Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/CliffordakaMiku/status/875832460055121920

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

This is hysterical in a very strange way.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

What in the gently caress is up with that guys pointy jawbones?

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

DapperDon posted:

What in the gently caress is up with that guys pointy jawbones?

It's called a "beard"

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Jesus H. Christ Flying What the gently caress.

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

Just imagine if Clifford had found a Terrence McKeena book and some cocaine when he was younger he might have been a normal guy.

Kellanved
Sep 7, 2009

xiansi posted:

Clearly you understand game development.

Check out this whiny diatribe full of excuses about how animation actually 'works' made by a bunch of lazy amateurs who understand neither fidelity or motion capture:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1535515364/pathologic/posts/1912213

Can't believe I was dumb enough to back this.

(I am so glad I backed this, it looks incredible - check out dancing madness lady!)

Holy poo poo, Pathologic remake? Completely missed that. Ice Pick Lodge makes some p good games.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers

Beet Wagon posted:

How is this thread not full of posts about how excited everyone is for "Go collect 25 INSANELY GENERIC ALIEN BUG legs" fetch quests?

That's just a refactored and archer'd bull netch from morrowind.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Nicholas posted:

New schedule report

https://www.diffchecker.com/oQY2DFl1

4 reworks of things already finished, but still not actually completely "finished"
a new golf cart marked complete even though you cant transport it or use it on a planet
and whatever the gently caress "diffusion subset" means.
Actual gameplay features 0

The fact that the "aim date" still remains July 27, 2017, even as things are delayed, removed (TBD), means that they're probably going to ship 3.0 with some items removed, while pushing them either into 3.0x or 3.1 etc. It's like 2.0 all over again. Also, Gamescom 2017 is coming up in Aug, and CitizenCon 2017 is Oct 27th. Both in Germany. So either way, there is going to be some version of a 3.0 build at one of these two events (fundraising!).

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

How is he a part of tabletop history? Did he pay enough to have a card made for "Creepy supporter sends you a fruit basket!"

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

Kellanved posted:

Holy poo poo, Pathologic remake? Completely missed that. Ice Pick Lodge makes some p good games.

Dude. You are in for a treat.

This was originally a Pathologic remake, then they got stupidly ambitious and decided to make something very different which may or may not ever come out (as is the way with Kickstarters), but went ahead and tidied up the old game to placate us weirdos who loved it anyway:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/384110/Pathologic_Classic_HD/

Ice Pick Lodge are indeed glorious nutters.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

xiansi posted:

Clearly you understand game development.

Check out this whiny diatribe full of excuses about how animation actually 'works' made by a bunch of lazy amateurs who understand neither fidelity or motion capture:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1535515364/pathologic/posts/1912213

Can't believe I was dumb enough to back this.

(I am so glad I backed this, it looks incredible - check out dancing madness lady!)
Haha drat, I was thinking of copy and pasting that update into the thread but I was too :effort:

The best thing about backing Pathologic is that even if it comes out janky as hell that's just more fidelity in the remake.

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

shrach posted:

I decided to have my own go at an estimate of the CIG cash flow. I've tried to take an optimistic view of CIG and so I think this paints a best case scenario for them. This mainly includes the assumption that running offices in LA, Austin, and Frankfurt is significantly more efficient than a single large office in Manchester. I've based this on a number of factors and tried to ignore the "Restoration Hardware factor". In my opinion, even if you remove the estimated motion capture expenses from Foundry 42 there is still a lot of room for possible pork in their budget. If you make the assumption that Foundry 42 / Manchester is an efficiently run company then you sort of have to add another $15m+ to the USA budget for the five years.

75k a year per employee cost to CIG is really low. That's like a 56k salary avg at best. Employee cost to company is about 1.25-1.4 times base salary in the US, and from my research it's similar in the U.K. and Germany (though from what I remember Germany was the highest). This is often forgotten when these estimates are made.

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

My name is a trolling word

Solarin posted:

these are awesome

thank you :swoon:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

is there an eta for when you will be able to walk around your ship without falling out?

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/Jorunn_SC/status/875557481652641792

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Those eyes will look great at -20 fps

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

MilesK posted:

Good, every time I see some fake sunset not based on me hurtling through space at a million miles per hour I throw that game in the trash.

:same:

If I can't launch into space and see that sun there, and then proceed to fly into it to make sure it has proper sun-like physics, it's junk.

Extra bonus for properly modeling radiation damage as well, like Star Citizen does.

CaptainBtaksDad
Jun 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Amazing Zimmo posted:

That's just a refactored and archer'd bull netch from morrowind.

nice homage

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Warhawk109 posted:

75k a year per employee cost to CIG is really low. That's like a 56k salary avg at best. Employee cost to company is about 1.25-1.4 times base salary in the US, and from my research it's similar in the U.K. and Germany (though from what I remember Germany was the highest). This is often forgotten when these estimates are made.

Yep. Basic rule of thumb is around 28%-30% in calculating employee overhead in the US per FTE is a safe guess in this day and age. That is basically just modest 401k match, the insurance premiums, workman's comp, crap like that.

They have to be running on fumes at this point. The cashflow posted earlier (great work for that poster) was optimistic. Given Roberts penchant for excessive spending and his lifestyle I'm sure this is not some frugal company in regards to how he treats expenses.

A few garage doors, airplane desks and an espresso machines won't break a $156M company of course. But it does give insight on how procurement is done and lackluster oversight on controlling expenses.

In short, they are hosed. Probably at around $4 million a month at this rate...easy.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Hav posted:

Calm your FUD

I'd like a narrative with subplots.

Edit: The internet never forgets, which is why I'm glad my aliases are secret.

It's a good thing you archived this because Derek constantly deletes stuff from the internet before it can be properly used against him.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Anyone who cares is already gone.

The rest of us just never got involved. :shrug:

At the same time if it suddenly and miraculously appears even at 1/4 of what is promised, I'd buy it because that'd still be like 6 GTAV's put together.

I'd buy it and not even care about wallowing in being wrong, because I just don't care. And like other games, I'll play it for 4 hours and then shelve it indefinitely.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Like watching a rubber mask blink.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Eldragon posted:

The game's frame rate is server side bottlenecked.

It's almost like cry engine is an extremely poor choice for doing anything with more than 32 players or something.

They are trying hard to streamline an arena shooter into an MMO with people who probably only have experience playing MMOs but not actually programming them.

What they are trying to do is akin to zipping a zip file, over and over until it's just a 1 byte file because that's how zip archives work. And nobody ever told them that it's not going to work, or somebody did, but CR is all "but did they ever try to zip it a billion times underwater near the bottom of the ocean where gravity is heavy with water???" And people are all like "uh.. no.." and then he's all "well then let's go break new ground! Quick! To the motion capture studio to help video this programming problem to completion!!!"

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

I've been playing Dungeon of the Endless and I'll have to uninstall it now because I realise the blinking fidelity is garbage

starkebn fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jun 17, 2017

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

The Titanic posted:

The rest of us just never got involved. :shrug:

At the same time if it suddenly and miraculously appears even at 1/4 of what is promised, I'd buy it because that'd still be like 6 GTAV's put together.

I'd buy it and not even care about wallowing in being wrong, because I just don't care. And like other games, I'll play it for 4 hours and then shelve it indefinitely.

despite cig promising the most advanced AI ever created, i can say with 100% certainty that the game will lack any ability to feel emotions and hold a personal grudge against you, should you ever decide to play it.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Nicholas posted:

despite cig promising the most advanced AI ever created, i can say with 100% certainty that the game will lack any ability to feel emotions and hold a personal grudge against you, should you ever decide to play it.

Are you trying to tell us that Star Citizen's AI cannot feel grief?

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Thoatse posted:

For today's Stimpire moment, I present to you the worst type of deskeletonization

http://i.imgur.com/qm7Ftev.gifv

What movie is this?

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

Colostomy Bag posted:

Are you trying to tell us that Star Citizen's AI cannot feel grief?

No, I think Nicholas is trying to say that star citizen's AI doesn't exist at all.

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

Breetai posted:

What movie is this?

TV show. American Gods.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Latin Pheonix posted:

Also someone posted a timeline of SC detailing events and the expected crash. One of the events was "Beer4thebeergod proved right" or something along those lines. Can anyone explain what that is about? I only just started reading this thread the last few months after ignoring SC for 4 years or so so I have no idea what this refers to.

Hi.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Is that a young Derek model?

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

kilus aof posted:

TV show. American Gods.

I need to watch that. I really liked the book.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

trucutru posted:

Is that a young Derek model?

I don't think so. There is a lack of fire and passion in those eyes that would make me believe that I need to read a July blog.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
I'm making jambalaya. The BDJFE.

ETA Summer 2015.

No regurgitations.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

Bootcha posted:

I'm making jambalaya. The BDJFE.

ETA Summer 2015.

No regurgitations.

Welcome back Bootcha :)

What's your stance on pineapple on pizza?

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Amazing Zimmo posted:

A regretful, bad taste in my mouth.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Bootcha posted:

A regretful, bad taste in my mouth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

Amazing Zimmo posted:

Welcome back Bootcha :)

Bootcha posted:

No regurgitations.

:same: