who subsequently shat up my nice sub-forum, while attracting all the rear end-clowns from FYAD and elsewhere - and who otherwise didn't even know we existed here in our niche corner.

This is bullshit. What the gently caress is the matter with you people; that a forum with such HIGH TRAFFIC and quality posters who are otherwise behaving themselves and abiding by the rules, can't be left alone?!? The money is going into Lowtax's coffers, so what do you care, and why be salty about it?

Look, I am not a stranger to being banned. Heck, I was banned TWICE on FDev for breaking the rules. And in both cases, it was a matter of a "shady" areas in which 1) I was using asterisk to bypass the bad word filter 2) I posted material from here on SA

So, if I had somehow broken an SA rule, and been banned as a result, it won't have been any big deal. I would pay the 10 bux, re-reg, and get right back into the poo poo-posting.

As I am 100% certain (and I have high priced attorneys who ensure that I don't do/say stupid poo poo that will get me arrested or sued) that I hadn't broken an SA rule, let alone guilty of Baby Animals, I refused to re-reg on principle alone. And I made that clear to everyone who asked.

As the regulars here on my Discord can attest to, I said that I wasn't coming back here unless the ban was reversed. Then a group (7 at last count) of people (one of them being a backer here on SA who I had saved money by helping him get a Baby Animal post refund) offered to pay the 10 bux if I came back. I still refused. Then some made the case that as long as I wasn't the one paying the 10 bux, it won't break my principles and that I should consider it.

So I did.

And here I am.

Nevertheless, seeing as there is a mod actively holding a grudge and who I believe is going to keep finding ways to either get me probated, banned or who I believe wants to see the forum die, I won't be as prolific a poster as I used to be because this is bullshit.

:stonk:
:lol:
:golfclap:

This was exactly my mind as I mostly skimmed this. Good job, friend. :)

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
can you imagine playing star marine with a 1 second ping? because that's what you're going to get unless CIG starts spending serious loving money on server infrastructure

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Mr Fronts posted:

Hey, this means I've now posted in two threads on SA.

I'm no longer confined to the insular world of Derek's mega SC thread. I'm branching out! Spreading my wings!

Fly, little bird! Be free! There's a whole world forum out there for you to explore!

(Also, I am a poor and I use this mouse. I thought the whole weight adjustment thing was a gimmick, until the first time I knocked it off my admittedly small desk and lost the weights for a bit. But being the burly bearwrestling, caber tossing, cougar punching lumberjack that I am, I use it with the full 20g loadout.)

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Xaerael posted:

I wasn't keen on the Corsair headsets, they had a weird weight balance to them which put me off. Which is a shame because I now have a Corsair RGB Kb/M combo, and I could have had the full xmas tree combo. I went with the HyperX Cloud II in the end personally. But then, I much prefer wired stuff, and the quality on them is amazing.

That is the exact setup I have as well.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I really like my Corsair wireless headset, but that might just be because I have a lumpy and misshapen head or something.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

TheAgent posted:

can you imagine playing star marine with a 1 second ping? because that's what you're going to get unless CIG starts spending serious loving money on server infrastructure

Who has time to play Star Marine when there is Space Work to be done at the Space Business Factory on the Star Citizen Persistant Universe?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Meridian posted:

They don't walk much at all, I imagine.

Hence the frustration. It's not at all like those harem mangas, which is terribly unfair.
Also, given how many of them will suffer from the now-familiar t-rex arms, chances are they'd need that kind of help to even touch themselves.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I started final fantasy a gaijin doubter

but it's seriously pretty darn good

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Raskolnikov posted:

I am honestly glad I backed Star Citizen. It taught me a lot about beating money out of the mentally ill!

It is an investment for us all! :homebrew:

(I'm actually not a backer though, I feel like I'm missing out on the true fun of giving Chris money)

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Sunswipe posted:

ME did not gather a rabid fanbase for its gameplay. It does the shooty part correctly, with just enough satisfaction to bring you to the next story nugget without being boring. The second and 3rd game improved on the gameplay but still people clamored for more and more story.

Very few recall doing long kiilstreaks in ME3 PVP, But nearly everyone remember having to kill Wrex , hearing Sovereign voice the first time, picking up who dies between space racist and space puppy or saving everyone but a single crewmember on the suicide mission.

Its the little things, like Headbuting a Krogan rear end in a top hat during negociation, Wrex and Tali elevator banter, Mordin singing the Major general song.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Meridian posted:

Who has time to play Star Marine when there is Space Work to be done at the Space Business Factory on the Star Citizen Persistant Universe?
fyi this will also apply to the PU, they are making GBS threads themselves re: cost

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Tippis posted:

Hence the frustration.

Come to Butthead.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheAgent posted:

Please. Chris already thought of this. They just need to activate more :yayclod:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I finally started playing Fallout 4 and I only just now realized I totally hosed up by not making Crobberts or Gary Parpman when I was in the character creator.

poo poo.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

TheAgent posted:

I started final fantasy a gaijin doubter

but it's seriously pretty darn good

In the good ending the whole crew does a live performance of Quit Playing Games With My Heart.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Beet Wagon posted:

I finally started playing Fallout 4 and I only just now realized I totally hosed up by not making Crobberts or Gary Parpman when I was in the character creator.

poo poo.

Don't worry, there are multiple in game ways to fix your mistake.

Theotus fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Dec 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Beet Wagon posted:

poo poo.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/13627/