Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Chris Roberts is a miscreant.
His wife is a miscreant.
Their lawyer ortwin is a miscreant.
Ben lesnick is a miscreant.
The backers are all miscreants.
Video game streamers are miscreants.
Forums shills are miscreants.
The bow tie guy is a miscreant.
moma is a miscreant.
Redditors are all miscreants.
The employees are all miscreants.

Miscreancy all the way down.

Miscreancy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.

ManofManyAliases posted:

-We're going to see 3.0 release much earlier than "mid-year."
-SQ42 will, at the very least, have a level (or few levels) drop this year. Though, I'm optimistic for a full release before end-of-year.
-Certain evocati will begin testing 3.0 very, very soon.

Quote the poo poo out of this if you want.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

hakimashou posted:

Chris Roberts is a miscreant.
His wife is a miscreant.
Their lawyer ortwin is a miscreant.
Ben lesnick is a miscreant.
The backers are all miscreants.
Video game streamers are miscreants.
Forums shills are miscreants.
The bow tie guy is a miscreant.
moma is a miscreant.
Redditors are all miscreants.
The employees are all miscreants.

Miscreancy all the way down.

Miscreancy.

You misspelled "fuckwit"

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Nicholas posted:

July 28th Schedule Report

Yeah, that slip is incorrect. Sources tell me that no way on this God's Earth is Sept even a realistic time frame. But you already knew this, because I TOTALLY CALLED IT three weeks ago. They're now doing the delays a little bit at a time to avoid panic. Good plan if you ask me.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

D_Smart posted:

Yeah, that slip is incorrect. Sources tell me that no way on this God's Earth is Sept even a realistic time frame. But you already knew this, because I TOTALLY CALLED IT three weeks ago. They're now doing the delays a little bit at a time to avoid panic. Good plan if you ask me.

Keep up the good fight Dr Smart! Some day every knee will bow and every tongue will confess!

Derek Smart Was Right!

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Calling delays on a game that has been delayed since 2014, sources say it's truly amazing.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Citizens getting salty that Frontier is worth more than CIG has crowdfunded, even after they squeezed all of the blood out of the ED stone. Beet a is a top SC streamer, and WTFO rage quitting because of Beet. Citizens entering a state of depression after finding out evocati isn't this week, even though they gave it away earlier this week that they are crunching hard for Gamescom.

This is a good day for Star Citizen.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Quavers posted:

I already called it :smug:

Indeed you have. :smuggo:

I have been working on some things these past days, and currently 16+ pages behind! :stonk:

So I employed my unique method of catching up. Which is why I posted those links, before getting to the post where you had already totally called it :negative:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I bet Derek does the same thing with books.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Colostomy Bag posted:

I always like the reddit Friday schedule thread.

Some poor backer expresses his apathy and disappointment in the first paragraph of their post.

But in the second paragraph talks about how once 3.0 hits future updates should be quicker.

Im only disappointed that 3.0 is delayed but once 3.0 releases all is forgiven because I hate myself and have foolishly given a cretin hundreds of my hard earned dollars. Will nobody save PC GAMING or shall we wallow in the depths of console lunacy until the end of days

Ennuiiiiiiiii!!!!!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Christ even devoted Nazis gave up on their leader faster than these idiots will.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
*sigh* There's just nothing to play anywhere... *browses the catalogue of some hundreds of thousands of games on Steam*

Nothing at all to play *scrolls past a healthy list of scifi games with plenty of greenlight/early access titles*

*sigh*

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

This one is sad, the jesus patch won't meet the hype and he will feel hollow, like death :(

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

I know some of us have ribbed MoMA about his contingency plan of unloading his ships on the grey market if the game looks to be in trouble, at least to an even greater degree than it does now. However, this citizen has a mindblowing ironclad contingency plan that nobody had previously considered, and I think with this new knowledge I might be sufficiently confident to buy in. What say ye, goons?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
"Slow night" he thought as he posted for a 5th time in as many minutes. -A star Citizen player closes his reddit tab

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

boviscopophobic posted:

I know some of us have ribbed MoMA about his contingency plan of unloading his ships on the grey market if the game looks to be in trouble, at least to an even greater degree than it does now. However, this citizen has a mindblowing ironclad contingency plan that nobody had previously considered, and I think with this new knowledge I might be sufficiently confident to buy in. What say ye, goons?

You know... some people have given enough money to Star Citizen to basically pay my wages for a year or more.

If you wanted a "key personnel" that bad just give them the money, ffs.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Looking for hot redhead to promise me things but never deliver, will pay handsomely.

Wait, isn't this a fetish already?

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot
key person insurance

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

xXAdmiralBekHarXx posted:

key person insurance

Locksmith

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

boviscopophobic posted:

Oh my God.

Oh my God.

Does this person believe that insuring key employees pays off if the employee has to leave because the company goes bankrupt? It's either that, or he's suggesting offing employees to pay refunds.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Looking for hot redhead to promise me things but never deliver, will pay handsomely.

Wait, isn't this a fetish already?

Hey, I'm a hot redhead. I promise I will send you pictures for $50

Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

boviscopophobic posted:

"A Charitable Contribution"

I would pay good money for JPG's of the meeting with this guys accountant....

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

Furious Mittens posted:

"A Charitable Contribution"

I would pay good money for JPG's of the meeting with this guys accountant....

Yes it's worth noting that he's implying tax evasion due to considering jpeg purchases "donations". He's not the only one to have thought of this...

https://testsquadron.com/threads/ships-for-testies-long-term-pledge-plan-tutorial.9423/

Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

boviscopophobic posted:

Yes it's worth noting that he's implying tax evasion due to considering jpeg purchases "donations". He's not the only one to have thought of this...

https://testsquadron.com/threads/ships-for-testies-long-term-pledge-plan-tutorial.9423/

These people never cease to amaze me.

The fact that this entire scam doesn't try to speak some sense to these people and just allow them to think this way is just pure hilarity.

Furious Mittens fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jul 29, 2017

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Foo Diddley posted:

Hey, I'm a hot redhead. I promise I will send you pictures for $50

As long you don't punch below the belt.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

boviscopophobic posted:

This guy also gets asked why anyone would ever want to crew anyone else's ship. He says some people have friends, and they'd do it. He's then asked why would anyone pay the outlay equivalent to being an in universe 1%er to keep up a ship for friends to crew. His response is something about having money.

Then this other SC supporter chimes in, "You rich guys will hopefully let a pleb like me crew for you. As long as I can share the profits why not? It seems like a good deal."

Cue the radar operator on an Idris earning $2.15 an hour, showing up to work half the time with no one there, and getting fired because he answered a question wrong on a personality evaluation. It'll be just like real life. Don't be too hard on the ship owners, they're providing jobs. They made the investment in those ships.

I so badly hope this poo poo show goes live.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

xXAdmiralBekHarXx posted:

so live officially ruled out for gamescome

Kinda a repeat of 2016 then? IIRC everyone was expecting 2.7 at Gamescon, then Citcon, then it became 3.0 and has been weeks/months away until the present.

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017
Star Citizen: may even be tax deductible!

Kromlech
Jun 28, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

big nipples big life posted:

This one is sad, the jesus patch won't meet the hype and he will feel hollow, like death :(
Wow the depression is palpparpable there. We joke a lot here about CIG monetizing mental illness but i think in a lot of these (nut)cases, it's true.

Kromlech fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jul 29, 2017

MinorInconvenience
Feb 24, 2017

Criminal lawyer or criminal, lawyer. Yeah. No difference.

boviscopophobic posted:

First Church of Our Lord Croberts, Reformed.

CIG should have established itself as a 501c3 charity.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

boviscopophobic posted:

If over time you find yourself spending hundreds to thousands on games like that...

You need to book an appointment with a psychologist and get therapy so you can have a better life.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

XK posted:

Oh my God.

Oh my God.

Does this person believe that insuring key employees pays off if the employee has to leave because the company goes bankrupt? It's either that, or he's suggesting offing employees to pay refunds.

I actually think it's the first :psyduck:

CIG should just start firing "key staff" when they need money and reap the sweet, easy insurance money

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

beet stream:

*27 pylons obscuring the field of view*

"uhhhhhhh. am i going forward...? i feel i'm not..."

*sound of a vacuum cleaner in the background. it's the ship*

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

starkebn posted:

I actually think it's the first :psyduck:

CIG should just start firing "key staff" when they need money and reap the sweet, easy insurance money

Well pack it up, everybody, CIG's found the secret to infinite money

No one has to pledge anymore

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Is buying Line of Defense tax deductible too?

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
I bet the funding tracker doesn't "track" this

quote:

Amazon CloudFront would charge CIG $3.8 million to serve 30GB to 100,000 backers.

http://calculator.s3.amazonaws.com/index.html

loma

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

MinorInconvenience posted:

First Church of Our Lord Croberts, Reformed.

CIG should have established itself as a 501c3 charity.

:stare: It's like some prosperity gospel bullshit.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

nawledgelambo posted:

loma

Oh yeah, cloud bandwidth prices...the poo poo ain't cheap. Like I've said before...have a base package? After 40 downloads/patches they've lost money on you.

Then some idiot posted in the schedule thread about Amazon forcing out the delta patcher because Roberts negotiated a flat rate and all the downloads are raising the alarm bells at AMZN hq and want to renogiate/refactor the bandwidth agreement.

Sheer lunacy.

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

nawledgelambo posted:

loma

theres no way thats right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoatse