Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Daztek posted:

I'm not sure what this is exactly, but someone should show it to Chris Roberts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saeYo2A4cik

Whatever it looks like it would be fun af I hope it's not limited to psvr

...and thank you whoever bought uncle derek his new avee, I laughed hard enough to scare my cat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

D_Smart posted:

Holy Cow! I just saw that. :negative:

man of ten less dollars

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Ghostlight posted:

He mentions goons being "robbed and betrayed by their leaders at least twice" which means he's been traumatised by goonfear after playing EVE, having not understood that all of that is explicitly part of that game.

We're still faxing dicks to one of them*, so it's not like they get away clean. Then there was that time we teased the CEO into fuckgoons and a multiyear bro-war. I still have screenshots of the day we lost sov because much hilarity was had.

Seriously, people claim they want a sandbox right up until the gang of bigger kids rolls them, but most of the time the people who get seriously hosed over were greedy and didn't do the basics of checking why a recruiter needed money up front. We give a life lesson and they go around complaining about teachers.

Drunk Theory posted:

Eh, it's the cycle of the thread. Their isn't anything really CIG to talk about so MOMA comes in, makes a spicey take, we all laugh and quote it for a bit, then someone brings up pizza... After the blackout period, we wake covered in pineapple in time for the Friday delay.
Rinse and Repeat.

What's with ranch dressing?

Edit: * So, Remedial nicked the cash, then started doing loan modifications; turned out that this was illegal, so he got taken to court and ordered to pay costs and some of the money back. He's since wound up his law firm and has joined the Army. I poo poo you not.

Hav fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Aug 9, 2017

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Operation tomorrow, pain killers kicking in, desire to edit posts fading

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

peter gabriel posted:

good luck :ohdear:

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

peter gabriel posted:

Drugged out landing successful commando. Stay safe, and just post, never edit.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
it'll take mopre than this to stop me shitp[osytin

Mod Translation Edit: I don't fuckin know, something about oysters maybe?

Somebody fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Aug 9, 2017

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

peter gabriel posted:

About another five minutes, I think. Be safe, and check your genitals after coming out. I hear bad things about the NHS.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

peter gabriel posted:

get well dancey cat

ModernSociety
Jul 12, 2017

peter gabriel posted:

Good luck spacefriend! :)

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

peter gabriel posted:

when the anesthetic kicks in I want you to think about that there's a chance you'll wake up in the wankpod and it's actually "real" life that was fake and the Universe is actually four glitchy metal cans orbiting a flat gas giant

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Daztek posted:

I'm not sure what this is exactly, but someone should show it to Chris Roberts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saeYo2A4cik

http://i.imgur.com/G2mqEv3.gifv

star

citizen

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/08/09/first-person-superhero-sim-megaton-rainfall-flies-to-ps4-ps-vr-september-26/

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Hav posted:

About another five minutes, I think. Be safe, and check your genitals after coming out. I hear bad things about the NHS.

:same:

sickening and heartbreaking things

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6snjoc/the_real_usefulness_of_holograms_landing/

sounds familiar

:thunk:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

I'll edit your posts for you commando, don't worry.

G0RF posted:

Extremely excellent :words:

Dear reddit lurker dudes, please read this. It's absolutely true, and states our "purpose" here better than I've ever heard it put before. Please read it, but also please know that I'm not like G0RF - all those crazy conspiracy theories about me starting a refund cascade while buying ships off the grey market to have the biggest fleet in the game are 100% true.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

D_Smart posted:

Holy Cow! I just saw that. :negative:

Holy hell. Best thing since the WORM WAS NO JOKE

Hamled
Sep 11, 2003

Yeah, but it's all FAKE! You can practically see the hidden loading!

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

peter gabriel posted:

o7 Check if your kidneys are still there after it o7

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

Lol - more armchairing by OSC and/or Derek-alt (I don't know and I don't care either way). Fact is, ToS are upheld in case law very regularly (Wireless providers, cable providers, etc) and there are cases where they are not. It's case law and up to interpretation by the presiding court. Even though CA has strong consumer protection, CA tends to favor the UCC and business (especially small business) to allow for the flow of transactions.

Fact is, they have not been legally challenged, and if so, it'll most likely fall to arbitration. CIG has been happy to oblige refund requests. I'm not sure why some still see them as the bad guy. People need to be smarter with financial management instead of blaming the business.

You're pissing up a tree. We're not talking about "case law", we're talking about consumer fraud which is what Star Citizen is now, based on their on-going practices. Pay attention, and stay focused.

I remember back when you claimed refunds would never be a thing. Then they were.

loving LOL if you think they're ever going to get to walk away with $156M of backer money "Because ToS".

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
The "holograph" technology is clearly an indication that the News Van spaceship is done.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Beet Wagon posted:

I'll edit your posts for you commando, don't worry.

Best posters, best thread :)

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

that mechanic sounds like it's an inch deep and a mile wide :smuggo:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

peter gabriel posted:

Good luck commando.

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

That guy who had a conniption because someone MISLEADINGLY said he was $20,000 deep in jpegs but ACTUALLY he was ONLY $18,000 deep, that's lol of the week right there. So good.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Don't forget to credit people derek,i made that gif.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
Are the citizens going totally mental or something at the mo? I've seen general depression on the Reddit but nothing super entertaining. But this thread is now running faster than it has for years!

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

peter gabriel posted:

Hope all goes well. See you on the other side!

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

El Grillo posted:

Are the citizens going totally mental or something at the mo? I've seen general depression on the Reddit but nothing super entertaining. But this thread is now running faster than it has for years!

somebody's gotta be excited for gamescom

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Beet Wagon posted:

Please read it, but also please know that I'm not like G0RF - all those crazy conspiracy theories about me starting a refund cascade while buying ships off the grey market to have the biggest fleet in the game are 100% true.

True dat. There's diversity aplenty in camp goon. I've never once told someone to get a refund and in fact once kicked Streetroller from Discord because I was suspicious of his intentions. (If I never apologized for that Streetroller, sorry, it seemed conspicuous at the time. Your appearance on that livestream with Jim Brand is still in my top #5 favorite thread memories and I could've prevented it from happening due to paranoia. My bad!) Yet we have our refund facilitators and to those they've helped get refunded, they've done something genuinely positive.

There are some here with destructive intent, others constructive or instructive. Lawful, chaotic, good, neutral, evil. Most agree something has gone wrong, many assume horribly, with the project. Some want things to go horribly wronger, some want things to get righted, some want to laugh and don't care about outcomes because lol either way.

The same diversity exists in the community and despite the standout wretched folks and true oddballs, most are just space gamers hoping that some great games will come out of this unusual arrangement. The Middle Ground is wide, quiet and passive. The noise, fury and cannon fire proceeds from and between parties in Dark Space and Hyper Space. But not all in Dark Space have Dark Intent, just Dark Conclusions, and not all in Hyper Space have positive methods, just positive expectations (or positive incentives to feign them.)

Taste the rainbow, all ye who would stereotype us. Diverse the Verse or something.

peter gabriel posted:

Best posters, best thread :)

Be safe, heal fast, come back when you can -- the thread suffers in your absence, man. You the MVP!

Hope it all goes so smoothly your doctors get cocky, high five, and the one nods to another saying, "drat we're good at this."

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.
And as the hands on the doomsday clock move inexorably forward. As the staff begin to aggressively question management decisions. As once again the frame rate hits below 10 fps with only one player, before crashing......
Chris's rear end in a top hat blinks like a beacon as he prepares the escape pod.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

D_Smart posted:

I remember back when you claimed refunds would never be a thing. Then they were.

Bold gambit. Here Derek plays the 'you were wrong about things' card. Lets see how the thread deals with that.

El Grillo posted:

tl;dr - Their 3.0 release is due in the next couple of weeks after missing a December 2016 deadline. Derek is sending out checks for the ELE and the secret section has the mobilisation plans.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

EightAce posted:

And as the hands on the doomsday clock move inexorably forward. As the staff begin to aggressively question management decisions. As once again the frame rate hits below 10 fps with only one player, before crashing......
Chris's rear end in a top hat blinks like a beacon as he prepares the escape pod.

Sounds like it compiles! Ship it

http://i.imgur.com/rBPGeWd.gifv

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

D_Smart posted:

You're pissing up a tree. We're not talking about "case law", we're talking about consumer fraud which is what Star Citizen is now, based on their on-going practices. Pay attention, and stay focused.

loving LOL if you think they're ever going to get to walk away with $156M of backer money "Because ToS".

If indeed this is consumer fraud, and consumers have had years to bring a claim, they would have already done so especially given the number of backers that have dumped more than $1k each and could validate a class. That's one.
Two: I never claimed there would not be refunds. I said CIG does not have to oblige to offer them.
Three: loving lol if you think you have this thing figured out when it's more than obvious you're doing nothing but barking at clouds and trying to get people to notice you. Hell, I'm responding to you so it's working, eh pal?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

ManofManyAliases posted:

If indeed this is consumer fraud, and consumers have had years to bring a claim, they would have already done so especially given the number of backers that have dumped more than $1k each and could validate a class. That's one.
Two: I never claimed there would not be refunds. I said CIG does not have to oblige to offer them.
Three: loving lol if you think you have this thing figured out when it's more than obvious you're doing nothing but barking at clouds and trying to get people to notice you. Hell, I'm responding to you so it's working, eh pal?

when's your shift ending

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

The Titanic posted:

A MoMA post. Here comes 5 pages of replies and people calling him out about it.

Guys, he's got you by the nose, and Derek too. It'd be funnier but it's too predictable now.

He's not a backer, he does not care a about Star Citizen as a success or a failure. He's just loving with you guys and it's like the bait is always juicy and tasty for people.

Anyhow, proceed with the inevitable MoMA bashing and arguments for the next 4-5 pages. :)

Consider that maybe people know he's trolling, but it's kind of fun to take running starts at a strawman idiot-SC-backer when no real ones have made themselves available.

Trolling, being trolled, in the end it's all just good times in the Star Citizen thread.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Daztek posted:

when's your shift ending

It's around 12:30 on the west coast. We have a few more hours.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

EightAce posted:

Terrifying if true.

I mean there's like 5 years worth of questions worth asking and he's like the Tolstoy of Blatheron...

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.

EightAce posted:

lol

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qbRHY1l0vc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Mr.Tophat posted:

Okay! I could have set up my webcam to pick up my voice, but I decided to try and get my more professional microphone on the go. It's just an SM57 that I've boosted via software, but I'm trying to get the levels right. The webcam was not bad, but it sounded like it was clipping which is something I really dislike. So if I'm hellishly quiet, that's why, and I need folks to let me know about the levels between the game and myself.

Stream available at: https://www.twitch.tv/mrtophat_sa

Going to be broadcasting some Warhammer Total War, playing as greenskins in the campaign, and getting the hang of how the gently caress to stream for the first time :shepface:

Noice, glad to hear! Guess I'll be picking up this game then!

MUTE Tophat!

Seriously though you need to turn down the gain on your mic.